Yesterday and today I noticed that my tour automatically shut down and restarted... the reboot took 5 minutes, with the clock twirling around -- what's up with that?
    08-08-09 05:01 PM
    I have also had that happen - about once or twice per week.
    08-08-09 05:06 PM
    Yep, happened to me as well (3 times, that I know of). It seemed to stop after reloading the OS though.
    08-08-09 05:13 PM
    It happened to me last night. I woke up around three a.m. for a bathroom break and noticed my Tour was in the process of rebooting. Normally I'm fast asleep during that time so now I'm wondering if it's had any other spontaneous reboots in the middle of the night, lol. That's no big deal though, I just hope it never happens when I'm using the phone for any reason, especially since it takes so long to come back up after a reboot.
    08-08-09 05:43 PM
    now I'm wondering if it's had any other spontaneous reboots in the middle of the night, lol. That's no big deal though, I just hope it never happens when I'm using the phone for any reason, especially since it takes so long to come back up after a reboot.
    Exactly, I had missed calls, and calls go straight to voicemail on my Tour. Possibly from the rebooting issue.
    08-08-09 05:55 PM
    Please don't call me captain obvious because to a seasoned blackberry person this will sound insulting, but have you accidentally scheduled quickpull or a similar program for a certain time of day? I know I know stupid question!
    08-08-09 07:52 PM
    Please don't call me captain obvious because to a seasoned blackberry person this will sound insulting, but have you accidentally scheduled quickpull or a similar program for a certain time of day? I know I know stupid question!
    Well, that is obvious isn't it?

I'm not offended in the least. I have never used the scheduled resets in QP. I just wrote it off as the newness of the Tour and the 4.7 OS, which would be addressed hopefully in future OS versions.

Then again, missed calls and calls going to VM is never a good thing. A call could be very important.

At least I don't have multimillion dollar deals coming through my Blackberry that I'm aware of any way.
    08-08-09 08:04 PM
    yup, my tour is doing the same thing, several times a day as a matter of fact, and yes it does it during texts, calls and in the middle of emails sending...its rather annoying.....why is this happening? and I don't have any scheduled resets either......
    Have the newest OS.
    10-05-11 10:57 PM
    I recently went through this exact same issue on my 9650. Here are the troubleshooting steps I did to resolve the issue.

1. Check you battery to ensure the contacts are clean and it is set firmly against the posts. If it is loose use a business card (exactly the correct width) as a shim to keep it tight. If your battery is warped it may have overheated. New ones are $2 on Amazon.

2. Reload your OS with no apps nor settings. Just restore essentials: email, contacts, calendar. Run it for a day or two. If that fixes your issue, you may have a corrupt app. Reload your apps from the original source (if you can, not from the backup).

3, Here's what was wrong with mine - I had corrupt address book. Every time I restored my contacts it restored my corrupted database. Create a Gmail account and install Gsync on your BB. It should back up your calendar and contacts to Gmail. Use DM to delete your contacts and calendar files on you BB. Go into Gsync and choose 'sync now' if it doesn't do it automatically. It worked for me!!!
    10-07-11 08:45 AM
    This used to happen to me all the time on my tour. I found out it was my battery that was causing the problem. Once I got a new battery my phone hasn't magically reset itself in weeks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-11 12:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD