Sorry if this is a newbie question but does anyone know if blackberry maps will work on my 8300 with the at&t network??? If not, where and how can i get maps???
    07-22-07 08:25 PM
    Yes, however I believe AT&T has RIM block it in the software. You can add it back in my editing the LBS.alx file.
    07-23-07 12:28 AM
    BB site says its not supported on the at&t network but it accually is. Downloaded it today and it works fine. Thanks.
    07-23-07 08:04 PM
    At&t seems to say a lot of things are not supported when they in fact work fine. There was something else like this, but I forget. I guess it is better to advertise a device with fewer features and then the customers are excited when they find the added "bonus" features.
    07-23-07 08:55 PM
    I cannot install the newer (1.2.2) version of bb maps--even when installed, it doesn't show up in ANY of my icons, hidden or otherwise... however, I installed bb maps 1.1.32 OTA, and it works great, besides the fact that it REFUSES to work with my gps puck (google maps works great with the puck).
    07-25-07 01:37 PM
    I'm a new BB Curve user as of this week. I also have AT&T. Can someone walk me through the steps of installing the maps. I tried from the BB site and got no where fast.
    07-26-07 03:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD