Ok, let me start out by saying sorry for the long post . I'm working on storm #4 since May! My 1st 2 phones would show up in my computer as J & K drives. The 3rd was replaced because of this issue (after 1 hour on the phone w/ vz support & 2 hours w/ RIM) & the latest replacement still doesn't work. When I plug the phone in to any of 4 open usb ports on my pc it's instantly recognized by the device manager, and seen in BB desktop manager, but neither the device or the sd card can be seen in my computer. Mass storage is enabled & I have another storm in the family that works? Pulled the battery 158,000 times & uninstalled/reinstalled DM a few dozen times.
    Currently running 151. Previous phone had offical 148 loaded right out of the box from vz.
    PC specs: Windows XP media version 2002, SP3. It's also been tested on my vista media powered laptop with no luck. Any advice will be appreciated!!
    08-09-09 09:59 PM
    if its a documented issue with tech support than they should be able to get you a different one. Sounds like a bad port on the BB.
    08-10-09 01:03 AM
    That's the only thing I could think of, but what are the odds of getting 2 of them back to back like that? I figured it might just be a bug in the newer phones. Did a search on here & couldn't find any fixes. I really don't want to spend another 3 hours on the phone with tech trying to get a replacement that hopefully works this time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-09 04:34 AM
    most problems are little things that u forget to do first of make sure ur SD card is in your phone and yea im not saying ur stupid just that ur human. next reinstall ur phone drivers (off the cd that came with it) and lastly check what the phone says when u connect it. hope this helps otherwise its the phone...
    08-10-09 04:56 AM
    I don't think it is a bad port on your BB, or it would not give a notification when you connect to your computer. I've seen this before, I believe there is a program on pinstick.com to fix this.

08-10-09 05:15 AM
    The sd card has been pulled out of my phone, reformatted, & installed in another storm & a tour. It worked in both phones. I've also reformatted my pc hd & reinstalled windows since this problem has been occurring.
    Thanks Bud, but pinstick.com is coming up as an open domain.
    08-10-09 06:05 AM
    08-10-09 06:26 AM
    Thanks areteagee i'll try that as soon as I get home!

08-10-09 07:53 AM
    I edited the title a bit, also if someone has the actual pinstack link to the solution please feel free to post it. Or better yet if there is a CB link post that.
    08-10-09 08:02 AM
    Worked like a champ! Thanks again!
    08-10-09 04:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD