When I plug in the cord for the charger when my Tour is on, it goes to a black screen with an analog clock.

Can you not use the phone while it's charging?
    08-08-09 10:59 PM
    its going into bedside mode
    08-08-09 11:02 PM
    Press the Escape button to exit the 'Clock' app. You can also disable this function by going to Clock->Options, scroll to 'When Charging' and change it to 'Do Nothing'.
    08-08-09 11:03 PM
    Can I wake it up?
    08-08-09 11:03 PM
    Can I wake it up?
    Sure, just set the alarm.
    08-08-09 11:14 PM
    Can you use Pandora while charging?
    10-05-09 03:16 PM
    Listening to How many more times, by LZ on Pandora right now and it is connected to my computer via usb. You just need to escape out of the Mass storage message and the clock. It works without any issues.

GO CC Tigers
    Last edited by HockeyBerry21; 10-05-09 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Had to add GO CC TIGERS for Gopher fan...
    10-05-09 03:27 PM
    slacker radio ftw!!!!
    10-05-09 03:56 PM
    Slacker works too. listening to Pear Jam, Do the Evloution...
    10-05-09 04:07 PM
    my tour is not in bedside mode .when the power is off the charge led light blinks until its charged .once charged it stays light .when i power on the phone with it still on charge the led light goes out .is my blackberry still charging when powered on
    10-05-09 07:43 PM
    Look on home screen at the battery icon. It is charging if you see the little lightning bolt over the battery icon. Of course I don't know what OS you have so on some of the leaked OS' it may not show that, and just have to watch to see if battery is going up or not.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-09 08:22 PM
    Push the BB/menu button. Options. Select "do nothing" next to when charging.

It no longer shows the clock when charging then.
    10-06-09 05:42 AM
    Somthing i discovered the horrible way is that the Tour does not charge when just plugged to an usb port.
    I left my wall charger at my parent's house and i only have the usb cable at my apartment. I plugged in my Tour into a sleeping mode Mac and the battery was totally drained and with that i was very late for work! (Use bberry for an alarm clock).
    So i took the usb cord and plugged it in into my work's pc (does not have DM installed) and all i got was the red solid light and a non-working bberry. I freaked out, I thought i was the OS since i am running .230.

Went to a VZ store as fast as i could and got a travel charger praying that it wasn't the OS but rather a drained battery; fortunatelly it was.

So i guess i can't do what i used to do with a curve or an 8830? What the hell?
    10-06-09 10:48 AM
    Mine is charging on my work computer via aftermarket USB right now.
    10-06-09 12:46 PM
    Mine is charging on my work computer via aftermarket USB right now.
    Weird! Could it be because mine was completely drained? I tried to charge it for about one hour and i got nothing.
    10-06-09 01:28 PM
    Im going on on a limb here, but if the laptop was in sleep mode maybe the USB was disabled? If you battery is completely dead, even when plugged into the charger, the radio stays disabled untill 25% charge is reached ( dont quote me on the percentage). I also have read around the forums that some people experence slower charging rates when useing just the USB cable. I dont know how true this is but this could be a factor also.
    10-06-09 01:32 PM
    it takes awhile to get it started, but it definitely works, and yes, i think it takes longer than a wall outlet.

you should see a little lightning symbol though to indicate it's charging. Works on both Macs and PC's BTW.
    10-06-09 01:48 PM
    Try installing the usb drivers from rim's page and see if this will help with your charging issue. The link to the page is here.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...ubbvlj1dh-3g**
    10-06-09 01:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD