k so my 8310 is officially dieing slowly...poor thing, it's just been put through it's paces....

anyways- I'd be willing to buy a new 8900 IF Rogers would give me a free Rocket Stick and let me use the data on my blackberry plan for the stick (I've got 6gb and have never come even close to using it all...but I am occasionally in areas with no free hotspot and as great as the whole tethering thing is, it's a lot slower on my Mac because I can only use it over bluetooth.)

Do you think if I called Rogers up and spoke to retentions they'd go for it? I've still got 2 years on my contract and I don't want to sign up for any more than that at the moment. If not then I'd probably start looking into trimming my bill down significantly.

Any ideas? Thoughts?
    08-09-09 01:01 AM
    Retentions is usually pretty good about things but I don't see them giving you a $200 stick for free without some sort of contract attached to it. That's just crazy talk! Not to mention that's a horrible business model to follow.

You should just grab the stick on a 1 year contract and pay 25 a month which is cheaper than most high speed packages since you say your only really using it when you don't have access to hot spots and you will be fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-09 10:30 AM
    If you're a decent customer,not late in payments and have a pretty good revenue like 300-500 a month thay may give you a save offer of some sorts,but will have to re-sign the contract and all that. From personal experience,and please dont take this offensively. If you are a low cost customer chances of retention making the offer is pretty slim,they're arses.
    08-10-09 06:10 PM
    rogers has been unwilling to replace mine...
    08-18-09 07:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD