Okay, here's what's killing me about owning a BlackBerry...

I champion BB over all other smartphones. I honestly believe it has the best functionality with the ability to run multiple apps, the full keyboard is great, etc.

But when I go to an apps store for BB and everything is between 15 and 50 dollars, whereas the iPhone app store has everything for 99 cents to 10 bucks, it makes me want to gag.

Especially when 95% of the applications I'd really like to see on my BB as a college student, are available on the iPhone, look WAY better than what's available for the BB (and I'm sorry but aesthetics and simplicity do matter), and are way cheaper. Not to mention, there are SO many college-student orientated apps on the iPhone, and hardly any on the BB. What gives?! There are a handfull on the BB, and as far as I'm concerned, the fact that they're so damn expensive when I could get the same thing on my boyfriends iPod Touch for half the price and it would function way better, is pretty ridiculous.

W T F? Why are BB apps so expensive, WHY are so many of the ones that are functional dog ugly and complicated and tedious to use, and why in gods name is the number one smartphone in the world lacking so badly in affordable, functional software? SERIOUSLY?
    Last edited by matdredalia; 08-13-09 at 04:11 AM.
    08-13-09 04:08 AM
    Try searching other places for programs other then the app store. Such as the forums or Google. I have found some good free programs out there not listed in the app store.
    08-13-09 05:27 AM
    An app called Studentdocket is mentioned here. They all seem to really love it.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/how-...tudent-291763/
    08-13-09 05:33 AM
    Okay, here's what's killing me about owning a BlackBerry...

I champion BB over all other smartphones. I honestly believe it has the best functionality with the ability to run multiple apps, the full keyboard is great, etc.

But when I go to an apps store for BB and everything is between 15 and 50 dollars, whereas the iPhone app store has everything for 99 cents to 10 bucks, it makes me want to gag.

Especially when 95% of the applications I'd really like to see on my BB as a college student, are available on the iPhone, look WAY better than what's available for the BB (and I'm sorry but aesthetics and simplicity do matter), and are way cheaper. Not to mention, there are SO many college-student orientated apps on the iPhone, and hardly any on the BB. What gives?! There are a handfull on the BB, and as far as I'm concerned, the fact that they're so damn expensive when I could get the same thing on my boyfriends iPod Touch for half the price and it would function way better, is pretty ridiculous.

W T F? Why are BB apps so expensive, WHY are so many of the ones that are functional dog ugly and complicated and tedious to use, and why in gods name is the number one smartphone in the world lacking so badly in affordable, functional software? SERIOUSLY?
    Try a google search for "BB downloads" (as example) then down at the bottom of that search page you can tweak the search more specific to your needs.
    08-13-09 05:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD