I am thinking about changing my bezel to black because I did it on my wife's 8900 and it was easy and looks awesome. I imagine changing the bezel on this one is the same. What do u think?

Has anyone done this mod yet? Pictures would be appreciated!
    08-09-09 12:10 PM
    I think it would be great...I'm waiting for them to come out with the top plate before I change out my bezel
    08-09-09 12:29 PM
    Are you talking about like a matte black? Or just the shiny black that us Verizon Tour users get by default?
    08-09-09 12:30 PM
    I am thinking about changing my bezel to black because I did it on my wife's 8900 and it was easy and looks awesome. I imagine changing the bezel on this one is the same. What do u think?

Has anyone done this mod yet? Pictures would be appreciated!
    Drop bezel into (Super Clean).
    I used it on my 8330 trackball rings ,24 hours of soaking and flat black color will be had.
    I'm going to do whole faceplate getting rid of chrome color between keys & Bezel on day 31 of owning turning my Tour into Stealth Tour.
    Last edited by Slingbox; 08-09-09 at 12:55 PM.
    08-09-09 12:37 PM
    Drop bezel into (Super Clean).
    I used it on my 8330 trackball rings ,24 hours of soaking and flat black color will be had.
    I'm going to do whole faceplate & Bezel on day 31 of owning turning my Tour into Stealth Tour.
    Sounds awesome! I am thinking about ordering my bezel from cnn.cn! Whoever gets this done first POST SOME PICS !!!
    08-09-09 12:54 PM
    I think it would be great...I'm waiting for them to come out with the top plate before I change out my bezel
    Can I ask why your waiting for the top plate?
    08-09-09 12:54 PM
    Sounds awesome! I am thinking about ordering my bezel from cnn.cn! Whoever gets this done first POST SOME PICS !!!
    Pics will definitely be posted.
    Im going to call it the (9630 Stealth) ,Sweet look very cool name
    Last edited by Slingbox; 08-09-09 at 01:09 PM.
    08-09-09 01:01 PM
    I will never again take apart a BlackBerry. Far too fragile and easy to mess something up. Far too many reports on other phones of headphone jacks failing to work ever again after a re-assembly, etc. (this happened to me too on my Curve).
    08-09-09 01:05 PM
    I will never again take apart a BlackBerry. Far too fragile and easy to mess something up. Far too many reports on other phones of headphone jacks failing to work ever again after a re-assembly, etc. (this happened to me too on my Curve).
    Yeah it can get scary taking apart but if you watch a few take apart video and take your time no harm will be done pulling off faceplate.
    The only thing that makes me nervous putting back together is screw tork ,My screen has zero ripple and I want to keep it that way.
    Last edited by Slingbox; 08-09-09 at 01:41 PM.
    08-09-09 01:16 PM
    Compared to other Berries, Tour is actually one of the easiest to disassemble if all you want to remove is the faceplate. Patience and the right screwdriver is all you need.
    08-09-09 01:29 PM
    After watching a few videos I think its almost the same as the 8900. I am a little worried about the top plate it looks like it just pops off. On the 8900 it came off with screws.

I think I'm going to order my black bezel because its going to look BA
    08-09-09 01:39 PM
    Are you talking about like a matte black? Or just the shiny black that us Verizon Tour users get by default?

its not black. he is talking about the bezel. the side pieces. those are a titanium color. i think the verizon one looks perfect. as for changing the color, i would do colorware, though 129 minimum is a little much.
    08-09-09 01:50 PM
    Glossy black bezel would look pretty sweet IMO...
    08-09-09 01:58 PM
    I believe this is what people are referring to:

It is an all black bezel from CNN.cn.

Here is the link: BlackBerry Tour 9630 OEM black bezel - Cellular Nationwide Network - Cellular Accessories - 3G,
    08-09-09 02:18 PM
    08-09-09 06:30 PM
    Glossy black bezel would look pretty sweet IMO...
    Hey just ordered my black bezel from cnn and can't wait to murder out
    Tour.....
    I'll post pics when it comes.......

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 06:52 PM
    Hey just ordered my black bezel from cnn and can't wait to murder out
    Tour.....
    I'll post pics when it comes.......

Awesome. I think your going to beat me to it, its going to look SICK!!!
    08-09-09 07:02 PM
    Hey Guys!

Ordered mine from CNN.CN. Honestly, best place for Blackberry OEM Hardware, just bad cause shipping is outrageous.

I'll post pics soon.
    08-09-09 07:07 PM
    Received my black bezel from cnn Friday but lost my screwdriver. Gonna pick one up in the am and i'll have pics up tomorrow afternoon!
    08-09-09 07:13 PM
    i will wait to get the parts like from coolware. for cheaper. I am wanting the storm trooper look . all pearl white...
    08-09-09 07:17 PM
    i will wait to get the parts like from coolware. for cheaper. I am wanting the storm trooper look . all pearl white...
    I was thinking about that all white look as well. Very cool and clean looking. But that means I cannot use a case because it would be a waste of money! I think I am just gonna stick with my Innocase when it comes out.
    08-09-09 07:38 PM
    The only thing that makes me nervous putting back together is screw tork ,My screen has zero ripple and I want to keep it that way.
    Da skkkkrew TORK kan be trikkkkky!!
    08-09-09 08:35 PM
    watchin intently the stealth idea is pure genius
    08-09-09 09:34 PM
    You gotta post pics when you finish with it!!!!!!!!

08-09-09 09:34 PM
    Awesome. I think your going to beat me to it, its going to look SICK!!!
    I can't wait to get my bezel! man this is going to kill me,,,,,, the waiting game......!!!!! But wait one must!

08-09-09 09:38 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD