just curious what you think. I am curious about the samsung omnia 2. It looks good. How do you think it will compare to the storm.
    I had the first storm and was not impressed.
    08-07-09 08:36 AM
    The. Storm2. Will likely be like the First with minor improvements. The omnia2 should be a Very very nice device!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 08:40 AM
    I tell you that O2 looks super dope, and I'm diggin the 5MP cam, but winmo kills it for me. On the other hand I've never used winmo with an 800MHZ pro before. But still winmo kills it. The Moto Shole on the other hand pushing Android has a 5MP cam and is enticing me.

08-07-09 08:41 AM
    The Ominia 1 was less than stellar. I'm being polite. I AM looking forward to the Storm 2 thou. And if the O2 has Winmo I won't even give it a second look. Pretty much set on getting a Storm 2, of course I happen to like my Storm 1.
    08-07-09 08:47 AM
    the mega pix are not always the thing that makes the picture great its all about the lense and when on the screen its going to look the same as a 3.0 or a 3.2 so its not all about OH MY GOD look at this camera on the phone I'm buying it functionality my friends and WINMO is a buzz killer
    08-07-09 09:32 AM
    Have you seen some of the cameras that Samsung uses on their phones? Some of the best on the market. And even a decent 5MP is better than a good 3MP camera on a phone. Functionality is what kills winmo for me.

08-07-09 10:05 AM
    Storm II definitely for me. The Omnia II looks nice but the last interface was way to hard to operate, not a real big fan of Windows Mobile.
    08-07-09 10:18 AM
    I've had the Palm Pre and the G1 once before... I won't make either of those mistakes ever again. I've never used WinMo but I can bet it's just not a blackberry.
    08-07-09 10:42 AM
    I'm liking the screen resolution on that omnia 2.

08-07-09 11:58 AM
    I will stick with the Storm2 coming up, BB has been too good for me to switch now.
    08-07-09 01:45 PM
    I've had both the Storm and the Omnia ... the radio on the Omnia stinks compared to the Storm. The Storm is able to get a signal all 50 miles of a highway I like to drive, the Omnia cuts out two to three times, even worse than my Treo 650. Also, the internet connection is poorer. The radio over internet is always cutting out where the Storm was solid. The Storm is also easier to type on. I use the Omnia like I'm twittering, 40 characters or less because it is so painful to type on. Over all I don't mind the WinMo experience but the apps are all pay and they are in the $20-30 range while many Blackberry are free and those that are pay are in the $10-20 range, I think still too expensive but closer to their real worth.
    08-07-09 04:36 PM
    thanks all for the help. I will stick with BB
    08-07-09 04:39 PM
    thanks fatherfrog, you were very helpful. radio signal is very important for me. I am on AT&T if that makes any difference.
    08-07-09 04:40 PM
    I might get both hopefully
    08-07-09 04:41 PM
    S2 without a doubt. The O1 was mediocre at best. The Storm is the most misunderstood and misrepresented device on this site
    08-07-09 04:51 PM
    I'm thinking about the Omnia 2 myself. I've seen WIMO 6.5 running at one of my client sites and it ain't the Windows Mobile everyone loves to hate, it's getting very good. Still no multi-touch though.......
    08-07-09 04:53 PM
    If its got 6.5 id give it a look but in all honesty id really wait for WinMo7 before id hop over there.

Maybe Project Pink will show its face by that time ;x or a Zune phone lol
    08-07-09 07:48 PM
    The Omnia is a pain to operate. I say Storm II all the way.
    08-07-09 08:42 PM
    i hated the omnia, especially windows mobile.
    08-07-09 11:34 PM
    While the omnia looks good....it doesn't function anywhere near as good as a good multi tasking storm OS. Omnia is a mediocre phone its not really all that....
    08-08-09 01:04 AM
    The Omnia 2 does look appealing considering its large magnificent screen along with its deeply integrated UI, however the touchwiz UI isn't really that efficient, looks kind of sloppy and recent reviews of this model didn't score too well overseas due to interface lag and overall choppiness.

Have you looked into the HTC Whitestone VZW is getting? I think that would be a better contender to the storm2
    08-08-09 01:44 AM
    The Omnia2 running WinMo 6.5 would likely make it a viable option if it weren't for the Storm2 coming up.

I'm locked in with BB at this point however, Android is looking better and better but so far the hardware hasn't been very appealing to me. I don't like the Sholes with it's physical keyboard adding unnecessary weight and bulk to what could've been a very nice sleek piece of hardware.
    08-08-09 09:13 AM
    Exactly!, crackzilla, the storm was slow because of the surepress..., cellphones without surepress... all the touchscreens (exept storm) where faster becauseall the did was turn the phone or scroll it down and it goes, and to go somewhere a simple touch makes you go there, but the storm had to modify everything to its surepress, the omnia... just sucked very lacky and the o2 looks faster but i am not getting away from bb the smartphone leaders :P
    08-08-09 02:28 PM
    I hate the O1's touch screen, just doesn't seem as calibrated as the storms. I got pissed off trying to send a text message on that thing.
    08-08-09 08:46 PM
    S2 without a doubt. The O1 was mediocre at best. The Storm is the most misunderstood and misrepresented device on this site
    Very well put.

This is a no brainer. Windows Mobile is the most lacking, user unfriendly, ugly operating system. It is too complex to be entertaining to use.
    08-08-09 11:56 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD