I have a home biz, and have been managing with my laptop and cell for traveling. Recently, after being stranded in airports for about 20 hrs trying to get home, I realized I needed something better. The laptop got sooo heavy walking around airports!

So, my quest for a blackberry started. I'm not due for an upgrade until Oct., so went on the Internet and did some studying. Seemed to me for price & functionality (and great reviews here & other places) that a Blackberry 8700C was a good choice for a 1st BB. Got one and now I'm stuck!

I get email GREAT (except corporate which I'm still figuring out), but the Internet SUCKS! I can't get to webpages from liks in emails, I can't get on anything that requires a password. It just says "reqesting" I have Edge through AT & T.

I called AT & T and they said with the 8700C you can't get on a lot of websites like myspace, you tube and more.

I thought I was getting a device where I could surf the net, get emails and maybe even post some ads.

Can I? Do I need a software upgrade? Or am I out of luck?

Any help would be appreciated
    08-06-09 09:34 AM
    Oh yeah, it's unlocked...
    08-06-09 10:00 AM
    Doing a firmware upgrade is always a good idea. Check out the CB OS forum to find the latest for you particular device.

YouTube is possible by using the WAP browser and navigating to m.yoube.com the device is EDGE so the browsing will be slow.

For other websites try changing the browser emulation for IE this will widen the net of sites you can access.

The really good news is that October is only a couple months away and my real recommendation is to RUN not walk to the store on your eligibility date and get the newest shiniest BB you can buy. Do not settle for something you think will get you buy. Look down the road it could be a couple years before you can upgrade again.

The web and apps will only get more complex, get one with a FAST modem, wifi and tons of memory.

Cheers
    08-13-09 09:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD