Hello, hope someone can help me and the general issue
    I have an AT&T blackberry Bold that was purchased in the US. I am trying to connect it in Israel to another carrier.
    Everything looks o.k. accept no Data is transferred from and to the device. I have the blackberry package from the carrier, the device is registered at RIM but no data is transferred.
    I was told by the people that checked it that the problem is in the device that maybe AT&T burned something uniqe in it.
    Any suggestion how can I fix that ?
    New firmware ? if so which one would fit ?
    Any recommendations are welcome.
    08-06-09 02:29 AM
    you have to get an unlock code from at&t to use another carriers sim card. call at&t and request one
    08-06-09 04:24 AM
    Not sure if this will be helpful or not.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/cal...israel-186512/
    08-06-09 07:24 AM
    O.K. then, thanks for the reply.
    My problem is not with the SIM (I had that as well same as in the link I got - looks like in Orange Israel, there is a need for 3G SIM "series 5" to make the phone working.
    In my case, I can get calls, make calls, no problem with SMS's. The problem is just with getting and recieving Data from RIM. The phone seems to block just the RIM data.
    I tried to send PIN messages with no luck as well.
    Orange told me that they checked with RIM and the problem is in the device, like something in it is configured not to work with RIM if not AT&T supplier
    08-06-09 07:54 AM
    I had a similar issue while in Australia. I could not use the Blackberry network as the local provided had not sold me a Blackberry plan but only a data plan. I did not register with their BIS server but as soon as they changed me to their Blackberry plan I was able to use both their data network and the Blackberry network.
    08-06-09 08:59 AM
    In my case, Orange in Israel did issue a BIS plan for me, I am registered at RIM and when I connected my BB I got a message from blackberry saying thank you for register bla bla but I can't get the service book from blackberry
    08-06-09 09:07 AM
    hmm. Can you send pin messages?

Was it ever activated on at&t?

If a bis account was created on at&tt bis site sometimes (in the case of used blackberries) you have to contact RIM to release the PIN from the other carrier's BIS site.

Make sense?

Basically the blackberry may be registered & locked to At&t BIS site and therefore RIM's data server is only sending email via that pin to email associated with that account.
    08-06-09 11:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD