I tried 2 golf apps as of yet. Golfgps and another from wireless18.com...both don't run on my 8330curve-verizon phone. My bb gps app does work so it isn't a problem with that.

Has anyone had success with any golf app with this phone whether it was free or not? I don't mind paying for it,my main concern is that it is reliable and that its course database is large.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 10:24 AM
    Verizon has the GPS locked on their phones...far as I know no 3rd Part GPS apps will work...

JC
    08-09-09 10:38 AM
    unfortunately, verizon gps wont work with 3rd party apps. I use green finder on my bb and its pretty good.
    08-09-09 11:34 AM
    Vzw unlocked (supposedly) their gps some time ago the problem now is the app programmers haven't yet updated their software to work with vzw bb's.

08-09-09 11:52 AM
    What you can do is purchase a Bluetooth GPS Reciever? I purchased the GPSlim 236 and use GolfLogix. Both the reciever and app work great.
    08-11-09 03:03 PM
    Are there any work arounds for this rediculous issue?
    08-11-09 05:27 PM
    Try GreenFinder.com.
    08-18-09 11:39 AM
    Golflogix is by far my favorite. They have a great design and the largest course database. Instant response for any issues, or suggestions for courses. Device automatically downloads round info to online account. Unfortunatley they don't have a work around for the verizon curve. Storm coming next couple weeks. Tour is working now.
    08-18-09 02:12 PM
    I read this in another thread for Golftraxx. Give it a try if you have a subscription to vz navigator, it might work for other programs as well......
    Steps:
    1. Turn on the VZ Navigator program.
    2. Click on 'maps', then click on 'follow me maps'.
    (This activates the GPS capability of the VZW Blackberry device)
    3. Leaving VZ Navigator running, open the GolfTraxx program and enter the appropriate golf course info.
    08-18-09 02:22 PM
    Vzw unlocked (supposedly) their gps some time ago the problem now is the app programmers haven't yet updated their software to work with vzw bb's.

Writing carrier-specific versions of apps is a PITA and really messes companies up... VZN's blocking of the GPS feed was poor customer service, and their continued stance on 3rd party aps is just wrong. (IMHO)

GolfTraxx works on VZN, always has. The issue is on the GPS side. External pucks/fobs work, as does using VZNAV. Not the best solutions, but ones that were forced on us by the evil empire
    08-22-09 01:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD