I believe there are serious OS issues with the Tour. When I launch some apps I get a "out of memory" error while it states I have 68.5MB remaining. Even so, with the 20 apps I have loaded, there should be more than 68mb remaining.

Also, I have had 3 Tours reboot and come back with the 552 Error, Reload Software.

Anyone else having these issues? Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 01:53 PM
    Are you sure the app you're using is designed for the Tour?

I've not run into any memory issues or OS issues outside of the trackball being slow to respond when the device is "thinking".

i got about 10 apps and still usually maintain over a 100MB free of memory.
    08-11-09 02:13 PM
    Are you sure the app you're using is designed for the Tour?

I've not run into any memory issues or OS issues outside of the trackball being slow to respond when the device is "thinking".

i got about 10 apps and still usually maintain over a 100MB free of memory.
    Same here, have about 10+ apps and am @ about 106MB of free app memory and none of the issues you speak of (no 522 app errors or out of mem errors). Sounds like the applications you installed are either corrupt or were not designed for use on 4.7 OS (4.7.0.XXX or 4.7.1.XXX). What apps specifically are you having issues with?
    08-11-09 02:19 PM
    Update: i just plugged my Blackberry into my laptop and launched DM, it states there is 141.2MB of memory, however the device still states 68.5mb.

Everything I've downloaded with the exception of a few have been from App World. Here's my list and it doesn't seem to be any one specific app that doesn't launch, sometimes it changes. Odd

Google Mobile App
    Google Voice
    App World
    Opera
    Weather Bug
    Poynt
    Vlingo
    Crackberry Launcher
    Blackberry cool Launcher
    AP News
    Bloomberg Mobile
    Bank of America
    Yankees (link)
    Viigo
    YouMail
    Evernote
    AIM, Yahoo, Gtalk
    Facebook, MySpace
    Ubertwitter

Never had a problem with any of these apps on any of my other Berries.

Thanks for the input.
    08-11-09 05:05 PM
    I believe there are serious OS issues with the Tour. When I launch some apps I get a "out of memory" error while it states I have 68.5MB remaining. Even so, with the 20 apps I have loaded, there should be more than 68mb remaining.

Also, I have had 3 Tours reboot and come back with the 552 Error, Reload Software.

Anyone else having these issues? Thanks

I"m having the same issues. Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630. Works for about 2 days then I either get the out of memory errors followed by a Error 522 terminal crash (1st Blackberry). The second one vanished my MSN Messenger on the second day (right on schedule). During the reinstall it claimed it was replacing the invisible one. My memory showed it gained 916 KB and them promptly went into the reboot of death. I'm going back to renegotiate for another phone, again....
    08-12-09 09:06 AM
    I"m having the same issues. Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630. Works for about 2 days then I either get the out of memory errors followed by a Error 522 terminal crash (1st Blackberry). The second one vanished my MSN Messenger on the second day (right on schedule). During the reinstall it claimed it was replacing the invisible one. My memory showed it gained 916 KB and them promptly went into the reboot of death. I'm going back to renegotiate for another phone, again....
    Yeah I believe there are some major bugs. i think the phone is great however, I can't afford to be out of the road and it decides to die.

I will be exchanging.
    08-13-09 05:51 AM
    These errors could be app conflicts and do not sound like OS issues. Run your device "vanilla" for 24-48 hours with no third party apps installed and see how it works.

08-13-09 05:55 AM
    These errors could be app conflicts and do not sound like OS issues. Run your device "vanilla" for 24-48 hours with no third party apps installed and see how it works.

I would agree that it sounds like there are app conflicts. I know that some of the apps that I had on my previous BB can not run on my Tour. I have not had any of the error codes mentioned on my original Tour or my current Tour (trackball issues only).
    08-13-09 06:01 AM
    Update: i just plugged my Blackberry into my laptop and launched DM, it states there is 141.2MB of memory, however the device still states 68.5mb.

Everything I've downloaded with the exception of a few have been from App World. Here's my list and it doesn't seem to be any one specific app that doesn't launch, sometimes it changes. Odd

Google Mobile App
    Google Voice
    App World
    Opera
    Weather Bug
    Poynt
    Vlingo
    Crackberry Launcher
    Blackberry cool Launcher
    AP News
    Bloomberg Mobile
    Bank of America
    Yankees (link)
    Viigo
    YouMail
    Evernote
    AIM, Yahoo, Gtalk
    Facebook, MySpace
    Ubertwitter

Never had a problem with any of these apps on any of my other Berries.

Thanks for the input.

I think its the Yankkee's app thats doing it to your phone!!!
    08-13-09 09:42 AM
    I think its the Yankkee's app thats doing it to your phone!!!
    Easy does it!!! LOL
    08-13-09 10:11 AM
    Honestly I would do a wipe and reload the OS that's just weird. I'm running 117mb with apps installed and my phone runs fine other than the occasional lag which really isn't an issue but I'm also running the hybrid too but even the OS that came on the phone ran good.
    08-13-09 10:16 AM
    Honestly I would do a wipe and reload the OS that's just weird. I'm running 117mb with apps installed and my phone runs fine other than the occasional lag which really isn't an issue but I'm also running the hybrid too but even the OS that came on the phone ran good.
    Yeah I've done that a few time already using JLCommander. This is the third device to do this to me. After I reloaded the OS the other day, and reading on the forums to do a battery pull to see if the memory comes up, when the device rebooted I got the 552 error to reload software. At this point I'm afraid to pull the battery if that's going to keep happening.
    08-13-09 10:28 AM
    Has anyone found a fix for this yet? Or are we just stuck until the next OS update? So frustrating.

It's also so ironic that I bought the Tour for greater app memory, and here I am with out of memory errors.
    08-21-09 07:47 PM
    When you are on your home screen hold down the BB button and a menu should pop up. Scroll through and see how many applications are there. If they are on that menu then they are running. Close whatever you don't need running and try that. Might be a conflict of apps or might just be running too many at one time.

08-21-09 08:02 PM
    I have the same issues. I do run a lot of apps, but I'm pretty careful about only installing apps that SAY they are 9630 compatible. That said, I do think the 9630 must be very different from most of the other BB's. I have noticed some third party apps coming out with fixes specifically for the 9630. Also notice is is just about the only current BB product that does not have a 5.0 leak.
    08-21-09 08:03 PM
    Also notice is is just about the only current BB product that does not have a 5.0 leak.
    5.0 for the 8330 leaked? Got a link?
    08-21-09 08:17 PM
    Might want to experiment by uninstalling AP News or Viigo. I have read that some people think they can cause mem problems.

08-21-09 08:21 PM
    Might want to experiment by uninstalling AP News or Viigo. I have read that some people think they can cause mem problems.

I deleted Viigo and what do you know; I can install and run apps again. This makes me sad because I love using Viigo. I'll hold off judgment and see if the errors come back for now though. Thanks for the suggestion.

08-22-09 01:02 AM
    I deleted Viigo and what do you know; I can install and run apps again. This makes me sad because I love using Viigo. I'll hold off judgment and see if the errors come back for now though. Thanks for the suggestion.
    You're welcome. There may be settings you can use to get Viigo running and not hog memory. It's very configurable. Check out the App discussion on Crackberry.

08-22-09 08:20 AM
    5.0 for the 8330 leaked? Got a link?
    From what I understand the 83** series and 81** series are not getting the 5.0 upgrade. Only 4.6 devices and above. If it does in fact get that OS it will be way after the other devices are all working properly. So that probably explains why there is not 8330 leak.
    08-22-09 10:37 AM
    i am also having some serious issues... the same as sammy B. most of the same apps. i have had the device replaced 3 times, and 4 times in the last week when either trying to update the BB app world or another app i get the reboot screen of death so now i think i have finally discovered the issue. the last time i reinstalled the firmware i went in and a few apps gave me the out of memory error. so i uninstalled all of them and then when i came to opera mini i uninstalled it and it prompted for a reboot so of course i clicked reboot now. and once again boot screen of death. so upon the 5 time of reloading the firmware, i chose to not download and install opera mini and viola. works like a charm.

after this "discovery" i went to the opera mini website and looked at what devices are supported and it goes no higher than the 8300 series. i am confident that it was an app conflict and upon uninstalling certain 3rd party apps, they conflict with the OS and basically uninstall certain necessary elements of the firmware rendering it useless upon reboot. hope this heped at all...
    10-10-09 11:20 AM
    today i've had 4 apps do this to me. google maps, google app, promaji, and start me up. all of these apps are supposed to work with os 4.7 but all of them give me the outofmemory error. what's going on?
    10-23-09 10:48 PM
    I am not exactly how I figured this out but I was geting this error after installing a few apps. I went into the security settings and you have to change all the apps from custom to allow that are giving you the issue and it slved my issue. Programs causing the issue for me wer colorid, where and Kisses(nice little app to locate running processes). Just an FYI.
    10-30-09 09:29 PM
    I have had my Tour since the day it was released at VZW. I got my first "reload software" error after a routine reboot a couple weeks ago, I reinstalled the software and it has been laggy with OOM errors since. I didn;t think until I read this thread, about the apps screwing things up.
    I just deleted Where, Berry tunes, Viigo, AOL IM, Traffic, and a few other. I just "alt-shift- delete" to reboot. We'll see!
    Just sucks to have a nice phone and have trouble loading useful apps.
    11-17-09 02:25 PM
    This is a recurring problem, for quite a few Tour owners. I've had the Error 552 message three times doing pretty routine stuff. Each time, I had to start afresh, and reload the OS. I think the proper attitude to this is a recognition that OS 4.7 has serious issues. Once you start getting the 'verification' errors or the 'outofmemory' errors, it really doesn't matter what kind of application you are trying to download. At least, it never mattered for me; the phone would no longer download any apps, and I had over 80MB of memory to work with. Any application could bring the error message up. I would urge patience until OS 5.0 makes its debut. In the meantime, I think all Tour owners should master the art of bringing a bricked phone back to life. Now, I just shrug my shoulders when I get the Error 552 message, and reload the OS. If you are not sure how to do this, search under the 'Blackberry 101' forum, under the title captioned 'How to restore a bricked Blackberry' or something like that. That will show you everything you need to know about restoring yout OS after you get that fatal error message. In fact, I don't even wait for Error 552 to reload my OS anymore. Once I start getting those doggoned 'verification error' or 'outofmemory error' messages, I know its time to wipe and reload the OS.

In the meantime, I am experimenting with the OS 5.0.0.230 leaked OS. If you are interested in these leaked, unofficial OS, check out the forums for information on how to download them. Bon chance...
    Last edited by Barredbard; 11-17-09 at 04:36 PM.
    11-17-09 04:33 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD