Is there anyone that has been able to successfully tether their tour with usb and smartview? It was easy on ny curve, but I can't get smartview to recognize my Tour. Help?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 07:29 PM
    I haven't seen the software for this on Sprint's site either. I think we're all just waiting currently for them to get the proper one up.

Is there anyone that has been able to successfully tether their tour with usb and smartview? It was easy on ny curve, but I can't get smartview to recognize my Tour. Help?

08-11-09 08:00 PM
    You don't need to have it to tether.
    08-12-09 11:54 PM
    What are you(Chris...) using to tether? I am on Verizon as well - are you using tetherberry or an alternative(preferably)?

thanks!
    09-10-09 04:47 AM
    I use SmartView to tether my Sprint Tour everyday; I'm using it right now (version 2.25.0046.0). Works like a charm. The weird thing is that my data usage from tethering doesn't ever show up on my Sprint account (usages details). It's fast too. The only thing that bothers is that because of the Tour's poor reception issues, I don't always connect to EVDO Rev A data. Sometime I'll only get Rev 0, and sometime it will say HSDPA. As long as it's not roaming, I don't really care. All of the speeds are plenty fast enough for me.

09-10-09 09:05 AM
    If you're having detection problems try re-booting the phone while connected to the computer (+/- & while smartview is open)
    09-10-09 09:56 AM
    Our Sprint Technicall Account rep indicated that Sprint is not planning on supporting the Tour with SmartView. No need to wait for an update.
    09-11-09 03:10 PM
    smartview or teherberry, which is better???
    09-11-09 04:19 PM
    I've been successful with PAM on Sprint. Wrote a quick tutorial for using Window's native DUN. I've never tried Smart View or Tetherberry, so I can't compare.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f70/dun...nt-pam-322714/
    09-25-09 12:05 PM
    A version of Smartview for the Tour is available at Sprint now. Just dl'd last night. Alas I couldn't get it to work. The version number ends in 47.
    09-25-09 01:53 PM
    10 characters.
    Last edited by catseyenu; 09-25-09 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Oops
    09-25-09 02:10 PM
    I use SmartView to tether my Sprint Tour everyday; I'm using it right now (version 2.25.0046.0). Works like a charm. The weird thing is that my data usage from tethering doesn't ever show up on my Sprint account (usages details). It's fast too. The only thing that bothers is that because of the Tour's poor reception issues, I don't always connect to EVDO Rev A data. Sometime I'll only get Rev 0, and sometime it will say HSDPA. As long as it's not roaming, I don't really care. All of the speeds are plenty fast enough for me.

i use the same thing and it works like a charm.
    09-25-09 02:29 PM
    So I must be a dummy.... My SV won't recognized my BB. I can't connect using just a "dial-up", and yes, I have DM open.

10-02-09 04:26 PM
    I'm in the same boat. I tried the restart "trick", and while the phone was loading it recognized it, but wouldn't connect (error 678). When it finally loaded, the damn thing quit recognizing the phone! I don't know what to do.

10-02-09 04:53 PM
    i've been doing it for the past few months and now it just stopped !!
    02-02-11 12:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD