Hey guys, I've had a Storm for about 4 months now and for the most part I love it. As of late though I've been running into this issue and it's really irritating me. I use my Storm quite often for tethering as the area I'm in has spotty internet service (as well as iffy cell coverage). Sometimes I have full coverage, sometimes it's only one bar. I haven't installed many apps lately, but I do have quite a few on my phone (which I make sure are fully closed down when not in use). But more often then not my EVDO coverage drops so that it only displays as 1xev, even with full bars. I hate not being able to use BBM and data services. Does anyone have any advice?

08-09-09 12:57 PM
    It could be several problems. First have you upgraded to .148 yet? If you did, did you do a *228 option 2 to update PRL? Perhaps it's the tower you are using and it is having issues. Call verizon and let them know your problem. Could even be your phone. Does it work fine when you are in areas outside your home area? Too many possibilities.
    08-09-09 01:12 PM
    Yeah, I included that line at the end of my post with the current OS (the official way, no hybrids or leaks). And I've tried *228 many times without it helping much. I find that if I don't tether my phone for a day or two I don't have nearly as many issues with the radio.
    08-09-09 01:24 PM
    I have had this issue since I got the phone. I have weak coverage at home and am quite mad that it drops out. Even if I go into a good coverage area my data link will not initiate again.

It is absolutely the most annoying thing and I think its unacceptable that the radio code can't handle linking back up when there is enough coverage.

I recently put 151 on my phone and now my data will suddenly stop working even though it still indicates 1X or 1XEV. Of course, I will be going back to 148 soon. I would also like to get this issue resolved.

I should probably complain to Verizon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 02:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD