Does anyone know how to disable the missed call pop-up on the screen. Very annoying to answer yes or no. I am satisfied with the missed call icon only.
    08-06-09 10:02 PM
    I don't know.....but I'm with you on this one. That would be a nice find for those interested in leaving the missed icon showing and checking the call(s) later
    08-06-09 10:29 PM
    I am almost positive that you can not do this.
    08-06-09 10:30 PM
    I am almost positive that you can not do this.
    As am I, although how great would it be if you could?
    08-06-09 10:37 PM
    Try this:

Hit the green call button, this will take you to the call log.

Menu>Call logging and change to option to none.
    08-06-09 10:41 PM
    Try this:

Hit the green call button, this will take you to the call log.

Menu>Call logging and change to option to none.
    that only leaves you cals from being logged in your messages. you will get that pop up still. im pretty sure there is no way to turn it off but would be cool if you could
    08-06-09 10:43 PM
    that only leaves you cals from being logged in your messages. you will get that pop up still. im pretty sure there is no way to turn it off but would be cool if you could
    I beleive you are correct was coming back to edit the post and you beat me to it.
    08-06-09 10:44 PM
    Is it really that annoying? hah. Either way you're going to go check who called you, and it just saves you the time with a prompt...
    08-06-09 10:45 PM
    So there is no way to turn it off?

I could care less who called me if they don't bother to leave a voicemail. I won't call them back without the voicemail.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-09 04:33 PM
    So there is no way to turn it off?

I could care less who called me if they don't bother to leave a voicemail. I won't call them back without the voicemail.

Wow.. You sound all high and mighty

10-17-09 04:38 PM
    Wow.. You sound all high and mighty

I don't give my number to more than my family/friends. Anybody else is either wrong no or telemarketer. I don't deal with people I don't know. My family and friends will leave voicmail or text. Anybody else has to be an annoyance since they don't even have my number.

Anybody else gets my landline which I screen the same way, and yes I'm on the do not call list.
    10-17-09 04:43 PM
    I don't give my number to more than my family/friends. Anybody else is either wrong no or telemarketer. I don't deal with people I don't know. My family and friends will leave voicmail or text. Anybody else has to be an annoyance since they don't even have my number.

Anybody else gets my landline which I screen the same way, and yes I'm on the do not call list.
    Caller ID is your friend

Say you get a call from "mom/dad","wife/husband", or "son/daughter" but they did not leave a voice mail. Does that mean you're not going to call them back?
    10-17-09 06:50 PM
    Some people use their phones mostly for business communications as I do. Often, legitimate calls come during awkward times and sometimes people leave messages and sometimes they don't. I only return calls to those who leave messages, because I assume if they didn't leave a message, then they probably got their answer from someone else, or they will call back later.

I too would like a way to shut off the missed call feature and rely on the missed call icon only. However, it is obvious it cannot be done, so that's the answer to this question, unfortunately.

FA
    reyns84 likes this.
    10-17-09 07:10 PM
    Caller ID is your friend

Say you get a call from "mom/dad","wife/husband", or "son/daughter" but they did not leave a voice mail. Does that mean you're not going to call them back?
    Yes, I love caller id.

My family and friends know me well enough to know I like having messages and always leave a voicemail or text.

10-17-09 07:16 PM
    The missed call notification did prove useful to me once. Some telemarketer called me 3 times in 1 day. I took the information and filed a complaint to the FCC.

10-17-09 07:19 PM
    It wouldn't be annoying if it would go away... on my phone, if I miss a call, I get this pop up notification for the rest of the day! If I can't turn off the feature, how do I at least stop it from popping up repeatedly?
    05-31-16 02:41 PM
    So... to answer my own question, it was a visual voice mail pop up that has been tormenting me. I have to actually listen to the voicemail for it to go away. Cheers!
    05-31-16 02:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD