I'm having some serious issues with my trackball. I can spend a good 15-30 seconds trying to "scroll" from one app/icon to another. When I first bought the phone, it seemed a bit sticky, but I heard that all blackberrys have some form of hesitation on the mail screen but that it's not noticeable on the main menu. Now it's getting REALLY old, really fast and I'm not sure what I need to do. It seems that this would be a faulty phone, but do I risk taking it back and possibly receiving a refurbishd phone? Any advice,comments and/or suggestions are appreciated.
    08-08-09 09:04 PM
    Take it back. This really shouldn't even be a question. You think it's old after two weeks, imagine two years. Just as a heads up though, on my replacement, a week later and I'm already having the same problem starting to creep back in. YMMV.
    08-08-09 09:06 PM
    Play with the settings, Options/Screen Keyboard. Horizontal Sensitivity and Vertical Sensitivity. I found the Horizontal at 90 and Vertical at 80, is the sweet spot for my Tour. Doesn't work perfect, but enough to keep me from returning it in a hurry.
    08-08-09 09:39 PM
    LOL! Nice name.
    08-08-09 09:52 PM
    Play with the settings, Options/Screen Keyboard. Horizontal Sensitivity and Vertical Sensitivity. I found the Horizontal at 90 and Vertical at 80, is the sweet spot for my Tour. Doesn't work perfect, but enough to keep me from returning it in a hurry.

NOOOOOOOO. If the trackball is sticking on icons and not flying along at 70 70, take it back. Do not jack it up to 90. Sorry...but if you have to run it at this you have the issue which many have had. DO NOT SETTLE. Seriously...I have mine set at 70 70 and it flys with no lags. So much so that I may go to 60 on both.

And within 30 you should just go to the store and try a few out. Really...you can adjust the sensitivity and it may help but what you describe is an issue and you should not hold on to it.
    08-08-09 09:52 PM
    srs? i didn't expect that it should work on 70/70 that well. guess I should call Verizon

NOOOOOOOO. If the trackball is sticking on icons and not flying along at 70 70, take it back. Do not jack it up to 90. Sorry...but if you have to run it at this you have the issue which many have had. DO NOT SETTLE. Seriously...I have mine set at 70 70 and it flys with no lags. So much so that I may go to 60 on both.
    08-08-09 09:55 PM
    Yay! Another trackball thread!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-09 10:49 PM

And within 30 you should just go to the store and try a few out. Really...you can adjust the sensitivity and it may help but what you describe is an issue and you should not hold on to it.
    70/70 is way way to laggy, even on a good trackball 70 would be to slow to deal with. ur just BS-ing people telling people that the trackball flys at 70 and that you may even go to 60 is just worthless then. Its all about speed, and havign a trackball at 60 or at 70 is horrable speeds
    08-08-09 10:51 PM
    I'm having some serious issues with my trackball. I can spend a good 15-30 seconds trying to "scroll" from one app/icon to another. When I first bought the phone, it seemed a bit sticky, but I heard that all blackberrys have some form of hesitation on the mail screen but that it's not noticeable on the main menu. Now it's getting REALLY old, really fast and I'm not sure what I need to do. It seems that this would be a faulty phone, but do I risk taking it back and possibly receiving a refurbishd phone? Any advice,comments and/or suggestions are appreciated.
    100 percent take it back. that's ridiculous
    08-08-09 10:59 PM
    i just got a new tour on Friday. Still playing around with it.

Is it just mine, or is there a lot more "effort" involved in getting it out of standby? With my curve you just clicked on it. This one takes a noticable more effort. I either have to make sure to hold down more firmly or have to click on it twice.

Is that normal?

So far I think I like the curve keyboard more, but probably just a learning curve.

It certainly is faster.
    08-09-09 08:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD