How Many Times Have You Dopped Your Blackberry Bold?

Mine Slipped Outta My Hands More Than 20+ Times
    But Its Still Holding On Strong. Just Ordered A All Black Housing Kit So I Should Be Back In Business In A Week Or Two.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by charlieb620; 08-12-09 at 04:06 PM.
    08-12-09 04:02 PM
    Once last month and it was nasty!
    It'll definitely affect my re sale appearance wise unless I replace the bezel.

08-12-09 04:05 PM
    Zero. Jinx.

08-12-09 04:46 PM
    geeze... At least everyday. I'm in sales so I toss mine around all the time to show how durable BBs are. Of course i have RIM oem skin and a screen protector on mine so I can sell one of those too ;D
    08-12-09 05:06 PM
    Maybe less then 3 times, thankfully it was in a case.
    08-12-09 05:07 PM
    twice here, its like a tank
    08-12-09 05:08 PM
    i dropped mine real good and scratched the f*** out of my black bezel.

i'll probably sell my bold soon and just put the oem bezel back on tho...
    08-12-09 05:17 PM
    A couple of times now. Bezel is all scratched. I'm waiting for the warranty to be up so i can black it out.
    08-12-09 05:42 PM
    Probably 60+ times.
    08-12-09 05:46 PM
    3 times this week along and probably 2 other times and I've only had my Bold for about a month...

But it's still fine, a couple of small scratches on the bezel but you wouldn't even notice them unless you were really looking.

I've got to get a silicone case for this or something. I might not be so lucky next time...
    08-12-09 06:18 PM
    geeze... At least everyday. I'm in sales so I toss mine around all the time to show how durable BBs are. Of course i have RIM oem skin and a screen protector on mine so I can sell one of those too ;D
    what screen protector do you use?

i have never dropped mine before (:
    i used to use a rim oem skin but it got kinda deformed for some reason so i took it off and now i walk aroudn with my bold in my hand all the time without any screen protectors or skins. never dropped it once

does anyone know how my skin would slowly get deformed btw?
    08-12-09 07:01 PM
    Enough times that when I got it replaced because I lost it I bought an otterbox case to ensure it is protected from now on.

08-12-09 07:04 PM
    I have yet to drop my Bold, knock on wood! I've had my phone since January, 8 months and going strong lol!

08-12-09 08:04 PM
    I've dropped mine about 5 times since I've had it. I used to keep the OEM silicone case on it to be safe, but I could only stretch the Koskin case. I got the OEM leather holster, and I still haven't gotten to stretching it enough to fit the phone with silicone cover on.

The las time I dropped it was when I was carrying too much, and my holster spun upside down, and the flap got undone. It dropped wicked hard onto the pavement, and the battery/door launched away from my phone. I was never that scared of a drop until then, but my phone took it like a champ, and works just as great as when I got it.

That last drop made some pretty gnarly dents in the bezel, so a swapout might be In order soon.. maybe to the titanium one

Last edited by joemecu; 08-12-09 at 08:35 PM.
    08-12-09 08:31 PM
    Quite a bit, but I bought the OEM skin for it and ironically haven't dropped it since I put it on a few days ago.

08-12-09 08:37 PM
    I've dropped mine numerous times. The most horrific time was about two weeks ago when I dropped it in a puddle of water! However the rice trick did work. I absolutely love my Bold!!!
    08-12-09 09:08 PM
    like a few times a week. damn!
    08-12-09 09:32 PM
    Dropped twice, well only once (technically).

First time was walking downstairs and it slipped out of my hand. Landed about 3 ft below on tile. Battery cover and the actual battery flew another couple feet. No actual damage to report!

Second time was in a hotel room. I dropped my Bold onto the bed and it dropped corner to corner and kept jumping until it was off the bed. It hit a metal heater and did some damage. I swear the BB gods had it in for me that day.

08-12-09 10:05 PM
    I would never ever even think about dropping it...but things happen.
    08-12-09 10:24 PM
    I drop mine way too much. At least 50+ times since launch.
    08-12-09 10:38 PM
    Few times on my hardwood floor. Nothing too major as i was on my bed so it wasnt so high. No scratches on the screen and housing YET
    08-12-09 10:50 PM
    to many times Im suprised its still working I even got it wet
    just got an otterbox today and I love it im not scared to drop it anymore. I dropped it with the Otterbox on purpose from about 4 feet and it just bounced then I tossed it on the table from about 5 feet away and it took it. WOW...
    08-13-09 12:07 AM
    I dropped my old one 3 times with no issues but a ding on the chrome bezel, but when I smacked it facedown on a desk it killed the screen SO DON'T DO THAT. the new one I hvent dropped but I will be getting an OTTER Box for it
    08-13-09 12:11 AM
    Three times and I've only had it 2 days!!! Haven't gotten my silicone skin yet...

08-13-09 02:17 AM
    Zero times!

Even my old pearl looks brand new.
    08-13-09 03:23 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD