12% AAA DISCOUNT, JUST FOR ASKING

If you are an AAA (American Automobile Association) member (not necessarily an employee) you can get a 12% discount off your "Current Recurring Charge".

There is no need to make any changes to your current contract or plan.

Repeat: There is no need to be an employee of AAA.

If you have added lines in the past month (back date) or will do so in the future there is no charge for new phone activation.

The date of your payment will change to the 27th of the month, the same as all other AAA members under the program.

The discount will take effect in 30-45 days depending upon the cycle of your current contract.

The discount may change based upon the any revisions to the current AAA program.

> Call 877-453-8824 (daily from 8am-6pm EST)
    > Ask for the 'AAA discount'
    > You will be asked for your master TM phone number (for example, if you have a family plan) or your phone number (if you have a single phone plan).
    > You will give your AAA membership number from the front of your AAA card.
    > You will give the phone number of the AAA local office listed on the back of the AAA card (for verification).

Congratulations! That's it!

For a list other organizations and companies that have a discount program with TM:
    do a google search on the term "877-453-8824", and perhaps include the name of the organization or company that might have the discount.
    The search will produce a long list.
    Last edited by mandony; 08-09-09 at 04:31 PM.
    08-08-09 07:31 PM
    That's what's up. Will it work with other discounts? I'm currently getting a discount from freelancers.org. Will this cancel out my other discount?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 09:18 AM
    Will it work with other discounts?
    TM does not allow double dipping.
    Select your best rate, any port in a storm.
    08-09-09 10:16 AM
    Sorry, I don't mean to hijack this thread but besides AAA, corporate, and student discounts, what other discounts are offered by T-Mobile for regular schmucks?
    08-09-09 12:08 PM
    Schools, companies, unions can negotiate a discount with them. so check with any organization you are associated with and see if they offer a discount.
    08-09-09 12:30 PM
    Need to change phone number to "877"

Just want to say THANK YOU!! for writing out all the instructions, I was too lazy prior to today even though I knew about the 12% discount, but you made it so easy.

Not only was it easy, but the CS rep I spoke to was extremely nice and she looked on my account gave me two activation credits for family plan accounts I activated in May, even though I had done activation rebates on them! I am getting a $76 credit on my bill that is due in 2 days, then switch to the prorated new cycle, and hopefully after that bill, the 12% will kick in.

I paid $54.95 for my AAA membership last night online and then ordered a Triptik for our vacation in 10 days, which will be really cool to keep the kids busy in the car looking at maps, etc. (GPS took the fun out of that for me lol).

Also found fantastic discounts using AAA at places where I shop all the time, so this was a steal of a deal. My car came with free roadside assist so I never considered checking into AAA before this.

I didn't have to give my local AAA office number, just the membership number.
    08-09-09 04:30 PM
    Need to change phone number to "877"
    thanks, did do!
    08-09-09 04:33 PM
    Sorry, I don't mean to hijack this thread but besides AAA, corporate, and student discounts, what other discounts are offered by T-Mobile for regular schmucks?
    You are correct. Many companies and organizations have this program. To find out, just google "877-453-8824"
    08-09-09 04:35 PM
    The date of your payment will change to the 27th of the month, the same as all other AAA members under the program.
    Ahh. . . I was wondering why I just got a bill for about half a month's service!
    08-09-09 11:05 PM
    You are correct. Many companies and organizations have this program. To find out, just google "877-453-8824"
    Thanks for the tip.
    08-11-09 11:29 AM
    I wonder if verizon or any of the other carriers offer this discount? My GF has AAA.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 11:37 AM
    I wonder if verizon or any of the other carriers offer this discount? My GF has AAA.
    VZ does not list AAA on the following list, but there are others:

http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.p..._Discount_List
    08-11-09 02:04 PM
    12% is only on regular plans... not the loyalty. You might have it attached to loyalty but it will only discount the stuff like text an data, not the minute package.

So do your math before changing to any loyalty plans
    08-11-09 02:14 PM
    Just got done adding my AAA membership with T-mobile. It took all of 4 minutes to do it!!!! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    08-13-09 07:23 AM
    Just did it myself. I only took a few minutes and now I'm saving $9/month. Thanks a bunch for the tip. CS has always been great to me with T-mobile... a little too perky at times...lol
    08-13-09 03:02 PM
    The discount is nice. Cancels out the taxes and fees in my case.
    08-13-09 09:26 PM
    Hey,

Thank you for sharing this. I have a myfaves family plan with 4 lines. All of them are out of contract and are going month to month. The rep told me that atleast one of my lines has to go into a year contract in order for this to be applicable. Is this true?

Thank you for your time!
    08-20-09 07:55 AM
    Its working for me so far. Only thing I didn't expect was the bill cycle date being changed. Oh well.

I also found I can itemize my cell phone for my delivery job. So my cell is almost free anyways .
    08-20-09 02:17 PM
    Thanks, but how much does it cost to be an AAA member? If it costs more than what it would save me on the TMO bill then its no thanks for me
    08-20-09 02:29 PM
    Thanks, but how much does it cost to be an AAA member? If it costs more than what it would save me on the TMO bill then its no thanks for me
    It depends on where you live, I think. Different regions have different fees. Here in Messychusetts it is $52 for the first person in the household and $28 fdor the second (which makes it $35 each for me and the wife). So at that level the Tmo discount pays for the AAA membership. However there are a lot of other reasons to have an AAA membership (assuming you have a car, and to a certain extant even if you don't), Roadside assistance (even if you aren't in your car, or even the driver) free maps and tour books, and there are a bunch of other discounts (like 15% ar Reebok outlet stores) that you can get. I keep my membership for the roadside assistance (even if you only use it every other year or so, when you need it you usually REALLY need it), and look at all the other stuff as gravy.
    08-20-09 03:14 PM
    Hey,
    The rep told me that atleast one of my lines has to go into a year contract in order for this to be applicable. Is this true?
    Not true...I have all my lines out of contract...and the rep never asked about the type of service I have.
    If the rep at the toll free number for this discount told you the wrong information just call back at a later time.
    08-20-09 04:04 PM
    In New York: first year membership costs $58 (includes a $10 enrollment fee). Annual renewal @$48/yr. Additional associate members @$25/yr.
    www.aaa.com redirect

If you do travel, the hotel discounts, and amusement park discounts, pay for the membership very fast
    08-20-09 04:09 PM
    All states vary a bit on pricing. Check out their site You can get discounts at 100's of places you never imagined by just flashing your card

Many people don't know this but... they even do vehicle services such as titling a car for a way reduced rate. I just saved $45 today having them title a car for me instead of a notary
    08-20-09 04:38 PM
    can u get this discount if your on the unlimted loyalty plan
    09-03-09 07:41 PM
    can u get this discount if your on the unlimted loyalty plan
    It will only apply to your "add-ons" such as data and texting. It does not aply to the minutes plan on the LOYALTY
    09-03-09 08:42 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD