I received a pic from a friend yesterday. I am running BBM 5.0. Anyhow, I viewed the pic and the thumbnail was in the BBM conversation for a period of time. Today, when I scroll up to where the pic was, all i see is:

IMG00878.jpg (8.26kb)
    Received

There doesnt appear to be anywhere to click to see the pic again. Is it now stored somewhere in my BB? I cant seem to find it. I thought with the older BBM, the pic would stay in the conversation, until you closed that conversation. Then the pic would be deleted, unless of course you saved it.
    08-05-09 10:55 AM
    You have to save the image in order to view it. Go into media>pictures and the picture will be there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 11:00 AM
    Yes it auto saves to your media card.
    This is one of the 'upgrades' that I dislike.
    08-05-09 11:08 AM
    I beg to differ... i forgot to save it and when i went back to save it.. it wouldnt let me... and i just looked at the media>pictures and that pic is no where to be found.. so i dont think it auto saves it...*correct me if im wrong*
    08-05-09 11:23 AM
    Whenever I recieve a picture.. i have to press save, but then nothing happens. i can't view in my pictures folder and i can't view on BBM.

what am i doing wrong?
    08-05-09 11:32 AM
    I beg to differ... i forgot to save it and when i went back to save it.. it wouldnt let me... and i just looked at the media>pictures and that pic is no where to be found.. so i dont think it auto saves it...*correct me if im wrong*
    This is kind of where I am at. I looked at the pic yesterday. Now it is nowhere to be found, and the conversation is still open????
    08-05-09 11:43 AM
    I agree... I'm not a fan of this "upgrade" either. In addition, in the old BBM picture transfer was immediate. Now sending and saving to the phone can take a few minutes AND at times needs to be done twice as it doesn't start transferring data.
    08-05-09 11:55 AM
    I dislike this "upgrade" as well. If you don't get to the link in enough time, it expires as well. Maybe they'll fix it for the official release if we complain enough?
    08-05-09 01:55 PM
    Because after a certain amount of time, the request that was sent by the person with the pic is canceled. In the new BBM if someone sends you a picture you must save it to your device in order to view it. It will be saved in your pictures.
    08-05-09 02:30 PM
    Because after a certain amount of time, the request that was sent by the person with the pic is canceled. In the new BBM if someone sends you a picture you must save it to your device in order to view it. It will be saved in your pictures.
    Hi.. i dont think this is the issue .. he was having... someone mention that it auto saves it when in fact it doesnt...

Its annoying saving every pic someone sends with BBM5.0... in another note.. if you send a pic to someone who doesnt have 5.0 ..the pic is blank... so i hope RIM fixes this...
    08-12-09 03:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD