Today I spent a considerable amount of my day on the phone with tech support from VZ and RIM... I got to RIM because VZ tech support is a joke...
    After a good hour with RIM they discovered that my Device because it was a Refurb that there was something wrong with it due to a file or piece of hardware being messed up with Mass Storage... RIM then gave me a 1-877 number and a 7digit case number to give to the rep at one of Verizon's stores, recommending a brand new non refurb replacement. (Not a Authorized retailer learned my lesson with them long time ago). So I went in the store told them exactly what RIM told me and well what do you know VZ reps totally ignored me and never called RIM and kept me in the store for the better part of 3 hours trying to repair the phone refusing to listen to RIM the people who built the phone in the first place... The result being the branch manager insulting my intelligence and flat out calling me a liar, i walked out with a different refurb that has the same damn problem... I love RIM but HATE!!!! Verizon Wireless... The people at the store I went to didn't even know what the Mass Storage feature was for... For me that made switching to a Blackberry smart phone essential for the ability to click and drag media taking minutes instead of hours with ROXIO software... I will after my contract is up be taking my business elsewhere.... and flaming Verizon for there awful customer service at their Grove City location in Ohio off stringtown road. I would recommend for any storm or other blackberry related problems if you live around there to go find a new location they have treated many customers the same way they treated me today in the past and many are friends of mine...
    08-07-09 07:06 PM
    Every refurb that anyone i know has received has the same problem with Mass storage... Verizon has mistreated me and many family member with this major insult... They also told me that it was impossible to swap out for a new phone I would have to take a refurb. Basically telling me that the money i shelled out for the phone and the warranty from RIM and VZ only gets me secondhand replacements when i know different.
    08-07-09 07:11 PM
    Why dont you copy the post and go to planetfeedback.com! Someone from Executive Relations will contact you tommorrow or Monday. This is the only way I talk to Verizon anymore. I do not call 611 anymore! I have a number that I call and it gives me Executive Relations. Trust me on this one, me and Verizon have been head to head and I have won the battle several times, im 7-1, the 1 being that they would not activate a Pearl without the data plan because thats a Verizon and Rim deal.

PS...I had to wait to lucky number 13 to get a brand new one. And believe me, a new one in my case works great.

There you go again big red, ____ someone else off. And the forum thinks I am the only one that gets this mad about Verizon. Planetfeedback.com
    Last edited by CARTEEUSMC; 08-07-09 at 07:39 PM.
    08-07-09 07:12 PM
    ok, so you got another refurb and it has the exact same problem?

did you ever think the error is on your side
    08-07-09 07:20 PM
    Matt...mass storage is missing a file, that was number 7 and 8 for me. 8 also had a no clicking issue.
    08-07-09 07:22 PM
    Every refurb that anyone i know has received has the same problem with Mass storage... Verizon has mistreated me and many family member with this major insult... They also told me that it was impossible to swap out for a new phone I would have to take a refurb. Basically telling me that the money i shelled out for the phone and the warranty from RIM and VZ only gets me secondhand replacements when i know different.

My mass storage works just fine, im on my 5th Storm and I have never had hardware issues.
    08-07-09 07:24 PM
    ok, so you got another refurb and it has the exact same problem?

did you ever think the error is on your side
    No its not mine they kept trying to find a refurb that would with the removable drive popping up in explorer and they activated my line on one so by the time i was fed up with messing around there for three hours i grabbed it and left... RIM tech support level 2 said to be weary of refurbished phones from Verizon there usually never fixed properly.
    08-07-09 07:31 PM
    Why dont you copy the post and go to planetfeedback.com! Someone from Executive Relations will contact you tommorrow or Monday. This is the only way I talk to Verizon anymore. I do not call 611 anymore! I have a number that I call and it gives me Executive Relations. Trust me on this one, me and Verizon have been head to head and I have won the battle several times, im 7-1, the 1 being that they would not activate a Pearl without the data plan because thats a Verizon and Rim deal.

PS...I had to wait to lucky number 13 to get a brand new one. And beleive me, a new one in my case works great.

There you go again big red, ____ someone else off. And the forum thinks I am the only one that gets this mad about Verizon. Planetfeedback.com
    Thanks i posted my rant there and signed up for an account... Waiting for response... Will update
    08-07-09 07:33 PM
    Matt...mass storage is missing a file, that was number 7 and 8 for me. 8 also had a no clicking issue.
    The refurbs from verizon the operating system is flashed onto the device not loaded like on an at home computer if i am not mistaken and from what RIM told me that its a big problem with refurbs with more of the same problem... Matt do you have a fix that i could do at home?? I know alot about the device but any suggestions are appreciated.
    08-07-09 07:36 PM
    I heard if you twitter something negative about a company they are all over it trying to fix it because of publicity. Try it might help.
    08-07-09 07:40 PM
    I heard if you twitter something negative about a company they are all over it trying to fix it because of publicity. Try it might help.
    My father in law just did copy my rant and put it on his twitter one step ahead but i really need a fix just in case verizon dose not fold...
    08-07-09 07:43 PM
    Oh Verizon will fold! I say! Planetfeedback works wonders
    08-07-09 07:55 PM
    Have you idiots ever wondered why your service is so expensive?! You brick your phones because you have no right to have one. It takes intelligence to use a smart phone. A lot of you have it but dont understand business. If VZW replaced your phones everytime with a new phone your blackberry service would double in cost. VZW pays $400 for every new phone and $180 for every "refurb" so figure what your ******** really gets you!
    08-07-09 08:36 PM
    Today I spent a considerable amount of my day on the phone with tech support from VZ and RIM... I got to RIM because VZ tech support is a joke...
    After a good hour with RIM they discovered that my Device because it was a Refurb that there was something wrong with it due to a file or piece of hardware being messed up with Mass Storage... RIM then gave me a 1-877 number and a 7digit case number to give to the rep at one of Verizon's stores, recommending a brand new non refurb replacement. (Not a Authorized retailer learned my lesson with them long time ago). So I went in the store told them exactly what RIM told me and well what do you know VZ reps totally ignored me and never called RIM and kept me in the store for the better part of 3 hours trying to repair the phone refusing to listen to RIM the people who built the phone in the first place... The result being the branch manager insulting my intelligence and flat out calling me a liar, i walked out with a different refurb that has the same damn problem... I love RIM but HATE!!!! Verizon Wireless... The people at the store I went to didn't even know what the Mass Storage feature was for... For me that made switching to a Blackberry smart phone essential for the ability to click and drag media taking minutes instead of hours with ROXIO software... I will after my contract is up be taking my business elsewhere.... and flaming Verizon for there awful customer service at their Grove City location in Ohio off stringtown road. I would recommend for any storm or other blackberry related problems if you live around there to go find a new location they have treated many customers the same way they treated me today in the past and many are friends of mine...
    That is the breaks for sure! My time is 60 bucks an hour. They owe you 180!
    08-07-09 08:58 PM
    bmckinley.....Look at my profile picture, that is my Verizon Wireless vx6700 (2005) and its still working and is more stable than any storm I have had. You idiots huh? Go troll somewhere else. I have had a blackberry since 2002, and a smartphone since 2004.

His first post and calls someone else an *****. TROLL. Figure out what your talking about first, probably a verizon rep with a Dare.
    Last edited by CARTEEUSMC; 08-07-09 at 09:12 PM.
    08-07-09 09:09 PM
    Company policy is if you are out of 30 days you will receive a reconditioned phone. Aka FRU phone. Nobody gets a new phone even their employees so I don't think they have mistreated you. Rim can just recommend that but who are them to be the shot caller to tell vzw to replace with a new phone? Each company have their set of policy..manager in the store has to abide their rules. If they swap your phone out to a new one you better believe they on the phone to explain it to their dm and have their *** chew *** for being an *****. They can not and will not replace you to a new phone. After x amount of phones with x amount of days they can multi fru you to a comparable model or next upgrade model depend on the fru matrix. How many ppl you think that come to the store and say yea rim told me to come ib and get a new phone. how many ppl walk in that door and claimed their phones screen just cracked itself over by sitting on their table. Trust me it really doesn't make much sense at all I'm sure you'd understand. I'm sorry but rules are rules.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 10:29 PM
    You can always tell the ones that won't get good customer service...the same ones that spout off on several different sites, even have family involved "sharing" your story?? What goes around, comes around...with your "tone", you can tell how you come off. I can all but guarantee...Running into the store raising a stink, elevated voice asking for more than what's due. RIM said this, they said that...I want a new phone...I can hear it. Demanding won't get you far...you sound like on this day you were being difficult. Maybe??

Rather than running in the store guns blazing, going over their heads...walk in, act kind. If you can't give a new one, what can we do to resolve the issue. Thanks for any help you can give but I'm frustrated with this issue. If you acted kind you would have been out the door in ten minutes with a phone delivered to your door.

Easier yet...call up V customer service and they'll send you a refurb in a day or two. Sounds alot easier than the route your taking.

That said...I find V customer service to be very helpful, be it over the phone or in store. Then again, I don't demand or get bitchy. I simply call up or walk in, when asked, "how are you today", "I'm good, how are you?" Nicely explain the issue....An ounce of kindness will come back ten fold!!

Ask anyone in customer service...the customer that comes in with understanding and kindness generally gets what they want or they'll at least do everything in their power to make it right. Those customers that come in acting a fool won't be treated with the same respect. Your OP paints a broad picture on how it "went down".
    08-08-09 12:50 AM
    Company policy is if you are out of 30 days you will receive a reconditioned phone. Aka FRU phone. Nobody gets a new phone even their employees so I don't think they have mistreated you. Rim can just recommend that but who are them to be the shot caller to tell vzw to replace with a new phone? Each company have their set of policy..manager in the store has to abide their rules. If they swap your phone out to a new one you better believe they on the phone to explain it to their dm and have their *** chew *** for being an *****. They can not and will not replace you to a new phone. After x amount of phones with x amount of days they can multi fru you to a comparable model or next upgrade model depend on the fru matrix. How many ppl you think that come to the store and say yea rim told me to come ib and get a new phone. how many ppl walk in that door and claimed their phones screen just cracked itself over by sitting on their table. Trust me it really doesn't make much sense at all I'm sure you'd understand. I'm sorry but rules are rules.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I have been thru quite a few storms bill is current and i have a case number with rim they actually took control of my computer and ran diagnostics on the damn device so dont tell me what policy is my father in law had the same issue with his and they gave him the same crap they gave me and he left just as i did, came back the next day and talked to the same person and magically poof they were able to replace his with a brand new one... I belive your numbers are askew anyway... Verizon dosent pay a dime FRUs they just put money towards what needs fixed on them and recirculate. I know the drill and i wasnt rude or anything when i went in...
    08-08-09 07:22 AM
    You can always tell the ones that won't get good customer service...the same ones that spout off on several different sites, even have family involved "sharing" your story?? What goes around, comes around...with your "tone", you can tell how you come off. I can all but guarantee...Running into the store raising a stink, elevated voice asking for more than what's due. RIM said this, they said that...I want a new phone...I can hear it. Demanding won't get you far...you sound like on this day you were being difficult. Maybe??

Rather than running in the store guns blazing, going over their heads...walk in, act kind. If you can't give a new one, what can we do to resolve the issue. Thanks for any help you can give but I'm frustrated with this issue. If you acted kind you would have been out the door in ten minutes with a phone delivered to your door.

Easier yet...call up V customer service and they'll send you a refurb in a day or two. Sounds alot easier than the route your taking.

That said...I find V customer service to be very helpful, be it over the phone or in store. Then again, I don't demand or get bitchy. I simply call up or walk in, when asked, "how are you today", "I'm good, how are you?" Nicely explain the issue....An ounce of kindness will come back ten fold!!

Ask anyone in customer service...the customer that comes in with understanding and kindness generally gets what they want or they'll at least do everything in their power to make it right. Those customers that come in acting a fool won't be treated with the same respect. Your OP paints a broad picture on how it "went down".
    Wenty hmmm sounds like you have no idea what went on... I went into the store after I got a case number from RIM and VZW recommending the same thing and the store didnt even check the notes and kept me there for 3 hours troubleshooting the phone themselves when would you have lost patience with that pack of idiots? I Had 2 phone numbers and case numbers to call and verify the issue... So you telling me that the whole store i went to was full of tech support? I think not.. So before you spout off at the mouth think about how you would feel in my place... I hate to name call but your a moron these forums are about helping and your counter productive.
    Anybody with real solutions or got bad customer service like me? shout out. Wenty your kind of like i said above ^^^ counter productiveness is not needed thank you for your post tho
    If you want to flame do it somewhere else you will lose in this thread and you apprently didnt read the entire thing it was at the 3 hour mark inside the store.. not to mention the 3 hours at home on the phone... do you honestly think that i would have been on the phone that long if all i was out to do was get a new phone all i want is one that will work... or get mine fixed which obviously cannot be done.
    Last edited by Bcliffor; 08-08-09 at 07:31 AM.
    08-08-09 07:27 AM
    im still behind you bcliffor. We shall endeavor to get you a new phone.
    08-08-09 09:10 AM
    im still behind you bcliffor. We shall endeavor to get you a new phone.
    Thank you for your support on this there are many ppl out there Trolling this tread however they wouldn't know what really happened unless they were there with 2 managers and one was the branch manager? I don't know his title but I have all the info i need to wreck him but i don't want to have to do this... All i want is to get me a phone that works and isn't gonna have this issue if the fru's all have this problem i thinks that with all the technology available Verizon should fix the error with the fru's and i would have to gripe but they do so i am..
    and on top of that the idiots really treated me with great disrespect not doing all they could to help and I am a plumber and charge 95 an hour for service so by my calculations Verizon should pay me roughly 617 dollars and some odd cents. lol especially since i educated there reps on the mass storage feature on the phone... I load invoices to my phone using mass storage to keep track of my clients and if i cant do that then i start killing trees and I don't like to do that as you can tell my business is 85% digital and only paper i use is initial contract forms and pricing info the rest is done by email and other digital means via blackberry...
    08-08-09 09:27 AM
    Thank you for your support on this there are many ppl out there Trolling this tread however they wouldn't know what really happened unless they were there with 2 managers and one was the branch manager? I don't know his title but I have all the info i need to wreck him but i don't want to have to do this... All i want is to get me a phone that works and isn't gonna have this issue if the fru's all have this problem i thinks that with all the technology available Verizon should fix the error with the fru's and i would have to gripe but they do so i am..
    and on top of that the idiots really treated me with great disrespect not doing all they could to help and I am a plumber and charge 95 an hour for service so by my calculations Verizon should pay me roughly 617 dollars and some odd cents. lol especially since i educated there reps on the mass storage feature on the phone... I load invoices to my phone using mass storage to keep track of my clients and if i cant do that then i start killing trees and I don't like to do that as you can tell my business is 85% digital and only paper i use is initial contract forms and pricing info the rest is done by email and other digital means via blackberry...

I didnt waste my time reading most of this thread but I just want to ask how you can call anyone else a troll? What are you 12? 13?

OMG OMFG VZW followed the rules, I tried to lie and they caught me so they wasted 3 hours of my day that i would have been on twitter posting about picking my nose and playing with my toes(look I'm a poet). You get the point, maybe if you took that relaxed tone and calmed down this would have gone better for you, but anyhow like I said I lost interest at about the 5 letter you wrote.. later,
    08-08-09 09:51 AM
    I didnt waste my time reading most of this thread but I just want to ask how you can call anyone else a troll? What are you 12? 13?

OMG OMFG VZW followed the rules, I tried to lie and they caught me so they wasted 3 hours of my day that i would have been on twitter posting about picking my nose and playing with my toes(look I'm a poet). You get the point, maybe if you took that relaxed tone and calmed down this would have gone better for you, but anyhow like I said I lost interest at about the 5 letter you wrote.. later,
    You know what unlike you i am not trying to screw the system i genuinely have a problem and if you would have read the thread in its entirety you would know that i am not 12 and that i own my own business so for you information you are a troll congrats on that... I really don't even know why i bother with people like you and thank god i don't ever have to do business with you... I may get screwed like you tried to do to Verizon... They saw the issue with the device right in front of their own eyes on one of their very one HP mini's they sell in stores with a storm of there own compared to my busted one so if you wanna open your mouth make sure you do your homework first. thank you and happy trolling!
    08-08-09 10:05 AM
    You know what unlike you i am not trying to screw the system i genuinely have a problem and if you would have read the thread in its entirety you would know that i am not 12 and that i own my own business so for you information you are a troll congrats on that... I really don't even know why i bother with people like you and thank god i don't ever have to do business with you... I may get screwed like you tried to do to Verizon... They saw the issue with the device right in front of their own eyes on one of their very one HP mini's they sell in stores with a storm of there own compared to my busted one so if you wanna open your mouth make sure you do your homework first. thank you and happy trolling!
    excuse me screw what system??? maybe you should do your homework first

and by the way if you want to konw what this sites out look on trolls is

http://forums.crackberry.com/f139/ig...trolls-288004/ there ya go....

and really that was the only reason i came here, trying to spread the word on how stupid an idea this is
    08-08-09 10:08 AM
    excuse me screw what system??? maybe you should do your homework first

and by the way if you want to konw what this sites out look on trolls is

http://forums.crackberry.com/f139/ig...trolls-288004/ there ya go....

and really that was the only reason i came here, trying to spread the word on how stupid an idea this is
    Take a big step back from the mac or PC your on and read your previous post. Calling someone 12 or 13 ? in my book that's an insult and is just trying to get a rise out of someone and you fit the definition of a troll. and to your screwing the system you openly admitted that you lied to them to get what you wanted that is screwing the system don't play ignorant... I started this thread to make everyone aware of the issue that plagues the fru devices and Verizon way of fixing it or lack there of.
    08-08-09 10:17 AM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD