I have not had a BIS connection for a couple of hours now and don't know why. I have removed battery to see if it was my phone and that doesn't change anything. I show 3G without the blackberry dots and in connection status it says not connected. What gives?
    08-05-09 07:38 PM
    noticing this on my bold as well. I switched to edge and it is working on that...but 3g seems to be down :s
    08-05-09 07:40 PM
    I'm in Southern Cal and all is good here with AT&T.
    08-05-09 07:40 PM
    Update: its back up now! but it was down for a good hour i think
    08-05-09 07:43 PM
    I'm on rogers right now, my BIS is fine but my BBM messages aren't going through. Has there been some trouble recently with messages going through on bbm for anyone else? I'm using the .282 version, not the bbm 5
    08-05-09 08:28 PM
    only few possible reasons that u cant access the BIS:
    1. weak/no network coverage
    2. unsupported region
    3. BIS server maintenance in progress

btw, battery pulling wont solve the problem. the more u pull the more problems u'd get on your phone.

imagine u hitting the reset button on your desktop/laptop few times daily. u'd soon find bad sectors in your system.... same logic applies for smart phones.
    08-05-09 09:04 PM
    only few possible reasons that u cant access the BIS:
    1. weak/no network coverage
    2. unsupported region
    3. BIS server maintenance in progress

btw, battery pulling wont solve the problem. the more u pull the more problems u'd get on your phone.

imagine u hitting the reset button on your desktop/laptop few times daily. u'd soon find bad sectors in your system.... same logic applies for smart phones.
    No it doesn't, ask anyone here we pull all the time theres no hard drive...no sectors to scramble. No issues whatsoever except freeing up memory.
    08-05-09 10:23 PM
    Back to normal now. Thanks for the feedback!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 10:49 PM
    i believe it was down too for an hr or 2,i had the same problem. all good now.
    08-05-09 11:12 PM
    had same problem also..but this was around 4pm pac time
    08-05-09 11:44 PM
    i believe it was down too for an hr or 2,i had the same problem. all good now.
    Yup it was its strange. Probably maintainence?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-09 12:14 AM
    BBM is down for me on AT&T I cant get my msgs to go through..
    08-06-09 12:15 AM
    I've been having the same kind of problem since yesterday. I have full 3G bars with blackberry logo but my browser/bbm (or anything that uses data) doesn't work. When I turn on wifi everything works fine. I tried a battery pull, forcing EDGE and re-installing 4.6.0.282. I'm on ATT and using MEdiaNET browser works for streaming videos etc. Any suggestions?
    08-06-09 02:24 PM
    AT&T has been having off and on network problems for several days now. It connects, but the network just doesnt respond at all.

It's not BB specific.
    08-06-09 02:26 PM
    No issues on my end
    08-06-09 03:32 PM
    AT&T has been having off and on network problems for several days now. It connects, but the network just doesnt respond at all.

It's not BB specific.
    Ok well I'll just wait it out for a couple more days.
    08-06-09 03:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD