hi i have a pearl 8220
    i did the latest update posted here on the forum for india sat and deleted vendor.xml i still cannot use the sim card , it is locked with t-mobile
    still giving no sim card inserted
    any one can help me on this
    Regards
    08-09-09 04:58 AM
    You need the MEP or 'unlock code'

Try CellUnlock.net Wireless-Your #1 Source for Accessories, Parts, Repairs, Service & Unlocking!

Best unlocking service i've used. Enter the coupon code CB50 for half price.
    08-09-09 05:19 AM
    Or to get the unlock code, you could just call a few reps till you get someone that wants to help you out so you don't have to pay.
    08-09-09 05:37 AM
    hi! i have just got my new BB pearl flip and i can tell you that is a wonderful device, but i wanted to ask, is it normal that my battery lasts only about a day and a half? i check mail about every two hours, use messenger but not for long, and web browser for about an hour or so, but still i think it should last longer, since it was supossed to last about 14 days, someone has the same problem?

HELP
    08-12-09 11:25 AM
    My Flip's battery only needs charging every 3 or 4 days and i'm constantly using it. Do you leave your wifi or bluetooth on all the time?? I accidently left wifi on one night and my battery drained overnight which wasn't good because I use it as my alarm in the mornings :P
    08-12-09 12:59 PM
    i think wifi is always on, so that's what making the battery life short? wanted to know cause i have 7 days left to change it for a new brand new one. i�ll try turning wifi off! hope that improves battery life! thanks
    08-12-09 02:13 PM
    is it normal that my battery lasts only about a day and a half? ...it was supossed to last about 14 days
    14 days between charges? ROFLMAO Thanks, I needed a good laugh!

A day and a half between charges is normal. A lot of people here top off their phone every night. When I'm at home on UMA, I can go a couple days between charges. Signal strength is the big determining factor. Well, that and YouTube playback. I could fry eggs on my battery cover when I'm streaming YouTube videos.

See my sig for a long list of 8220 battery life tips.
    08-12-09 02:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD