I was wondering if anyone else has had a problem with the new OS. With my curve, there is a big delay when you click on the trackball to look at your phone. Like when the screen is black and you click on the trackball. Anyone else have this problem?
    08-12-09 09:19 AM
    I actually just d/l both the new DM5 and 4.5.0.138 today.....no problems, no delays.
    08-12-09 06:20 PM
    I'm having the same problem too. It started after the "upgrade" yesterday. I'm glad that I'm not the only one.

Is it possible to downgrade the OS? The delay is most annoying.
    08-13-09 07:53 AM
    D/l the 4.5.0.138 and my previous appointment reminders do not show on my today screen, only new appointments that I set. There is also a new default calendar that showed up with the new OS and the appointments that I had before the d/l are under that calendar. Is anyonelse having this problem? And how do you correct it?
    08-13-09 09:47 AM
    Are you folks experiencing problems doing a battery pull after the update? If not, pull that battery out for about 15 seconds, put it back in, and let the phone do a full reboot. Fixes 95% of the problems people have with updates, and should ALWAYS be done.
    08-13-09 10:03 AM
    I have had the same problem with my blackberry. The screen delays like 2-3 seconds after I press the trackball before the screen responds and turns on. I rebooted my blackberry and I am still experiencing this problem. Does anyone know how to fix this?
    08-13-09 10:47 AM
    I haven't noticed any delays but, I have had a few freezes. Battery pull has always fixed it.
    08-13-09 03:27 PM
    I am having the exact same problem and it's driving me crazy!! I would rather have the old OS, but don't know how to go back. And yes, I've tried a battery pull. I look at my BB probably a couple hundred times a day, so this 2-3 second delay is maddening! Help
    08-13-09 04:56 PM
    You can reinstall the old OS by removing the current OS from your pc, and then downloading/installing the old OS from the carriers site.
    08-14-09 11:38 AM
    I am having the exact same problem and it's driving me crazy!! I would rather have the old OS, but don't know how to go back. And yes, I've tried a battery pull. I look at my BB probably a couple hundred times a day, so this 2-3 second delay is maddening! Help
    Battery pull didn't help me either. I called Verizon and got instructions to roll back - Desktop Manager - Application Loader - Update Software - select downgrade.

No more freezing on personal BB. Now to rollback on my work BB..
    08-14-09 05:35 PM
    BTW - sych before you rollback the OS (and to be extra anal, backup as well, even though the rollback process creates a backup). I noticed that after the rollback, my appts from a certain date back were missing from the BB.
    08-14-09 05:39 PM
    I was wondering if anyone else has had a problem with the new OS. With my curve, there is a big delay when you click on the trackball to look at your phone. Like when the screen is black and you click on the trackball. Anyone else have this problem?
    Yes, I did. Unfortunately, installing the hybrid OS didn't fix this either. I'm so confused!!!
    08-14-09 06:02 PM
    For those of you having expierincing issues after the upgrade. Which method did you us? Not sure if this the following makes a difference. Did you up grade using DM or Web? FYI - I've been on the new OS for two days without issues. I upgraded via web.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-09 06:28 AM
    Yes. I have the same issue and it's completely annoying!
    08-16-09 08:31 PM
    D/l the 4.5.0.138 and my previous appointment reminders do not show on my today screen, only new appointments that I set. There is also a new default calendar that showed up with the new OS and the appointments that I had before the d/l are under that calendar. Is anyonelse having this problem? And how do you correct it?
    Yes. I have the same issue. I can't find a way to fix it.
    08-16-09 08:32 PM
    Yes. I have the same issue. I can't find a way to fix it.
    same issue with calendar, now when i try syncing with outlook it wants to delete over 40 entries on outlook even though they are still there on my BB. i'm going to try and rollback hopefully that helps
    08-17-09 07:58 AM
    For the delay in waking up your screen from a backlight timeout, just press the space key or enter key instead of the trackball.

08-18-09 03:46 AM
    so glad to hear i'm not just bb illiterate!! i had no idea what was going on. i knew it had to do with the update, but didnt know what to do. thanks for sharing!!
    08-18-09 05:14 PM
    No problems with 138, but 160 had me in reboot ****
    08-18-09 08:31 PM
    I went from 4.5.0.77 to 4.5.0.138 using DM. Did everything by the book and couldn't get it to stop rebooting randomly, and I also experienced the lag when clicking the trackball to backlight the screen. I didn't try pressing a key instead of the trackball, because clicking the trackball is like an involuntary action to me at this point. The rebooting was the worst though. I ended up going back to .77, since the only differences I noticed with .138 were negative ones.
    08-28-09 10:24 AM
    4.5.0.169 is sweet
    08-28-09 01:03 PM
    Gonna have to format your mem card cuz cache filez go on there, load the new os again, wipe it after you load it and then put your newly formated card back in. It should werk.

08-29-09 10:01 AM
    The last 2 or 3 numbers in the os version is the radio version certain ones are for certain carriers also need to delete carrier.xml before loading

08-29-09 10:24 AM
    verizon did themselves no favors with this mess. i went back to .77 just ridiculous that they put this up for everyone
    09-14-09 11:08 PM
    I see its been almost a month since anyone posted in here but I installed this OS .138 this AM and its working good for me .

10-10-09 03:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD