My blushing bride of 25 years is really wanting a new phone. Ney, she wants a Storm. I am also wanting a new one to replace my somewhat blemished Storm. Trouble is we are aware of the Storm II rumors and would like to wait for it.

Wadda'ya think, should we wait or go for it now?

jrohland
    08-11-09 06:41 AM
    i did talk to a rep last nite and she said that she got one hands and said it will be worth the wait . so i would wait on it it will be released on black friday
    08-11-09 07:20 AM
    i did talk to a rep last nite and she said that she got one hands and said it will be worth the wait . so i would wait on it it will be released on black friday
    Black Friday eh? Interesting. I kinda doubt they know when it will be released. I further doubt that a VZW rep would know that, unless you have that from a dif source. I am sure that they would love to release it on black friday, but it reallly depends on it passing testing.

I have told several people to wait unless they need a phone now. Why get version 1 if version 2 will be available in a few months?

Again it depends on your situation, but if you are not in a rush then wait.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 04:21 PM
    You know what im waiting on?

The Zune HD, thats what...looks so damn amazing it makes me wonder with Microsoft putting out something so awesome (other than Xbox) RIM can do it too -.-

Oh and waiting on that s2 as well, cause my current Storm has a crack in the screen lol
    08-11-09 05:26 PM
    Definatly wait for the S2, theres nothing wrong with the storm but the s2 will be sooo much better!
    08-11-09 06:09 PM
    I love how everyone thinks its gonna be so much better boy are you all gonna be disapointed. Have any of you seen the vids or read the specks? Its just a revision of s1 same cam lil more mem but its the same phone only exciting to those that didn't get storm 1 other than that they arnt changeing anything. Oh yeah and touch bouttons not physical ones. But no magic os no 10 mp cam no snapdragon prosser just storm 1.5 sorry all.

08-11-09 06:26 PM
    Don't get too excited. Sure the Storm2 will be better than the Storm, but it ain't gonna pick up your dog's duty or kiss you in the morning. After 6 months, owners of the Storm 2 will become bored with it, as newer and better phones come out. In an instant gratification world, the shine wears off in a hurry.
    08-11-09 06:43 PM
    Yup with the new samsung and htc phones coming if rim just keeps putting out 500 different verisons of pretty much the same hardware there gonna be in trouble cuz there's some cool ish coming and I haven't seen or heard of anything inovative coming from rim. The storm is the storm 2 is the bold is the tour is the 8900 all the same ****.

08-11-09 06:56 PM
    I love how everyone thinks its gonna be so much better boy are you all gonna be disapointed. Have any of you seen the vids or read the specks? Its just a revision of s1 same cam lil more mem but its the same phone only exciting to those that didn't get storm 1 other than that they arnt changeing anything. Oh yeah and touch bouttons not physical ones. But no magic os no 10 mp cam no snapdragon prosser just storm 1.5 sorry all.

Yeah okkkk sure..thats why the s2 will have 5.0 on platform 4.3 and will have wifi. Also the sceen not clicking will be a big plus. The phone looks a thousand times better also. Dont get me wrong I love my storm but I will get the s2 right away.
    08-11-09 07:02 PM
    First of all the screen does click, and secondly im pretty sure i heard someone say the S2 is sporting 256 MB of RAM so...whats up?

Wanna talk about minor revisions, look at the boys in Cupertino for a good description of that
    08-11-09 07:38 PM
    First of all the screen does click, and secondly im pretty sure i heard someone say the S2 is sporting 256 MB of RAM so...whats up?

Wanna talk about minor revisions, look at the boys in Cupertino for a good description of that
    But apple makes their minor revisions sound so cool! Ha well I think its funny that the iphones os would still take up all of that memory.

08-11-09 07:49 PM
    vzw MIGHT get a storm 2 to test sometime soon, but it might be months before it's available, idk what to suggest, it's your decision
    08-11-09 08:54 PM
    I went into verizon and asked when the storm 2 is coming....they don't know. I will get a storm 2 next summer when RIM says it will have a browser like apple's safari, AND the ram is severely increased. Until then, the storm and I are hanging. Oh what a long year it's going to be with the storm.....for some reason I don't mind.....even if the storm 2 shows up in November.
    08-11-09 09:32 PM
    I would say go for the Storm now. What if, after all the time you wait for the Storm II, you and your wife (and the rest of us waiting in anticipation, for that matter) discover that the rumors keeping your decision in limbo were just that? Rumors.

The Storm is still a fantastic device, IMO. But, if you're willing to wait it out and take the gamble, more power to you. For the record, I'm in limbo myself... can't decide between the Tour and the Storm, and I won't wait for the Storm II to hit shelves, *especially* since my upgrade eligibility day is 8/15!
    08-11-09 09:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD