Had storm since it came out got sick of the damn thing, traded storm for Tour last week (much better!) now I get a upgrade in September. What shall I (we) do or what is there to do? Will there be another BB for Verizon coming out then (no not to sure about getting Storm 2 if its released then) like the Onyx or something better than the Tour?
    08-04-09 09:17 PM
    I'm on Telus with the Tour, coming from an 8330. I love this phone, and unless it starts falling apart, I can't think of any reason I'll feel compelled to upgrade in the near future (well, as long as I stop reading Onyx remarks from Crucial Extreme that is!). Ps wifi isn't a big enough incentive for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 09:24 PM
    I don't understand how you'd get an Onyx since it's a GSM phone so unless you switch carriers, I believe you're SOL on that one.

As for the Storm2, my personal impression on that is this, if you didn't like the first storm, I'm going to jump the gun and say that you won't like the storm2. I don't like the touch-screen / click deal so it's a no brainer for me to stick with the Tour.
    08-04-09 09:31 PM
    Onyx is a GSM phone which AT&T will have... no way would i switch to that phone ever with AT&T as a carrier.

storm 2....well I hate it already and its not even out..I had such a bad experiance with storm 1 that I'll never ever go back to anything that is named the storm ever again
    08-04-09 09:42 PM
    Onyx will be sick. Att is fine for me. Want to see onyx and or new smaller iphone that att will get.
    I had vzw and like data btr on att. Vzw voice is a bit more
    Stable.

08-04-09 09:44 PM
    I have the 9630 and 9000, and I will be upgrading to 9700 when it is released by Rogers.
    08-04-09 09:46 PM
    Look for an improved Tour with wifi and trackpad to launch around year's end. This device should be able to trade blows with the onyx pretty easily.

08-04-09 11:23 PM
    Telus is launching into HSPA in January. Thats how we do it in Canada!

BTW HSPA is a GSM based network! Finally it pays off to be on Telus!
    08-04-09 11:38 PM
    Soo no getting Onyx due to it being on a different network and that just isn't possible for a Verizon person? It just seems the Onyx to me has much more to offer or does it not... Storm two is for the birds if any touch screen I'd ever get it be an Iphone if that ever came to Verizon because the Iphone works and is smooth as ****...but I'm sticking with BB and would like the best upgrade possible from my Tour in September when I am eligible.
    08-04-09 11:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD