I have found lots of information on tethering to a laptop or PC, but I can't find anything on using my Blackberry Curve as a modem for our survey equipment controller which is running Windows CE. Anybody used the Blackberry as a modem for another mobile device?

We used to have a regular cell phone that we used as a modem with no problems. When I try to use the Blackberry it kicks me off at network authentication every time. I have not changed providers (AT&T) only phones and obviously changed from a regular data plan to the blackberry data plan.

Any help is much appreciated!!!
    08-06-09 03:05 PM
    Do you have a tethering package?
    08-07-09 08:22 AM
    Thanks for your reply! We were testing it, but all the tethering software is made for Windows 2000, XP, Vista, and even Mac but not Windows CE. At least that is what I've found and been told. Let me know if anyone knows of any other software out there.
    08-07-09 03:34 PM
    I have the same issue. Used to use the Motorola i580 without issue. Now we have issues with the Windows CE based instrument staying connected via Bluetooth. Can you please help? We do have a data plan.
    11-09-09 08:55 PM
    But I'm interested in this too. I'm installing a dvd/gps/radio in my car that runs on windows CE and would like to be able to use tether with my blackberry for internet connectivity.. anyone got this to work yet?
    02-15-10 07:55 AM
    Hey has anyone succeeded in this? I'm using the BB 8700 and i need to tether to windows CE 6. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

-CV
    03-09-10 10:29 PM
    Hi all

I have run into the exact same problem with our Trimble GPS Survey Controller and the issue that you are having is with the Software version on the Blackberry. I am not sure what the difference is between software versions but I had to downgrade from the most up to date software version on my Rogers 9000 bold to an older software version. We had tried a demo unit with our GPS to test it and it worked great. When I received my new Bold 9000, I could not get it to work. After comparing my new bold 9000 to the demo bold 9000 the only difference between the 2 was software versions....

After downgrading to an earlier OS, I have had no problems.

Good Luck
    03-10-10 12:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD