Yes, I've tried searching the forums, with not much luck.

I was just wondering what everyone's typical battery life for the Storm is. I keep 0 applications running beyond Phone, Messaging, Home Screen, and Browser. I don't leave the LED flashing either. However, my Storm typically lasts 12 hours. (barely...and if that)

I don't use too much data or receive that many emails (mostly SMS) on any day, and I have tried using pretty much nothing on the phone for a day and it still doesn't last long.
    I have read people have had issues with App World and memory, so I uninstalled that, thinking that that may help battery too. (It didn't improve either)

I even spoke with a VZW rep about it, and she said it wasn't typical for the battery to last 1 day barely with even minimal usage. I got it replaced, and have experienced no improvement.

Can anyone shed some insight? It's been consistent among various OSes...currently on Lyricidal's .151
    08-12-09 11:18 PM
    I usually get a good full day with lots of use. Here is some more information. http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/how...y-last-291187/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-09 11:26 PM
    I can usually go 36+ hours easy... but I typically only use email and about an hour of talk. rarely use GPS or apps.
    08-12-09 11:51 PM
    My storm battery lasts quite a while. Probably 48 hours with regular use. Not too many calls, but quite a bit of text/email. I have the BB magnetic case that allows the storm to "sleep." Saves tons of battery power.
    08-13-09 12:12 AM
    i use the gps, bluetooth, and radio, with apps like Google maps and latitude constantly running and it last 24+ hours.
    08-13-09 12:15 AM
    I get about a day and a half maybe two if iam lucky

08-13-09 02:23 AM
    two days
    rarely use app
    08-13-09 02:28 AM
    you can change a battery and do a test
    may you battery is not work well
    08-13-09 02:29 AM
    Heavy usage (calls, videos, streaming audio...) = 15-20%/hr. Medium (web, games...) = 10-15%/hr. Intermittent use obviously varies. Non-usage = 0%.

I recommend extra standard BB battery & mini extended charger from shop CB. Storm always available!
    08-13-09 03:54 AM
    Heavy usage (calls, videos, streaming audio...) = 15-20%/hr. Medium (web, games...) = 10-15%/hr. Intermittent use obviously varies. Non-usage = 0%.

I recommend extra standard BB battery & mini extended charger from shop CB. Storm always available!
    Thanks Transfigured, good to see some percentages posted. I've been keeping records of my battery consumption with MeterBerry because I don't get anywhere near what I hear other from Storm users on here....1-2 days even with heavy use, etc. My numbers correspond with yours.
    08-13-09 07:49 AM
    I get about 1-2 days use out of my storm. I'm not on Verizon network and get spotty service in my house with my carrier.. I love the official .151

08-13-09 08:06 AM
    With heavy usage on a roadtrip: mp3 player running and sms texts and opera mini for internet use my battery only lasts 3-4 hours..sadly. With no mp3 player use I can usually last all day even with heavy sms usage.

08-13-09 08:10 AM
    Depending on use, i would say about 2 days. I charge each night.

That said, the OS you are using could be causing the battery drain. i've tried numberous OS's and that was a major reason why I tried another OS, whether it be Hybrid or official.

I just installed Lyricidal's newest hybrid (not sure which version it is) but so far my phone has been running great. basically zero memory leaks and battery usage is good. Could defininitely get 2 days out of this battery, and maybe 3 depending on the usage.
    08-13-09 08:17 AM
    Depending on use, i would say about 2 days. I charge each night.

That said, the OS you are using could be causing the battery drain. i've tried numberous OS's and that was a major reason why I tried another OS, whether it be Hybrid or official.

I just installed Lyricidal's newest hybrid (not sure which version it is) but so far my phone has been running great. basically zero memory leaks and battery usage is good. Could defininitely get 2 days out of this battery, and maybe 3 depending on the usage.
    I'm not too sure about hybrids just yet.

08-13-09 08:20 AM
    All that matters is that you can get through a day from charge to charge with out the battery dying. 12 - 16 hours on a single charge is all you need. I have an extra battery and have only had to use it once. There are so many variables that contribute to battery life it's impossible to compare one person's to another.

Signal Strength
    email/data usage
    phone usage
    gps usage
    media - music and video

All these things will contribute, you have to determine what your particular factors are and make adjustments based on that.
    08-13-09 08:48 AM
    Hi, In an average my battery could only last 8 hours. Without using any applications. SMS and e-mail only !! My fellow storm users are also experiencing the same thing.

I'm planning to get this battery, any one tried it?

------------------------------------------------------------------
    Package Content:
    1 x Momax X-Level Li-ion Battery for BlackBerry Storm 9500/ 9530/ Curve 8900

Voltage: 3.7V
    Capacity: 1300mAh

Features:
    Highest capacity Lai-ion battery cell.
    Standby & talk time is 50-80% longer than normal batteries.
    Advance Li-ion tedchnology, high performance Li-ion battery.
    Stable and safety with circuit protection.
    Compiled to international safety standard.
    Manufactured with ISO 9001 quality assurance.

Applicable Certificate : CE
    08-13-09 09:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD