I am trying to downgrade to the "old" version of BBM. I have a BB Bold and updated to the beta 5.0 but am having a lot of issues with it so I want to downgrade. I tried to downgrade through DM but I get the error that there is not enough space and I need to free up space. don't know how that can be since BBM does not require a lot of space.

Please help me as I really do not want to wipe my phone and start fresh.

Thank you.
    08-08-09 09:32 AM
    This is what you do bro:

1. Go to backup and restore in DM and go to advanced. On the right, click on Blackberry Messenger on the right and click the arrow to move it to the left. Click save as and save it somewhere where you will remember.

2. go to application loader and add remove applications. Remove the check mark from blackberry messenger. This will uninstall blackberry messenger.

3. After this process is finished, close DM and download and install the os that you have on your phone onto your computer. When it is installed, open DM and go to application loader>Add/Remove Applications.

4. Check mark Blackberry Messenger and click finish so that it installs. Make sure that it says 4.6.0 by it and not 5.0.0.8.

5. When you are finished go to the main menu for DM, click on backup/restore. Go to restore and find the file you made earlier for blackberry messenger. When this is done, you will have BBM 4.6 installed with all your contacts still there.

If any of you lost your contacts when migrating back to 4.6 from 5.0, just reinstall 5.0 and restore the contacts from the saved file on your memory stick or something, and repeat steps 1 to 5 again. This will restore your entire contacts list and not leave you to have to resend invites again haha.

Hope this helps you all out.
    08-08-09 09:42 AM
    Thank you.
    08-08-09 11:18 AM
    Here's a much easy way, you'll only need 5 minutes.
    the good news is they provide OTA download for bbm 4.6. The bad news is It's in indonesian language.
    But I bet you'll understand Kocak Blog | Lucu, Kocak, Santai, Curhat, ketawa dan apa dah
    08-08-09 12:18 PM
    From what I've heard, if you use OTA and you try to sync, your laptop wont have the files for 4.6 and it will cause errors with syncing.
    08-08-09 12:26 PM
    From what I've heard, if you use OTA and you try to sync, your laptop wont have the files for 4.6 and it will cause errors with syncing.
    what if the 5.0 was obtained from OTA too?
    08-09-09 01:57 AM
    I too lost all of my contacts. Ruined!
    Last edited by ajdarr64; 01-27-16 at 12:49 PM.
    10-11-09 06:29 PM
    for who want to downgrade your bbm 5 to 4.6

WELL I LOOK AROUND ALOT AND DIDNT FIND ANYTHING THAT WORKED, SO I DID FEW THINGS HERE AND THERE..

FIRST I REMOVED THE NEW BBM 5 FROM MY 8900 CURVE. THERE ARE 2 WAYS OF DOING THAT ( I USE OSX / APPLE)

1. GO TO OPTIONS IN THE MENU, THEN ADVANCE OPTIONS AND APPLICATIONS, REMOVE BLACKBERY MESSENGER.

2. INSTALL DESKTOP MANAGER AND WHEN YOU SEE ALL THE APPLICATION THERE UN-CHECK BLACKBERRY MESSENGER. AND HIT UPDATE. IT WILL REMOVE THE BLACKBERRY MESSENGER.

NOW THAT YOU HAVE REMOVED IT HOW DO YOU GET THE OLD ONE BACK.

THIS IS WHERE I WENT MAD LOKKING FOR AN OTA(OVER THE AIR) LINK FOR THE OLD ONE AND FINALLY FOUND IT.

HERE IT IS http://tjiputra.yapeter.net/bbm/8900/bbm8900_4_6.jad

NOW YOU CAN EMAIL THIS TO YOURSELF AND CHECK IT ON YOUR BLACKBERRY AND CLICK ON GET LINK AND DOWNLOAD IT ON YOUR 8900 CURVE.

I SUPPOSE ALL OTHER MODELS WOULD HAVE THEIR RESPECTED VERSIONS SO PLEASE TRY AND GET THE PROPER OTA VERSION FOR YOUR BLACKBERRY.

HOPE IT HELPS
    10-12-09 11:58 AM
    will this link work for the 9000 too if i change the numbers around in the link?
    10-12-09 03:28 PM
    I have the curve 8330 and need to get the old version 4.5 back....can someone please help me???
    10-14-09 02:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD