Can anyone help me with my school email? This is my first blackberry and I cannot figure it out, and I have read everywhere. I am on verizon with a tour. Thanks for any help!

Danielle
    08-10-09 04:42 PM
    Can anyone help me with my school email? This is my first blackberry and I cannot figure it out, and I have read everywhere. I am on verizon with a tour. Thanks for any help!

Danielle
    Does your school use Microsoft Exchange? If it does, you have to set up your email using the Outlook Web Access option.
    08-10-09 05:14 PM
    You can always talk to the schools IT department. They should be able to tell you all the settings you need.
    08-10-09 05:16 PM
    Setting up a school email account can be very difficult...
    08-10-09 05:20 PM
    I would suggest talking to your school and asking them for the information. You should be able to set it up through the BIS account, if they're willing to give you all the information that you need.

If not, like someone else said, you chould forward all your email to a gmail account, then set up that gmail account on your BIS account which will then go to your phone. I'm not too sure if you'd want to do that unless you start / try to change the settings because forwarding to the gmail account may have responses as "[email protected]" rather than your schools email address.
    08-10-09 05:22 PM
    Looking on your school IT website would be best. A lot of schools have transfered to the Gmail educational product or Live@edu.

If you have the Gmail edu email, just set up your account with BIS as a gmail account, but for your user name it would be your .edu email address ([email protected], make sure you type in the @schoolname.edu), and your password is your normal password.

In Gmail preferences, you'll want to enable IMAP.
    08-10-09 06:52 PM
    I agree that school email accounts can be difficult.

For some reason or another, your school might block external access.

Can you get to it from Yahoo, Google, MSN/Hotmail/Live, or another outside email service? Does it have "webmail" access?
    08-10-09 07:54 PM
    my gf always has to get verizon to go something with her service books to get the email working, not sure what it is but it works somehow
    08-10-09 08:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD