I did a search on my subject and found nothing, so I thought it might be safe to ask. I have received a few spam e-mails and now when I start to send an e-mail and I start typing the address of where I want to send, I see some of the spam e-mails showing up in the address bar. It's really annoying because one of the people I send to often has about three spam e-mails close to it and I keep accidentally selecting them.

I'm currently running the 5.0 release. (5.0.0,140)

Thanks in advance
    Maj
    08-13-09 02:44 PM
    I did a search on my subject and found nothing, so I thought it might be safe to ask. I have received a few spam e-mails and now when I start to send an e-mail and I start typing the address of where I want to send, I see some of the spam e-mails showing up in the address bar. It's really annoying because one of the people I send to often has about three spam e-mails close to it and I keep accidentally selecting them.

Thanks in advance
    Maj
    No advice at all for you but that line I bolded made me roflol. Yes, Crackberry can be an adventure for some.
    08-13-09 03:04 PM
    Its messed up when people are scared to ask a question cause of the repracutions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-09 04:55 PM
    I want this too. Any real solutions out there?

04-23-10 07:42 AM
    I think this solves the problem...
    go to messages>options>general options...show recent contacts when composing email set to NO!!!
    worked for me...

actually posted this back in oct 2009....
    04-23-10 11:21 AM
    No advice at all for you but that line I bolded made me roflol. Yes, Crackberry can be an adventure for some.
    Some? Its been a riot for me!

Speaking of emails. How do I clear out the folders? When I goto messages then hit the BB button. Goto view folders. I have 6 Inboxes. Uh a little help?

04-23-10 12:10 PM
    I think this solves the problem...
    go to messages>options>general options...show recent contacts when composing email set to NO!!!
    worked for me...

actually posted this back in oct 2009....
    This doesn't clear the database that stores this info. It just makes it where the info isn't used in the auto-complete when you type in the email address field. Only way to clear this is by clearing out the database on the handheld of leared words using Advanced in the Backup/Restore option in DM.
    04-23-10 05:59 PM
    exactly...my info does not clear the cache only helps the annoying spam or another unwanted email addresses from showing up!!
    04-23-10 06:03 PM
    I WANT this feature. Well, not so much for the spam messages, but to be able to email recently emailed people that are not stored in my contacts.

Is this an OS feature? What OS does have this "recent contacts" feature? I'm using Storm 1 w/ OS 328.
    04-28-10 01:07 PM
    you should have it ....go to messages>options>general options...show recent contacts when composing email set to yes...
    Last edited by lainsauto; 04-28-10 at 03:31 PM.
    04-28-10 03:29 PM

Thanks in advance
    Maj
    Maj, Good question. The only way to do it is to flush the entire recent contacts database (cache). Open the BlackBerry� Desktop Manager.
    Click Backup and Restore, Click Advanced. The databases are stored in the Device Databases list. Select the one that says Recent Contacts and delete/clear it.

Below is complete list of the database items and what they mean for reference.

The following table outlines the information stored in databases on the BlackBerry smartphone:

Database

Functionality

Address Book - All

Reflects the total number of add up contact list entries for multiple contact lists on the BlackBerry smartphone.

Address Book - Last Used Hints

Provides information on what phone number or email address was last used to contact a specific contact.

Address Book Options

Stores contact list settings.

Alarm Options

Stores the settings for the alarm application.

Alarms

Customization for alarms sounds set by the BlackBerry smartphone user.

Application Permissions

Permissions configured under Options > Security Options > Application Permissions.

Attachment Data

Stores attachments that have been viewed on the BlackBerry smartphone.

Attachment Data - Calendar

Stores attachments that have been viewed through the calendar application on the BlackBerry smartphone.

Attachment Options

Stores user-defined settings for the Attachment Viewer.

AutoText

Contains the dictionary for automatic substitution of commonly misspelled words while you type. For example, adn > and.

AutoText Data Version

Version of Auto Text Data application.

BBGroups

BlackBerry Groups created within the BlackBerry� Messenger application.

BIS Account Data

Stores BlackBerry Internet Service account information that might be used by the Thick Client application in the BlackBerry� Internet Service.

BlackBerry Messenger

Contacts in BlackBerry Messenger.

Bluetooth Options

Stores the Bluetooth� settings.

Browser Bookmarks

Contains bookmarks for web pages in the browser applications.

Browser Channels

Browser push service subscribed to by the BlackBerry smartphone user. For example, weather setup service. Browser channels lists the channels the browser is subscribed to. For example, weather updates.

Browser Data Cache

Holds cached data from the browser.

Browser Folders

Allows sorting bookmarks into various folders.

Browser Messages

Browser push service notifications.

Browser Options

Contains browser setting information.

Browser Push Options

Contains push content settings for the BlackBerry� Browser.

Browser web address

Contains a list of the web addresses that have been typed into the browser on the BlackBerry smartphone.

Calender - All

Total number of add up entries for all calendars (multiple CICAL service records).

Calendar Options

Stores calendar settings.

Camera Options

Database contains settings customization in Options > Camera > Camera Options.

Categories

Allows various addresses, appointments, tasks and memos to be sorted by category.

Certificate Options

Option list in certificates, whether a user had set a certificate to Distrust, Revoke, or leave the default setting when no changes are made.

Certificate Summary Data

Contains a list of certificates stored on the BlackBerry smartphone (Options > Security Options > Advanced Security Options > Certificates).

Clock Options

Customization for clock options found in Clock > Options.

Code Module Group Properties

System software properties for the core system modules.

Configuration Channel

Stores configuration information that an administrator may assign using the Configuration Channel feature of BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0.

Content Store

Contains pictures and other media content stored on the BlackBerry smartphone on-board device memory.

CustomWordsCollection

Customized words saved to custom word dictionary.

Default Service Selector

Defines the default message service.

Device Options

Stores setting changes made within Options on the BlackBerry smartphone.
    Note: Some options have their own database.

Diagnostic App Options

Test configuration settings in Self Test Application, initiated in Options > Status using key sequence T E S T.

DocsToGoCommonPrefs

Contains setting information for the Documents to Go� application suite.

Email Filters - All

Holds the settings for filters applied to incoming messages to the BlackBerry smartphone.

Email Settings - All

Defines the way messages are sent and received on the BlackBerry smartphone.

Enhanced Gmail Plug-in

Stores information used by the Enhanced Gmail� plug-in for BlackBerry smartphones.

File Explorer Network Favorites

Stores a list of file shares that have been marked as Favorites from the BlackBerry smartphone.

File Explorer Network History

Stores a list of past network file shares that have been accessed from the BlackBerry smartphone.

File Explorer Options

Options configured in Explorer, for example, Show Hidden, or any new folders created.

Firewall Options

Enables or disables the firewall.

Folder ID
    Determines which folder a message is filed into.

Folders

Lists the user-created folders in the message list.

Full-predictive options

Stores settings information pertaining to predictive text functionality.

Handheld Agent

Contains diagnostic information about the BlackBerry smartphone. This database contains information that is sent to the BlackBerry� Enterprise Server for reporting.

Handeld Configuration

Incoming half of the device agent, used to send data from the BlackBerry Enterprise Server to the BlackBerry smartphone.

Handheld Key Store

Securely stores encryption keys for encrypted communication and signing.

Input Learning Data

Stores a list of text that the BlackBerry smartphone uses to automatically predict what the user is attempting to type.

Input Method Switcher Option

Selection of input language method when sequence key Alt+Enter is initiated.

Input System Properties

Stores text input and keyboard layout settings specified under Options > Language and Text Input.

Key StoreManager

An application that manages the BlackBerry smartphone key store.

Key Store Options

Configures options for the BlackBerry smartphone key store.

LDAP Browser Options

Contains Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) browser setting information.

Location Based Services

Used mainly for corporate users in a BlackBerry Enterprise Server environment, either for Location Tracking or can be accessed by third-party applications that are developed by BlackBerry� MDS Studio.

Mailbox Icon Management Options

Stores information regarding inbox settings, and the delivery of email messages to certain message icons.

Map Locations

Locations added to Favorites in BlackBerry� Maps.

Map Settings

Configuration settings in BlackBerry Maps > Options.

MemoPad Options

Stores MemoPad settings.

Memory Cleaner Options

Configuration settings in Options > Security Options > Memory Options, set status to Enable.

Memos

Contains the memos stored on the BlackBerry smartphone.

Message List Options

Defines the way messages are displayed in the messages application.

Contains all the messages on the BlackBerry smartphone.

Messenger Options (GoogleTalk)

Contains setting information for the Google Talk� instant messaging client.

Messenger Options (WLM)

Contains setting information for the Windows Live� Messenger instant messaging client.

Messenger Options (ST) Contains setting information for the IBM Lotus Sametime instant messaging client.
    Messenger Options (OC) Contains setting information for the Microsoft Office Communicator instant messaging client.
    Messenger Options (Yahoo!) Contains setting information for the Yahoo! Messenger client.
    MMS Messages

Database that contains a history of sent or receive Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) Messages for existing and past.

MMS Options

Stores MMS settings.

Mobile Network Options

Contains information outlining current mobile network settings and configurations.

On-Board Device Memory

Database for the on-board device memory that allows the user to stores media files, this is normally in *.cab extension.

Options

Stores miscellaneous configuration options.

PasswordKeeper

An application that uses Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) encryption technology to securely store password entries on BlackBerry smartphones. For more information, see KB19098 .

PasswordKeeper Options

Settings configured in Password Keeper > Options.

PGP Key Store

Contains the PGP private key and public keys.

Phone Call Logs

Logs phone calls made to and from the BlackBerry smartphone.

Phone History

Stores information pertaining to phone call history with specific participants (complete history of incoming and outgoing phone calls with selected recipients).

Phone Hotlist

Stores information on the last x# of calls placed from the BlackBerry smartphone.

Phone Options

Stores phone settings.

PIM Folder List - All

Outlines complete list of personal information management (PIM) folders within the associated mailbox. This can be set up like a filter; if there are multiple folders, you can filter contact lists based on specific folder.

PIN Messages

Personal Identification Number (PIN) messages that are sent or received.

Policy

Stores the IT policy for the BlackBerry smartphone.

Profiles

Contains the various smartphone alerts. For example, a vibration for a new calendar appointment, or a tone when a new message arrives on the BlackBerry smartphone.

Profiles Options

Selects the current profile for BlackBerry smartphone alerts.

Purged Messages

Contains a reference for messages deleted from the BlackBerry smartphone.

Quick Contacts

Stores telephone numbers in the Speed Dial list.

Random Pool

Stores numbers to securely generate random numbers for encryption.

Recent Contacts

Stores a list of contacts that have recently been contacted (phone or email), such as a quick contact reference tool-tip when creating an email.

Recipient Cache

Contains encryption profiles for the people you communicate with.

RMS Databases

Stores information about registered applications.

S/MIME Options

Stores configuration information for Secure Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (S/MIME) settings.

Saved Email Messages

Contains all saved messages that are stored on the BlackBerry smartphone.

Searches

Settings configured in search application.

Secure Email Decision Maker

Automatically selects secure email sending method (determined by whether the original sender sent a signed/encrypted email - the BlackBerry smartphone determines whether to send a signed/encrypted/plain text email back).

Service Book

Stores all of the service records that allow the BlackBerry smartphone to access various services.

Setup Wizard Options

Options configured for personal settings, learn about typing and other personalization for the BlackBerry smartphone.

SheetToGoPrefs

Contains setting information for the Sheet To Go application.

SlideshowToGoPrefs

Contains setting information for the Slideshow To Go application.

Smart Card Options

Save settings configured for the BlackBerry� Smart Card reader

SMS Messages

Contains Short Message Service (SMS) text messages sent to and from the BlackBerry smartphone.

Sounds

Contains the various notification sounds, for example, a vibration for a new calendar appointment, or a tone when a new message arrives on the BlackBerry smartphone. This is for BlackBerry� Device Software 5.0.

Spell Check Options

Settings configured in Options > Spell Check.

SureType options

SureType� keyboard settings specified under Options > Language.

Tasks

Lists the task items on the BlackBerry smartphone.

Tasks Options

Save settings in Task > Options.

TCP/IP Options

Stores TCP/IP configuration settings.

Theme Settings

Icon arrangement on the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone.

Time Zones

Stores the time zone table.

TLS Options

Configures Transport Layer Security settings.

Trusted Key Store

Contains the trusted keys for the BlackBerry smartphone.

VideoRecorder Options

Save settings in Video Camera > Options.

Voice Activated Dialing Options

Settings configured in Options > Voice Dialing.

WAP Push Messages

Contains information from Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) push services.

WLAN Profiles

Saved Wi-Fi� profiles created in Wi-Fi settings.

WordToGoPrefs

Contains setting information for the Word To Go application.

WTLS Options

Contains settings for Wireless Transport Layer Security.
    09-10-10 07:18 PM
    see if there in your contacts if they are u can just delet them. or if you don't mind wipping your phone and restoring it from a backup that would for sure tack care of the problem
    09-11-10 08:41 AM
    see if there in your contacts if they are u can just delet them. or if you don't mind wipping your phone and restoring it from a backup that would for sure tack care of the problem

They are not saved in the BB addressbook but rather cached in a different location in the database. Wiping your phone and restoring it will not solve the issue as the restore feature will also restore the recent contacts database. The simple solution is what i suggested above (i.e. to delete the recent contacts database using the Desktop Software)
    09-11-10 01:09 PM
    They are not saved in the BB addressbook but rather cached in a different location in the database. Wiping your phone and restoring it will not solve the issue as the restore feature will also restore the recent contacts database. The simple solution is what i suggested above (i.e. to delete the recent contacts database using the Desktop Software)
    this worked for me using BB Desktop 6. Went to Device --> Delete Date --> Selected Recent Contacts and Quick Contacts

thanks Pearl!
    Last edited by dannyb1301; 10-20-10 at 07:41 AM. Reason: Quick contacts is speed dial - didn't need to delete that - that is why we backup first!
    10-19-10 11:38 AM
    I dont have a computer. Can i delete recent contact database from the handheld directly?

12-27-10 12:16 AM
    just to bump this and say thanks - been looking how to do this for weeks.
    10-18-11 10:29 AM
    So how would I delete the email addresses/Login/Username info that gets saved with Yahoo and MSN Messenger? I hate how it keeps any history. I want it to show nothing. Thanks
    01-16-12 11:30 AM
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
    01-21-13 09:51 AM
    i need to clear the email cache for the z30. any ideas?
    07-18-14 05:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD