This is my first posted thread..so please go easy on me lol..anyway..i've know that for awhile now that there has been a problem with Windows 7 beta USB settings that when upgrading the OS that a blackberry had a very good possibilty to "brick" (i've done it to a friend of mine ..lol..i was able to fix it though ). Now with saying that..i know that there were some things that could to be done to the USB settings (turn automatic power functions off) to help fix the problem. Well for some reason everytime i restarted my computer..Windows 7 would automatically turn them back on (hence "bricking" my friend's phone ). So my question is..with the release of Windows 7 RTM..has the problem been fixed or do the special adjustments still need to be done?
    08-13-09 11:00 AM
    Sry I can't help. But your post seems to be bipolar.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-09 11:04 AM
    yeah..maybe too many emotion icons..lol
    08-13-09 11:07 AM
    i have windows 7 rc1 on my laptop and it works great!
    and in the desktop, with windows vista ultimate, sometimes occurs some HUGE lags...
    08-13-09 11:59 AM
    I never bricked my phone on Win 7, however I hosed it once. It continuously said it was connecting to device when the device was already on. I know that there was a few steps in that tips thread for Win 7 that said something about changing settings in the power settings after you fixed the USB turning off problem. However I've never found that, so mine keep reverting like your's did. I guess my point is to say I've never bricked my phone on 7, so I'm not a lot of help.
    08-13-09 12:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD