When I connect my phone to my computer I can access the memory card through "My Computer" by clicking on the Blackberry icon or through Desktop Manager with the Media Manager. When I use Media Manager I can see all the folders and files that are stored on my phone. However, when I just access the memory card through "My Computer" (in the start menu) I can only see two folders, "music" and "slacker". The "music" folder which I uploaded a bunch of stuff to only actually displays one artist of the many that are on my card. Is there any way to force my computer to recognize all the folders and files without the intervention of Desktop Manager's Media Manager app?

FYI, I'm using the default 2GB card that came with my Verizon Tour and have not formatted it or changed the folder settings in any way.
    08-13-09 04:27 PM
    Did u allow mass media storage mode?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-09 04:29 PM
    Did u allow mass media storage mode?

Bingo... and you mean default 8 gig card?
    08-13-09 04:30 PM
    Bingo... and you mean default 8 gig card?
    What....did u gey a 8 gig card? Vzw only gave 2 gig cards.

08-13-09 04:34 PM
    I got an 8GB card with my Verizon Storm...
    08-13-09 04:39 PM
    I got a 2gb also
    08-13-09 05:07 PM
    I got an 8GB card with my Verizon Storm...
    Too bad that 8 gig card doesn't come with a phone that works. Lol lol sorry jk I just couldn't resist.

08-13-09 08:40 PM
    I got my Tour a few weeks ago from Telus Mobility here in Canada - phone came with standard 1 gig card. I upgraded two weeks ago to an 8gig card which provides me with enough space to put all my music and photos. I was thinking of getting a 16gig card but Telus wanted over $100 for it.
    08-13-09 09:34 PM
    Thanks for the reminder. I actually had Mass Media Mode enabled but didn't set it up to prompt me when it was connected to a computer.

So now my question is, why is one artist in the music folder when the phone is connected and Mass Media Mode is engaged but not any others? I thought I might actually be looking at the memory on the actual phone itself but then why doesn't all the sample music and images show up?

Thanks again for the help, it is greatly appreciated.
    08-14-09 02:37 PM
    Thanks for the reminder. I actually had Mass Media Mode enabled but didn't set it up to prompt me when it was connected to a computer.

So now my question is, why is one artist in the music folder when the phone is connected and Mass Media Mode is engaged but not any others? I thought I might actually be looking at the memory on the actual phone itself but then why doesn't all the sample music and images show up?

Thanks again for the help, it is greatly appreciated.
    Can only see the music folder and when it was new (last week) I know it had multiple folders out of the box. If I pull the card (4gb) and put it in my computer it wants to reformat the card. When the phone was new I pulled it from my ATT phone, wiped it, copied all the folders from the Verizon card and loaded up the music.
    08-14-09 07:10 PM
    I have an 8 gig and it gives me problems from time to time, I thought of going higher, but I'm nervous if I go any higher it will cause even more problems lol
    08-16-09 12:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD