I am a medic and police officer and got into a fight last night and when I went to the ground I cracked my glass on the screen .. no lcd damage and it works fine just has a big hunk of glass out of the upper left corner of the phone , called sprint they said they cant fix it ?? is there any way that I can do a selp repair on the glass (replace it ) myself ? thx for all the help ?
    08-05-09 10:15 AM
    This site sells replacement parts for pretty much every blackberry model:

8830 - Cellular Nationwide Network - Cellular Accessories - 3G, Sony, Panasonic, LG, SonyEricsson,

They have tutoral videos to show you how to take apart your device.
    08-05-09 10:33 AM
    Yeap its an easy fix and the above post is a great start.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 12:06 PM
    Glad I checked here...This thread may have just saved me a bunch. Insurance deductible is around $90, I can buy the parts I need for $25 +s/h. Glad to see I'm not the only one that managed to break my BB(or as I call it 'the most useless paperweight I ever owned') Grasias
    09-19-09 07:08 PM
    Since you are going to take it apart. If you want to look at updating colors or anything you can look at this site for some other options. The above link will also have some videos showing how to take the device apart.

Truesupplier - Blackberry Accessories & PDA Accessories wholesale Co.
    09-19-09 07:40 PM
    I just checked this link...their located in Hong Kong. I would think that would have an effect on delivery time and cost compared to buying inside the US... that is unless their the only one's that have a hard to find part in stock, then it's priceless.
    09-19-09 07:52 PM
    Here is a tutorial on how to replace your cracked screen.

The replacement screens are inexpensive and very easy to find.
    09-19-09 09:54 PM
    I replaced the glass(plastic) in all of 5 or 10 minutes without taking anything apart. The glass just comes out the front, and new one goes right back in quick and easy. The only delay was trying to get the backing stuff of the back side of the new 2-sided tape. This thread saved me a bunch. Haven't gotten around to taking it apart and replacing the keyboard. All but 1 of the keys are working o.k. so I can live w/it
    10-22-09 04:48 PM
    cnn.cn is a good site to buy all of these parts too. everything from lcd screens to trackballs
    10-23-09 07:12 PM
    $25! That seems awfully high. Sites like gsm4world.us sell the lcd screen for $5. On a side note, thanks for your work in keeping your city safe.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-09 09:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD