My mom recently got a new phone, but she is having problems with it. People say she sounds muffled when she talks on the phone, gets static, dropped calls, etc. She went to the Verizon store by us and waited in line for a half hour. There, the rep told her that because a small plastic piece was missing from the phone (despite it not having a scratch on it and it falling off within the first few days without the phone being dropped), the phone could not be replaced for a new one or a different model, despite being within the 30 day period. However, she found the piece and put it back on the phone, and the phone looks absolutely perfect. Can VZW deny her a new or different phone now that the phone shows no sign of physical damage? Is it on file that she came to service her phone, but apparently customer-induced physical damage was on the phone the first time she brought it to the store for service?
    08-09-09 09:39 PM
    What small plastic piece? If it's the charging port cover, that's no reason not to reace a phone having call quality issues. Take it back, and if they say no again, ask for a manager.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 09:57 PM
    Like a bit of the casing on the hinge. It wasn't broken or anything, it just popped off, but it fit back in fine. My mom complained to a manager, but to no avail...
    08-09-09 09:59 PM
    do an ota (*228 then opt. 1) that will up date your single and calls. if that does not work call vzw tech at 1800-922-0204 opt 3
    08-09-09 10:10 PM
    do an ota (*228 then opt. 1) that will up date your single and calls. if that does not work call vzw tech at 1800-922-0204 opt 3
    HAHAHAHA!!! CLASSIC!!

"My phone hasn't been charging" - customer

"Have you tried *228 lately" - cs/tech rep that has no idea how to perform his/her job

*228 does absolutely NOTHING if you aren't being heard well. Not to mention option 1 is to program your phone and not to update your PRL. However either option will do nothing for your voice quality.

You *228 nuts are the reason behind implementing FCR (first call resolution).
    08-09-09 10:25 PM
    HAHAHAHA!!! CLASSIC!!

"My phone hasn't been charging" - customer

"Have you tried *228 lately" - cs/tech rep that has no idea how to perform his/her job

*228 does absolutely NOTHING if you aren't being heard well. Not to mention option 1 is to program your phone and not to update your PRL. However either option will do nothing for your voice quality.

You *228 nuts are the reason behind implementing FCR (first call resolution).
    my 2nd favorite is when you say "the USB connection port is broken and it won't charge" and they respond with "have you tried to reload the OS" .... how can i reload the OS if it won't keep a connection long enough to start to pull a charge.
    08-09-09 10:33 PM
    opt 1 is to update you phone, and it has nothing to do with battery life it is for call performance****
    08-09-09 10:36 PM
    My mom did that. Didn't help, sorry.
    08-09-09 10:42 PM
    Check where the mic is on the phone. (If you have the model number we might be able to point it out for you.) Make sure there's no debris or anything stuck inside.

Also, are you using any sort of headset?
    08-10-09 12:54 AM
    Check where the mic is on the phone. (If you have the model number we might be able to point it out for you.) Make sure there's no debris or anything stuck inside.

Also, are you using any sort of headset?
    Yes and yes. And for you guys ragging on about *228 and it not being appllicable, I beg to differ. The OP did mention dropped calls, so OPT 2 might be of some assistance, just not for the muffled voice or static.

If nothing is in the mic port, it could be a defective or damaged phone.
    08-10-09 02:47 AM
    I LOVE threads like this Let the flame wars begin!
    08-10-09 02:49 AM
    Updating the PRL might help if its a signal strength issue, occasionally PRL updates can increase call quality, but typically for problems like these won't be solved by a PRL update, or even a new phone.

As for the OPs question, store reps are supposed to note every account, but who knows if they did.
    08-10-09 06:27 AM
    *228 opt 2 does update your PRL i.d. as does *228 opt 1, option 1 just gives you the ability to program your phone if getting a new one as well, and a muffled sound can mean a assortment of things, none of which you will get answered by asking people in a forum that can not see your account, or anythnig going on in your account... like, where your at...your MIN/MTN, your PRL id, any of that. Call 1-800-922-0204 as previously said and speak with someone who can see your accuont and whats going on in yuor individual account.
    08-10-09 07:25 AM
    Like a bit of the casing on the hinge. It wasn't broken or anything, it just popped off, but it fit back in fine. My mom complained to a manager, but to no avail...
    UNfortunately the phone has to be in like new condition, if a piece of the casing is off the phone, that is definitely physical damage. Those things cant just fall off by themselves.
    08-10-09 07:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD