View Poll Results: Is the Tour worth Verizon's full retail price of $489.99?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

43 47.25%
  • No

48 52.75%
    I was just wondering if you Tour owners think the Tour is worth paying Verizon's $489.99 full price for? I would get it a lil cheaper from ebay or somewhere, but I wouldnt be able to have it under Verizon's insurance if I went that route (i dont think ) so im considering payin the full retail fee for the lil addition.

Worth it or not? Feel free to leave comments but be sure to vote in the poll as well.
    08-09-09 05:28 PM
    It all depends on what your current device is and if your unsatisfied with it. If your going to upgrade from a Curve I would say its not worth it. If your coming from winmo, definitely do it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 05:44 PM
    I paid full retail and for me it was definitely worth it. No more buggy Storm, and no more outdated Curve.

And as you noted it would be worth buying from Verizon vs buying it on ebay so that way if somethin happens to it or something is wrong with it they'll exchange it for you. I haven't had any of the problems other users might have had but that doesn't mean they don't exist. So take whatever precautions you can.

08-09-09 05:54 PM
    I love my Tour, but I don't think any phone is worth paying $500... just my opinion.
    08-09-09 06:00 PM
    It all depends on what your current device is and if your unsatisfied with it. If your going to upgrade from a Curve I would say its not worth it. If your coming from winmo, definitely do it!

I've had the Storm since January and I love it (despite getting 2 defective replacements already), but every once in a while I really miss the hardware keyboard. I dont plan on doin away with my Storm if I get the Tour, I actually plan on using em both off and on. Whenever I really miss the Storm's large screen i'll activate the Storm for a few weeks or so; and everytime I miss the hardware keyboard i'll activate the Tour.

I wasnt too sure about the Tour at first (the phone looked and felt so small as a Verizon display device). Finally chilled with one of my friends who has it lastnight, and I fell in love. Its nowhere near as small as what I thought, and I love the keyboard and also the way the keys light up at night. lol. Perfect Berry to add to the collection!
    08-09-09 06:00 PM
    It is worth it. If you keep asking different people at VZW I bet you can find someone who will sell it to you at the one year price. I wasn't eligible and was all prepared to pay full price. I had to ask several different people at VZW, but 3rd person gave me the 1 year price. Be persistent - try to talk to people on the phone and the store. It is worth it to save $200!
    08-09-09 06:01 PM
    I paid full price for my Tour since I wasn't due for an upgrade and to me it was totally worth it, I don't regret it at all!!! I got it on launch day and I am one of the lucky ones that have had no issues (besides the slightly loose backcover) since I got it!
    08-09-09 06:01 PM
    personally, i would NEVER spend that much money on a cell phone. thats fuccing stupid. i had a hard time paying the "intro" price for mine but it was just a little more than the actual phone i wanted. think about it...i could find a million things to spend over $500 dollars on other than a phone.
    08-09-09 06:02 PM
    Just seen one for $400 in marketplace.
    08-09-09 06:06 PM
    personally, i would NEVER spend that much money on a cell phone. thats fuccing stupid. i had a hard time paying the "intro" price for mine but it was just a little more than the actual phone i wanted. think about it...i could find a million things to spend over $500 dollars on other than a phone.
    I sold my 8330m curve for $200 and got my $100 rebate from my daughter's Pre the same week the Tour was released so in all I only paid the $199 price everyone else did but without the extended contract!
    08-09-09 06:06 PM
    mmm. Cell phone technology is a passion of mine tho, so I wouldn't be left with buyers remorse for the reason of there being "a million things to spend over $500 on other than a phone."
    08-09-09 06:07 PM
    It is worth it. If you keep asking different people at VZW I bet you can find someone who will sell it to you at the one year price. I wasn't eligible and was all prepared to pay full price. I had to ask several different people at VZW, but 3rd person gave me the 1 year price. Be persistent - try to talk to people on the phone and the store. It is worth it to save $200!
    HA! I never once thought of this (this is why I love Crackberry, lol). So how did that work exactly? They sold it to you full retail, but just charged you at the 1 year price, or did you extend ur contract 1 extra year???
    08-09-09 06:17 PM
    Absolutely worth retail. It's a great device, even with the minor bugs.

08-09-09 06:21 PM
    I bought 3 at full retail... yea, I have a problem.
    08-09-09 06:26 PM
    $489 is nothing compared to what retail is here in Montreal with bell mobility. How about $699. Yep that is Bell's retail price or $599 with Telus.
    Crazy

08-09-09 06:26 PM
    $489 is nothing compared to what retail is here in Montreal with bell mobility. How about $699. Yep that is Bell's retail price or $599 with Telus.
    Crazy

$699????

That $200 makes a huge difference as far as my temptations go. I think i've finally benefited from being American.
    08-09-09 06:30 PM
    mmm. Cell phone technology is a passion of mine tho, so I wouldn't be left with buyers remorse for the reason of there being "a million things to spend over $500 on other than a phone."
    See that's different then. I'm a huge motorcycle guy so me spending $500 on something for that (or even my truck) people could say "that's stupid, I'd rather spend it on a phone." To each their own and if it's your hobby then buy 2 dem bitches!
    08-09-09 06:31 PM
    See that's different then. I'm a huge motorcycle guy so me spending $500 on something for that (or even my truck) people could say "that's stupid, I'd rather spend it on a phone." To each their own and if it's your hobby then buy 2 dem bitches!
    haha. Ditto!
    08-09-09 06:34 PM
    yes it's worth the retail price..totally..i had my storm since last nov, everything was fine, except the lack of memory. i used to hv to do my battery pull several times a day in order to free up the momery space.

when tour came out, i just bought it straight out (al u folkes in the states should fell lucky, since our canadian retail price is 700cdn+12% tax)

it's a lil pricey no doubt, but it's got fast processor, bgger ram (100mb memory space for ur apps) faster internet ( i hv no idea, y it's got faster internet than storm, since they r both 3g cdma bb, it just is)

Overall, it's totaly a wicked phone. i call that a cdma bold, but only 1000 times better..^^
    08-09-09 06:41 PM
    yes it's worth the retail price..totally..i had my storm since last nov, everything was fine, except the lack of memory. i used to hv to do my battery pull several times a day in order to free up the momery space.

when tour came out, i just bought it straight out (al u folkes in the states should fell lucky, since our canadian retail price is 700cdn+12% tax)

it's a lil pricey no doubt, but it's got fast processor, bgger ram (100mb memory space for ur apps) faster internet ( i hv no idea, y it's got faster internet than storm, since they r both 3g cdma bb, it just is)

Overall, it's totaly a wicked phone. i call that a cdma bold, but only 1000 times better..^^
    yea i'd LOVE to get my hands on all that app memory available on the Tour. My Storm app memory has been my biggest issue as of late.
    08-09-09 06:51 PM
    yea i'd LOVE to get my hands on all that app memory available on the Tour. My Storm app memory has been my biggest issue as of late.
    Totally 38mb memory is totally a joke...get ur upgrade today, u will not b disappointed

08-09-09 07:25 PM
    I luv my Tour but with all the nagging issues, it isn't worth $500 bucks. For that price make sure your door fits properly, no issues with your trackball, camera and OS is up to par and the list goes on (take in account cheap labor), heck naww the Tour isn't worth no $500 bucks.

But I luv my Tour regardless of the price, just make sure you get what you pay for, or pay for what you get.

08-09-09 09:38 PM
    I luv my Tour but with all the nagging issues, it isn't worth $500 bucks. For that price make sure your door fits properly, no issues with your trackball, camera and OS is up to par and the list goes on (take in account cheap labor), heck naww the Tour isn't worth no $500 bucks.

But I luv my Tour regardless of the price, just make sure you get what you pay for, or pay for what you get.

I notice some ppl have these issues and others don't (a world i'm very familiar with as a 7 month Storm owner). I wouldnt get it w/o adding Verizon's insurance...so if I have any major issues i'll just keep returning it til I get what I paid for.
    08-09-09 10:05 PM
    It's worth it. I paid full retail on launch day and I haven't had one regret. I love the Tour.
    08-09-09 10:30 PM
    HA! I never once thought of this (this is why I love Crackberry, lol). So how did that work exactly? They sold it to you full retail, but just charged you at the 1 year price, or did you extend ur contract 1 extra year???
    No they just kept me under my current contract. They offer the 1 year price to a lot of loyal VZW customers who were not eligible for any upgrade.
    08-09-09 10:34 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD