P.S. I can't believe this especially since the iPhone was on WiFi because it didn't get 3G service where they were!
    08-12-09 07:21 PM
    Ha that iPhone user was such a tool.
    08-12-09 07:34 PM
    Whoa!!!
    08-12-09 07:43 PM
    Man that's crazy
    08-12-09 07:44 PM
    hahaha I know when it happened i couldn't believe it
    08-12-09 07:56 PM
    HP.com loads incredibly fast... when you have Javascript disabled. When it's enabled, not so much. You can tell the difference of whether they have it enabled based on the look of the page.

It looks like the Tour and the iPhone both had Java disabled, whereas Pre had it enabled. Still, Tour's EVDO beating the iPhone's Wifi is impressive!
    08-12-09 08:28 PM
    HP.com loads incredibly fast... when you have Javascript disabled. When it's enabled, not so much. You can tell the difference of whether they have it enabled based on the look of the page.

It looks like the Tour and the iPhone both had Java disabled, whereas Pre had it enabled. Still, Tour's EVDO beating the iPhone's Wifi is impressive!
    yeah i know! especially since the wifi run there is broadband connection!
    08-12-09 08:32 PM
    Wow beating the iphone on wifi and the palm pre all I can say again is WOW!!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-09 08:39 PM
    Go Blackberry!
    08-12-09 08:41 PM
    As much as I like the Tour, I call BS.

This is either some sort of viral video or done by a Tour fanboy.

The Tour must have either had the website cached or loaded the mobile version.
    08-12-09 08:45 PM
    This was the first test I did with my Tour. I launched USAToday with my Ipod Touch (same Safari browser as the Iphone) on wifi and on the Tour for the load up speed test and the Tour wins every time (even with the standard BB browser). Can't understand anyone that knocks the Tour EVDO speed, I rate it outstanding and no wifi necessary, at least on Verizon. Very pleased with the browsing experience.
    There's something up with that. I put my friends verizon tour against my sprint tour, and beat her on every page we loaded. The palm pre I can't say. All I know is I'm willing bet my tour against any other non sprint tour!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Ha that iPhone user was such a tool.
    I believe that goes without saying....
    08-12-09 08:46 PM

hahaha no it's not fake! the only thing fake about that video is the crazy names lmao but that was me and we all made sure we went to a website we hadn't gone to before so it couldn't be cached. like when i said "done" i double checked to make sure it actually was because i didn't believe it haha
    08-12-09 08:51 PM
    Siht loads fast on Verizon.
    08-12-09 08:54 PM
    Love the info
    08-12-09 08:55 PM
    Idk if anyone else noticed but the guy said that he was running the Palm Pre on the Verizon network. I wonder if he was mistaken?

Other than that, BGR did a test the other day posting the best 3G speeds of all of the major carriers. Some of you may be surprised by the results, but I am not!
    Carrier Wars: Sprint speed test results : Boy Genius Report
    08-12-09 09:26 PM
    Idk if anyone else noticed but the guy said that he was running the Palm Pre on the Verizon network. I wonder if he was mistaken?

Other than that, BGR did a test the other day posting the best 3G speeds of all of the major carriers. Some of you may be surprised by the results, but I am not!
    Carrier Wars: Sprint speed test results : Boy Genius Report
    yeah that was just his mistake!
    08-12-09 09:30 PM
    hahaha no it's not fake! the only thing fake about that video is the crazy names lmao but that was me and we all made sure we went to a website we hadn't gone to before so it couldn't be cached. like when i said "done" i double checked to make sure it actually was because i didn't believe it haha
    How do you work for that guy? What a ******.
    08-12-09 10:38 PM
    The iPhone 3GS browser spanks BB hard when it comes to usability and speed. This is quite well known and documented and includes the BB as well as Opera Mini and Bold browsers. If you are so desperate to believe differently because of some amateur You Tube video then you must be feeling really insecure about having a BB instead of an iPhone.
    08-12-09 11:22 PM

Try it yourself. HP.com loads INCREDIBLY fast on the Tour without Javascript enabled (which by the looks of the page that she showed, it appears she had Java disabled). We're talking about seconds here.
    08-13-09 09:40 AM
    The iPhone 3GS browser spanks BB hard when it comes to usability and speed. This is quite well known and documented and includes the BB as well as Opera Mini and Bold browsers. If you are so desperate to believe differently because of some amateur You Tube video then you must be feeling really insecure about having a BB instead of an iPhone.
    ...Says the iPhone user hanging out on a BlackBerry forum...
    08-13-09 09:46 AM

P.S. I can't believe this especially since the iPhone was on WiFi because it didn't get 3G service where they were!
    And yet, he didn't have the balls to put it up to a Sprint Tour.. Scared aren't we? lol

Plus, BB's go through proxy servers, DUH
    08-13-09 09:50 AM
    yeah that was just his mistake!
    Meh, I wouldn't be 100% sure on that. There is someone already doing this.
    08-13-09 09:52 AM
    I can attest to this. I was out with some friends last week and we were looking for some of the local night life after the restaurant and my Tour not only loaded a webpage faster than two of their iPhones but also loaded Where faster than they loaded any of their apps and it also gave me better and more accurate responses.
    08-13-09 10:14 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD