depending on where im at my storm will work differently if im in a cool room it works fast and picks up my finger prints,in a hot environment it wont where as when its raining and its cool and wet the screen will do as it would in a warm environ and go wild when i try to type or stay to the far side of the screen. complete opposite in warm and wet,its like its cool and fine. like i said,your gonna think im crazy it just bugs me the storm picks up temperature changes like that.if im the same temp as the room the touch screen will refuse to work properly is all im saying here. it bugs me if i have to move alot sometimes if i have to move alot,especially when working. here is a question though...is there an app besides vilingo that will type and access with voice.it would make work and life alot easier.
    08-09-09 10:54 PM
    Yea u are absolutely right amd I completely agree with your post.... U are insane lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 11:16 PM
    I'm thinking it is in ur head

08-09-09 11:29 PM
    you're absolutely right .. thats why i love vlingo. I don't think there is a better app. i think MYCaption works too. but vlingo is best
    08-09-09 11:43 PM
    insane no. A little coocoo yes
    08-10-09 12:21 AM
    This is all due to the internal thermometer sphinctomemography device. When activated, it will detect changes in the environment. It can also tell if you've been bad or good, so be good for goodness sake.

Just kidding, but this thread was funny!
    08-10-09 12:26 AM
    I never have problems except when my fingers are a little sweety I can't type as good, but I expect that.

08-10-09 01:05 AM
    This is all due to the internal thermometer sphinctomemography device. When activated, it will detect changes in the environment. It can also tell if you've been bad or good, so be good for goodness sake.

Just kidding, but this thread was funny!
    I think you spelled it wrong. It should be sphinctomograpy
    08-10-09 01:25 AM
    There is a very small hint of truth to that insanity bit! LOL!
    08-10-09 01:28 AM
    Have you brought your phone to a service center? I've had the same problem with a different phone model and it turned out there was something wrong with the phone.

I don't think your crazy. I think your just being carefull with your phone.
    08-10-09 01:43 AM
    I'm typing this fine right now and its 91 with about 76 humidity.. And I'm still on my first storm. Haha

08-10-09 08:24 AM
    I'm coocoo for cocopuffs!
    08-10-09 08:34 AM
    or perhaps CoooookieCrisps!
    Last edited by sparhawke2000; 08-10-09 at 09:02 AM.
    08-10-09 08:54 AM
    idk why you guys think hes crazy because I had the same exact problem. it drives me insane
    08-10-09 11:34 AM
    This one time at band camp there was a bear and a BB Storm...........
    08-10-09 11:38 AM
    This has been said many times. In heat storm has problems

08-10-09 11:44 AM
    you need some psychiatric evaluation test carried out.
    08-10-09 11:48 AM
    I have also had this same problem. kinda annoying.
    08-10-09 12:04 PM
    Dang some of you guys are taking this alittle toooo far haha.

i have the same problem in heated situations...(thats what she said haha) but it the touch screen really acts up with using the phone while charging in a hot environment as the battery heats up i've had my phone go nuts. like it thought i was touching it and it start scrolling up and down and selecting different things. i have it on video i'll try and post it.
    08-10-09 07:10 PM
    Yea it is a bit harsh, but how can a little earthly humidity or a hot summer day make your phone act like it has a different hardware configuration. Typically, when a device gets to hot it will shut down to prevent damage. I would guess that the device is defective. I have a hard time finding storm failures do to day temps and humidity. But anything is possible I suppose. post that vid Mr. Allanberry, it would be interesting to watch
    08-10-09 07:24 PM
    It sounds like you have the Old Man Storm. It can tell the weather just by pressing the screen.
    08-10-09 07:53 PM
    on my other storm, when my fingers where sweaty, the keys would also go crazy.. I would click one letter or icon, and a completely different letter or icon would be hit.. I would try so hard to leave my finger there and focus it, making sure it wasn't user error but alas, its the sweaty fingers causing the problem.

After I got my new Storm, I havent noticed it yet.. But we will see.. I can't imagine it being any different...
    08-11-09 08:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD