BTW, they were successful after about 75 minutes on the phone (60 with T-Mobile and 15 with RIM)...here goes...[I will post the "solution" at the end of the thread]

Yesterday, I called T-Mobile because my phone number was coming up as "restricted" or "unknown" on other people's cell phones and certain companies will not accept phone calls from "unknown" numbers. So the lady did something (I don't remember), but she said the problem was taken care of and the phone number would now come up.

After that, I tried someone else. I got a fast busy tone. I tried calling someone else, fast busy tone. Tried calling several other people, fast busy tone.

I sent a text to my wife. She responded and I received it. I asked her to call me, she did, I was able to take the call.

I sent messages over blackberry messenger, successfully. I received them over blackberry messenger.

I was able to go to different sites on the internet.

For several hours I tried making phone calls, fast busy tone. Ugh.

I took the battery out several times, no luck. They refreshed the phone network several times, no luck. They checked the local area for outages, no luck.

I took my SIM card out of my phone and put it in my wife's (Razr), I could make phone calls. I put her SIM card in my phone, I could make phone calls.

I put my SIM card back in my phone, fast busy tone.

What do you think??

(Somehow, when I went to phone options and then general options, the restrict my identity was selected as "always" and they said that that was the problem. I don't know how that got selected or turned on, but it is finally fixed.)

It took about 6 hours of frustration and 75 minutes of tech support. Thought you might like hearing that story.

P.S. T-Mobile didn't do anything to help, it was the RIM tech support. So thank you RIM!!
    04-10-08 01:22 PM
    wow that sucks lol
    04-10-08 01:23 PM
    Somehow, when I went to phone options and then general options, the restrict my identity was selected as "always" and they said that that was the problem. I don't know how that got selected or turned on, but it is finally fixed.
    That's what I was thinking could be the problem as I read your post.
    04-10-08 01:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD