I have had my curve about two weeks and it is now a little slow sometimes with sms and mms with both sending and when looking in the inbox there is a lag? I have it set to erase messages every 15 days and I am a fairly heavy texter....how many texts can the phone hold before it gets slow?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-09 03:32 PM
    Check your file free memory and post back.

Options/Status.

08-10-09 03:37 PM
    Also try a battery pull.

With your BB on take the battery out for about 30 seconds and put it back in.

08-10-09 03:39 PM
    32455548 bytes? So should it be okay? And it seems to be worse after I send a mms. And it takes forever to send a mms

08-10-09 07:07 PM
    32455548 bytes? So should it be okay? And it seems to be worse after I send a mms. And it takes forever to send a mms

I'd bet if you are as heavy a texter as you say and your blackberry only deletes messages after 15 days, you could still have a substantial amount of messages stored on your phone. If they're MMS too, that's going to slow things down quite a bit. I'd recommend setting your mailbox to delete messages more frequently, or at the very least make an effort yourself to clean it out every 4-5 days.
    Just for curiosity's sake, try erasing all the messages in your inbox (back up your phone first if you want to save them), pull the battery and see if the phone's running any smoother afterward.
    08-10-09 07:23 PM
    how do you set it to delete more frequently? Only will let me do it no less than 15 days? and how do you manually delete the messages without deleting one at a time?

08-10-09 07:42 PM
    how do you set it to delete more frequently? Only will let me do it no less than 15 days? and how do you manually delete the messages without deleting one at a time?

Agree that's it's the amount of messages slowing you up.

15 days is the most frequent setting...wish it went down to one, but 15 will have to do.

Highlight a date bar, hit the bb button and select "Delete Prior".
    08-10-09 07:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD