I was searching through google for a TV application that allows you to watch live TV on the Storm because I haven't been able to find anything that actually works properly yet. I came across this youtube video of a Storm clone called CECT Storm.
    I guess it is for sale in the UK somewhere but watching the video made me ask the question, How does this Storm knock of perform many more functions than my Storm does and it seems do them better with less issues and flaws. It made me want to buy an unlocked CECT and try to run it on the Verizon network. Any thoughts? Would this thing even work on Verizon?

The video is about 8 minutes or so and for the first 2 minutes the guy is just showing you what the phone looks like on the outside before he even turns it on.

08-11-09 10:21 AM
    Bump Please...
    08-11-09 10:28 AM
    Bump Please...
    Try mobi.tv?
    08-11-09 10:58 AM
    Mobi TV only works on the Blackberry Pearl sadly.
    But still, did you watch the video? How does that knock off do more than the BB Storm and it seems to perform the jobs seamlessly when the Storm has a hard time?
    08-11-09 11:07 AM
    It's not even a blackberry. It's fake. It will not run on Verizon either, since it uses GSM technology.
    08-11-09 11:10 AM
    It's not even a blackberry. It's fake. It will not run on Verizon either, since it uses GSM technology.
    I know its not a blackberry. I said it was a knock off in the OP.
    08-11-09 11:29 AM
    Every phone runs smooth in the demo video

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 01:46 PM
    Every phone runs smooth in the demo video

I guess thats one way of looking at it.
    08-11-09 01:59 PM
    as it was stated above, the CECT GSM phone will NOT work on verizons network.
    08-11-09 03:18 PM
    This phone is nothing like a Storm except for its look. You cannot compare it to the Storm in any way or ask why the Storm can't do all of that crap. And honestly, the TV is the only cool thing I saw on that phone. I don't want to handwrite on my phone, I could get a PDA if I wanted that, and I would destroy anyone trying to beat me in speed with handwriting input vs. suretype. I don't need two freaking sim cards because I don't have two networks with different phone numbers. Also I don't want a 1MP camera, I have way better than that. I didn't see the phone in the video act any faster than my own. Finally, no cell carrier is going to provide any help getting you started or connected on an unsupported device like that. Have you seen anyone in the US ever using that phone? They could, because it's GSM technology, but of course you do not because it has completely impractical features and is not nearly robust enough to be anyone's day-to-day phone. Hopefully that answers all your questions.
    Last edited by jlawler4; 08-11-09 at 03:33 PM.
    08-11-09 03:26 PM
    This phone is nothing like a Storm except for its look. You cannot compare it to the Storm in any way or ask why the Storm can't do all of that crap. And honestly, the TV is the only cool thing I saw on that phone. I don't want to handwrite on my phone, I could get a PDA if I wanted that, and I would destroy anyone trying to beat me in speed with handwriting input vs. suretype. I don't need two freaking sim cards because I don't have two networks with different phone numbers. Also I don't want a 1MP camera, I have way better than that. I didn't see the phone in the video act any faster than my own. Finally, no cell carrier is going to provide any help getting you started or connected on an unsupported device like that. Have you seen anyone in the US ever using that phone? They could, because it's GSM technology, but of course you do not because it has completely impractical features and is not nearly robust enough to be anyone's day-to-day phone. Hopefully that answers all your questions.
    Yeah I finally went to the website and saw that it only works on GSM networks. Personally having the option to handwrite would be lame but that isnt the only way to input text into the phone, its just an option you would have. I also dont care about the two different sim cards.
    I am running .151 and still get the spinning clock throughout the day. The Cect didnt seem to have any sluggishness or spinning clock slowing it down from what I can tell. I dont see how its features are impractical for a day to day phone. Honestly like I said originally I was searching for a way to watch TV on my Storm and sadly I havent found anything that is Storm compatible. I liked how it had a built in TV Tuner to watch TV on the fly and also the ability to watch TV and movies in landscape and portrait mode which the Storm can not. Even the media player looked liked it performed better than the storms...
    I'm not selling the d amn thing, I was just looking around and found the video and thought I would share it. In my opinion the phone seems to run smoother than MY storm with less issues or slugishness...
    08-11-09 04:02 PM
    Im so glad you typed that out. I didnt really want to . Thanks!
    08-11-09 04:35 PM
    Take your storm back or wipe and reinstall .151 I don't get the spinning clock almost ever not sence .75 if your seeing it often something is wrong. And in the us tv has gone digital so if its an analog tv tuner you can't use it in the us.

08-11-09 05:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD