Hi guys,

Been a member for a while but don't post much. I read the site pretty much every day though.

I have a Curve 8320 on T-Mobile. I am due for an upgrade next week and am planning to get a new BlackBerry. I need some insights. I think the 8900 is my best bet w/ T-Mobile. I don't think the new 8520 is for me either (I don't use the BlackBerry for music/media much so those convenience keys wouldn't get used) but I wonder as it's the latest BlackBerry if its plus side is better.

I am thinking of switching to Verizon and getting the Tour. Right now that would be my front-runner.

Can you help me with my 8900 vs. 8520 vs. Tour decision.
    I haven't heard bad things about Verizon's service. Been happy with T-Mobile but they don't have all the phone options so it gets annoying. Not quite sure which way to go.

Anything is helpful. Big or small.

Thanks guys.

* Also, is it true I can get the 8520 at Wal-Mart and use it on T-Mobile? Did I read that correctly?
    08-05-09 09:28 AM
    The 8900 is awesome. You won't be sorry.
    08-05-09 09:37 AM
    The tour is a great choice and I would go for it. The 8900 is also a good choice with UMA calling and wifi plus the plans on tmo are better IMHO than any other carrier.

You cam get the 8520 from walmart for $50 weather than paying the $129 at TMO. To be honest I would not switch to big red just to get the tour especially if have had good service with TMO. If I was you go to vzw and play with the tour and do the same with the 8900/8520 and male your choice that way. The grass is not always greener on the other side.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 09:38 AM
    Definitely keep the 8900 in mind. There are also rumors of a 3g bb coming sometime this year. Just something to think about.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 10:00 AM
    thanks guys. figured a trip to best buy mobile was in order so i can have them all in one place.

i appreciate the insights.
    08-05-09 10:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD