I have seen a lot of negative posts about Verizon and I thought I would start a positive or not so negative one on Big Red.

MY 3 reasons for staying with Verizon are:

1)Customer Service
    2) Customer Service. I can not list all the times CS reps have helped me and my wife out. Just as an example I put a text plan on the wrong line and when I called cs to move it to the other line the rep went and moved the text plan and with out me asking removed the text charges. Granted the reps can not know everything about every phone, but they do know how to treat people.
    3)Coverage Area. I can be out backpacking and still use my phone. In my office everybody with ATT has to go outside to make and receive calls. My phone gets a strong signal inside my office.
    I have had Sprint, ATT and Nextel and IMO Verizon is tops.
    No I do not work for Verizon. I work for a Major Theme Park in Orlando. So I do know a little about customer service.
    Last edited by bwhardy; 08-11-09 at 07:09 PM.
    08-11-09 07:06 PM
    Customer service and coverage area is second to none.
    08-11-09 07:12 PM
    Verizon Customer service is second to Apple Inc. If only the 2 would join together. Maybe once Verizon gets there 4G LTE up and running...keep your fingers crossed!
    08-11-09 07:22 PM
    Poor Blackberry selection(slow on getting them)
    No wifi
    No UMA
    Most expensive plans in the country
    They push unwanted items to your phone
    08-11-09 07:27 PM
    I've always had Verizon except for 2 yrs where i tried Nextel out. Nextel was great til sprint bought them. After sprint bought them i had nothing but trouble so i came back to verizon & been here ever since. I really have never had a problem with Verizon, knock on wood. I just had a lot of friends on nextel, so i tried it. As far as i'm concerned Verizon is #1.
    08-11-09 07:30 PM
    For me, it is the benefits and not having to take tech calls for the originator of post #5.
    08-11-09 08:16 PM
    For me, it is the benefits and not having to take tech calls for the originator of post #5.
    You mean this one?

No wifi
    No UMA
    Let's take a whack at your hack job here, shall we?

RIM has never released a WiFi-capable BlackBerry - on any carrier - so how is this VZW's fault? Or Sprint's? Or Alltel's Or...?

No UMA? Name me a carrier that offers UMA in more than 10% of the country. Oops, there are none. In fact, none are even close to 10%. Besides, within 24 months, VZW will have more LTE than its closest competitor will have 3G & UMA/HSPA combined.

Most expensive plans? You might want to double-check your ignorance by running like plans on AT&T & VZW. Sorry - no other carriers need apply, based on speed & coverage. The only other that comes close in speed is Sprint - uh oh, where is their WiFi and UMA? And no, the iDEN models count only if you want the Nextel headache.

Don't go there with the pushed apps to phone thing - I can name you at least a dozen times in the past three years where AT&T, Sprint & T-Mobile each pushed icons & apps out. RIM facilitates this & if you can't handle a managed solution, like BlackBerry, grow up & get a real phone - Palm or WM, for starters. Android adds unwanted stuff, as does Apple.

Come back when you want to be shot down again - which, based on your posting history, is like shooting fish in a barrel. Easy stuff.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 09:13 PM
    I like that my phone/email/internet works in the middle of Lake Powell!
    08-11-09 09:18 PM
    all my friends are on it, and I just do what they do.
    08-11-09 09:19 PM
    You mean this one?

Let's take a whack at your hack job here, shall we?

RIM has never released a WiFi-capable BlackBerry - on any carrier - so how is this VZW's fault? Or Sprint's? Or Alltel's Or...?

No UMA? Name me a carrier that offers UMA in more than 10% of the country. Oops, there are none. In fact, none are even close to 10%. Besides, within 24 months, VZW will have more LTE than its closest competitor will have 3G & UMA/HSPA combined.

Most expensive plans? You might want to double-check your ignorance by running like plans on AT&T & VZW. Sorry - no other carriers need apply, based on speed & coverage. The only other that comes close in speed is Sprint - uh oh, where is their WiFi and UMA? And no, the iDEN models count only if you want the Nextel headache.

Don't go there with the pushed apps to phone thing - I can name you at least a dozen times in the past three years where AT&T, Sprint & T-Mobile each pushed icons & apps out. RIM facilitates this & if you can't handle a managed solution, like BlackBerry, grow up & get a real phone - Palm or WM, for starters. Android adds unwanted stuff, as does Apple.

Come back when you want to be shot down again - which, based on your posting history, is like shooting fish in a barrel. Easy stuff.

Well said
    08-11-09 09:23 PM
    service service service. i was with at&t for a long time and i switched to verizon about 6yrs ago, and they have always worked with me whenever i have had issues , the never let me down.
    08-11-09 09:34 PM
    COVERAGE AREA! nuff said
    08-11-09 11:23 PM
    BB Bold has Wifi.. just sayin'
    08-12-09 01:10 AM
    Sorry, I had to do it. I was a little grumpy earlier. I will be nice now. That being said, the BB 8120, 8320, 8900 and Bold all have Wifi. Oh, and verizon is a great company, when I used to travel the country for work I never has a problem. Once I got settled down in one spot and switched my three phones to Tmobile I saved $145 per month. For superb coverage Verizon is great.
    Last edited by cjjeffers; 08-12-09 at 01:19 AM.
    08-12-09 01:14 AM
    BB Bold has Wifi.. just sayin'
    i think maybe he was referring to BB's on CDMA networks?
    08-12-09 01:16 AM
    like everything about Verizon except the crippling of phones but i think they will do better but only time will tell
    08-12-09 01:20 AM
    1. Not dropping calls
    2. Being able to send/recieve emails in a lot of places others can't.
    3. They aren't at&t.
    4. Its my job to like them
    08-12-09 07:23 AM
    I love Verizon because i get to stand on my feet for 8 hours a day...

The only exercise i do is walking around the store (cuz im too tired for anything else after working 9+ hours) Thanks for keeping me healthy VZW!
    08-12-09 08:34 AM
    No wifi
    No UMA
    Apparently you can't read...this is the "Reasons Why You Like Verizon" thread.

Anyway, back to the subject at hand. I agree the customer service is suburb, in the stores and over the phone. Verizon is one of the few companies that I have never had to hang up on out of anger. The coverage is amazing as well, a full signal while fishing in the middle of Lake Erie makes me smile
    08-12-09 08:40 AM
    Customer service, coverage area. They are tops in both catorgories.
    08-12-09 09:47 AM
    Customer support by far..they really very helpful when it comes to any issue involving changes, corrections, and adjustments pertaining to my account. Coverage is five star IMO..
    08-12-09 10:40 AM
    the CS
    the service
    the new tour
    08-12-09 10:44 AM
    +1000000 on the CS part. Even though we pay more, I think we get what we pay for.

Funny story: my wife and I were at the weather observatory on Mauna Loa (9000 feet) and we had 4 bars. This was in the middle of nowhere on Hawaii's Big Island. Now that we have BBs, unless something terrible happens, we're customers for life.

08-12-09 11:18 AM
    The customer service I've had from VZW over the years has always been outstanding, but the top reason I like Verizon is the coverage. No one else in my area, including AT&T, even comes close.
    08-12-09 11:41 AM
    Customer Service is outstanding.
    Price is cheapest out of any of the other carriers. i have a family plan with 4 lines 2 BB's and 2 dumb phones. due to most people my family and i call being on verizon and the 10 friends and family numbers i can stay on a lower plan. I looked at other carriers and it would cost $87 more for At&t, $77 more on Sprint, and $32 more on T-mobile because i would have to go with such a high min rate plan.
    08-12-09 12:16 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD