I have d/l TwitterBerry on my Curve 8330, however, upon entering my Twitter username and password, and testing the connection, it tells me "Cound not contact Twitter. Try another connection method".. I am certain the username and password are correct.

Also, when trying to updated Tweets, it tells me it can not connect.

Help!
    08-07-09 01:01 PM
    Twitter itself is having issues they got hacked yesterday with a denial of service attack. There servers are still recovering.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 01:04 PM
    Doesn't that figure that I try to get set up on Twitter right after they have a service attack!

So, basically, even though I can get on via the web, it makes sense that my TwitterBerry may not still be working on my phone??
    08-07-09 01:06 PM
    Have you gone into TwitterBerry, clicked the BB button to bring up the menu, clicked "Configure", and checked the settings there?
    08-07-09 01:19 PM
    Yes, I have done that twice..

Configure..
    Username: which is correct
    Password: which is correct
    Connection Mode: Auto-Detect
    Update Interval: Manual

Then when I test connection, it fails!?!?

Dee
    08-07-09 01:22 PM
    I have had twitterberry for awhile and have been trying to update my twitter, but I can't because the blackberry end for twitter is still being recovered as pk said

Hopefully they will be up and running soon
    08-07-09 01:26 PM
    thanks everyone!! I will patiently wait..!

Dee
    08-07-09 01:35 PM
    Just a heads up, I still can't load the Twitter page on my PC but TwitterBerry IS working and I'm getting tweets sent to my phone via SMS.
    08-07-09 01:52 PM
    Mine still won't connect to the network
    08-07-09 01:56 PM
    same here...I can not get onto the network. Very frustrating.
    08-07-09 03:06 PM
    I too am also having issues, but as PKCable said, Twitter itself is having issues.. so I'm sure that once the main site is fixed it'll start to trinkle down to the 3rd party apps.

It's still annoying though. I try to refresh my friends list and it just sits there trying to load (It does this in the background as the program is closed.. ) because my battery is draining faster than normal due to this.
    08-07-09 04:56 PM
    Problems are still existing (according to news articles I have read this AM) with updating from mobile devices. I have also had issues updating using Mozilla (has anyone else experienced this???), but IE seems to work just fine.
    08-08-09 07:30 AM
    Anyone seeing progress? I can get Friends updates but can't post updates. Sounds like we are getting close.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 03:43 PM
    Same here ERS .... I would guess another few days and we should be back in business. DoS must have really spanked them and sent them into a serious protection mode .... which of course I cannot blame them.
    08-09-09 03:51 PM
    Many 3rd party apps are having trouble connecting to Twitter because in an attempt to keep their website running they have tuned their firewall to be extra-aggressive in blocking DoS requests, which in some cases is resulting in legitimate requests being blocked.

Check the Twitter blog here:
    Twitter Blog
    08-09-09 04:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD