Hi all, well let me say first that actually I am really satisfied with my 8900; however I am quite dissappointed in the quality, especially in the crome thingy. It's been 6months now that I have been using the phone, taken care off, used the leather cover... whatever. Not is appears that the "chrome" is chipping off the frame. That really sucks, especially as it looks old, used, ugly... People have been asking me "Dude, when have you first used that phone? 3 years ago and how did you mangage to get it that early?" You know what I mean.

Anybody encountering the same or I am just picky?
    08-13-09 02:09 PM
    That's the problem with "plhome"...plastic chrome.
    08-13-09 02:11 PM
    It would cost everybody a lot more money and it would weigh a whole lot more if they started putting parts on this device to make it hold up to most... maybe you can call them up and suggest that they make one that is bullet proof too.
    08-13-09 02:28 PM
    Haha, yea I would be more unsatisfied with the higher cost and weight of the phone. I can deal with the chipped chrome. It is kind of a bummer though knowing you take such care of your phone and it still happens.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-09 03:20 PM
    Hmm. I've had my 8900 for 5 months now, & for 2 of those months I carried it without any kind of skin/case. The ONLY chip/scratch it has is one i purposely made (just to see if it was easy to do it ). I guess I'm just lucky? I guess that's why i like the "chrome" so much.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-09 04:21 PM
    You can replace the chrome bezal for under 20 bucks shipped..
    08-13-09 04:55 PM
    dip it in gold. It has been addressed before and it is either an issue you deal with or risk voiding the warranty by changing the bezel. I have small scrapes that I can't see through my seidio innocase 2
    08-13-09 05:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD