Last night my BB was sumerged in a cup of beer (concert) maybe 5-10 minutes, not sure I've read the Q&A about the dry rice. my question is how much rice? just a little or complertely cover the phone? Also does anyone know if BB's survive other liquid damage other than water?
    08-09-09 12:59 PM
    My first blackberry the pearl took a full ride in the washer one time. I removed the battery threw it in a sandwich bag full of rice for a day and a half and after that stuck the battery back in and we were ready for buissness. So yea submerge it in rice wait about 2 days and with luck it should fire up nice

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 01:06 PM
    ... and if not you have a nice blackberry and rice casserole.

Submerge it in rice and hopefully you pulled the battery kinda quick.
    08-09-09 04:31 PM
    My bb 8330 fell out my pocket one day while running to the front door in the rain.. It sat out there all night in the rain.. All I did was remove the battery and let it sit in front on the fan for a few hours..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-09 01:24 AM
    +1 on the rice and fan, you may want/need to get a new battery too. do you have insurance?
    08-10-09 01:26 AM
    Beer is a much bigger problem than water. Water can just be dried out with the rice trick but beer contains lots of sugars. The sugars will short out the components if you turn on the BB again. The only safe thing to do is to completely disassemble the phone and clean all the components with an alcohol bath or special electronics parts cleaners. If you don't remove all the sugars the phone will definitely die one day soon.
    08-10-09 04:32 AM
    sounds like an alcohol bath was what started this mess.... lol
    08-10-09 05:26 PM
    Jackbox is 10000000% correct. I took my similar issue a step farther and disassembled the phone to its pieces and cleaned the parts in an alcohol bath inside one of those sonic jewelry cleaners. (my goo of saturation was sunscreen)

After drying for several days in ziplock full of rice (phone completely covered on all sides), the phone worked like new.

Any "bath" of any sort will ruin the LCD screen. Just clean the connector with rubbing alcohol and a QTip. If your LCD has been submerged it is probably ruined and you will need another. Also note, loudspeaker (in the midplate) do not take well to being wet.
    08-10-09 11:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD