So I am going to try to explain this as best as I can. The iPhone has inlarged the system pick. I can't get it to unlock and I tried shutting it off, and restoring it. But I would lose everything if I did a full restore. I don't know what I did but I've never seen it do this. Think of it as a Super close zoom on a web page, I am going to go down to Apple first thing in the morning.
    08-12-09 11:43 PM
    Hopefully its not an SMS hack.
    08-12-09 11:46 PM
    but installed 3.1.. - sigh - I hate this feeling.
    08-12-09 11:49 PM
    well did u have any backup from any date? and if u have mobile me with all ur contacts and calendar info saved, why not do a complete wipe.....what did the people at the apple bar say?
    08-13-09 01:07 AM
    try updating the firmware, it is like restoring, but does not delete any data ;D
    08-13-09 01:40 AM
    I read some where else that it's a 3 finger tap. It's some kind of zoom feature. Most people are hitting it by accident and then don't know how to go back to normal view.
    08-13-09 10:39 AM
    Did you enable the accessibility feature?

If you did, tap the screen with 3 fingers.
    08-13-09 10:47 AM
    If you did NOT enable the accessibilty features.

Since 3.0 the iphone backs-up everything at least 99%. So if you synced it with Itunes at least once then you have a back up on your computer. Just put the iphone in recovery mode, open itunes, plug the phone in the USB and restore is then sync the iphone.
    Last edited by Wsaund; 08-13-09 at 11:28 AM.
    08-13-09 11:05 AM
    I just restored it from a previous date, that was really odd. I was super worried for a second.
    08-13-09 11:57 AM
    The zoom screen is included on 3gs. If you tap the screen with three fingers, it zooms the entire screen in. To turn it off or learn how to use it go to settings -> general -> accessibility -> zoom.
    08-17-09 01:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD