If you have access to Outlook Web Access with your company and your company allows POP Access then you can do this to set up your device to receive your work e-mails.

1. Go to your Carrier's BIS Login (just google vzw bis, at&t bis, etc)
    If you haven't created an account for the BIS service, do so now

2. Log in

3. Click on the "Set Up Account" button

4. Type in your work e-mail address, work password, then confirm your work password
    Obvisouly BIS wont find the settings it needs

5. When it comes back and asks you to re-enter your email, choose the "I will provide the settings to add this email account." option.

6. Choose "This is my work email account."

7. Choose the "I can access my email account using a Web browser (Outlook� Web Access)" option.

8. Go to your companies Outlook Web Access site where you can log in and just copy the address bar from your browser and paste it into the "Outlook� Web Access URL: " space

9. Enter your user name and password you use to log into your Outlook Web Access

10. Make sure the e-mail address is the correct e-mail address.

11. Then just name your mail box (i.e. Work e-mail)

12. Choose Next and it should say that your e-mail was set-up successfully. Resend your service books or just do a battery pull and you should see your e-mail icon on your device.
    08-04-09 12:58 PM
    great info. I have been trying to get our HR person set up on blackberry. she is using my old 8330 and loves it. This tip will put the nail in the coffin. Will this download all her e-mail to her blackberry through POP3 or will it use IMAP and be able to access it both on her computer and blackberry?
    08-05-09 05:04 AM
    This will not download older mails to blackberry. But you will be able to receive all the mails that comes to that account after configuration and this mails will still be available in her mail box..
    Refer below link for setting up account with BIS with screen shots.

View Document
    08-05-09 05:44 AM
    another good way is to forward your work emails if you use Outlook

I personally setup my @rogers.blackberry.net email and set up a Rule in Outlook to forward to that address.
    08-05-09 09:10 AM
    sweet! thanks!
    08-05-09 09:25 AM
    Is there a desktop program that will log in to my work OWA so I can get it to forward my work e-mails. I can log to my work e-mail just fine on my desktop at home but there is a ISA server and from what I have read, I cannot get the BB to connect through it. I cannot auto forward my work e-mails from my work laptop either. That is against policy.

All the damn I-phone users can have their e-mails and calendar items pushed but my Storm cannot.

Any ideas?
    08-10-09 07:06 PM
    Cool, great info thanks! My office just added an Exchange Server, and I really didnt want to pay for BES to get access from my phone.
    08-10-09 09:22 PM
    Hi , thanks fo the "How to" however am unable to get it to work, I keep getting the message contact your IT department although I am putting in all the details as suggested.

Also does anybody know if this is possible to activate on a Novell account? or does it only work on outlook?
    08-11-09 03:12 AM
    I tried exact steps and it gives me this error always...

"An error occured during email account validation. please check your information and try again, if the error persists please contact your System Administrator

any idea what the issue might be??
    08-11-09 06:57 AM
    anyone help me on this issue please??
    08-13-09 03:06 AM
    i'm getting the same error...if anyone knows what could be the prob, please let us know. I know this information is correct
    08-13-09 08:59 PM
    Keep in mind that if you are trying to get through an ISA server, it won't work. My work has one and I cannot get through. I am using notifysync to get through but my work has an expired certificate that keeps giving me errors. very annoying.
    08-13-09 09:30 PM
    Keep in mind that if you are trying to get through an ISA server, it won't work. My work has one and I cannot get through. I am using notifysync to get through but my work has an expired certificate that keeps giving me errors. very annoying.
    If the beginning of your email address is https: instead of http:, does the "s" mean that your server is an ISA server?
    08-19-09 12:07 PM
    I tried exact steps and it gives me this error always...

"An error occured during email account validation. please check your information and try again, if the error persists please contact your System Administrator

any idea what the issue might be??
    i'm having the same problem and the first part of my url is https:// so does that mean it won't work?
    08-19-09 01:43 PM
    I think if you go to your webmail login and don't enter you username or password but hit submit, you will get an error.

I get this message: "You could not be logged on to ISA Server. Make sure that your domain name, user name, and password are correct, and then try again."

Also, once logged in, when you hover over the inbox, you should see the path at the bottom of the screen. Your mailbox name should be in this path. With an ISA server, you will see a long path of characters.

This is how it is on mine anyway...
    08-19-09 08:07 PM
    If you have access to Outlook Web Access with your company and your company allows POP Access then you can do this to set up your device to receive your work e-mails.
    This is great, but most BES users need what the BES Is providing. Emails on server, in folders access to the Global Address Book. If you're on a small company and you know everyone thats one thing, but working for a major telecom business that I have no clue who I may need to contact I couldnt live without a global...
    09-07-09 05:24 PM
    If the beginning of your email address is https: instead of http:, does the "s" mean that your server is an ISA server?
    No HTTPS just means it is a secured connection.

Finally got this setup for my work email. It was starting to drive me nuts but then I got through using similar directions to those posted first.

However, I am now having a different problem. None of the emails that I have filtered to other folders are getting pushed to my blackberry. My BB is only receiving emails that go directly to my inbox. I have searched google high and low and have only seen solutions that are specific for BES. For some reason when using BIS the "Folder Redirection" does not pick up or detect the other folders besides inbox.

Anyone know how to fix this without getting rid of the folders?
    10-07-09 08:41 PM
    hapyman, where did you find these similar directions to get you set up?
    10-21-09 06:55 AM
    [quote=hapyman;3766559]No HTTPS just means it is a secured connection.

Finally got this setup for my work email. It was starting to drive me nuts but then I got through using similar directions to those posted first.

I've tried many ways but no luck. I think it is something to do MS Exchange server to allow BIS communicaiton from mail server. Did you do the same thing??
    10-21-09 07:50 AM
    Basically what it came down to was that I had to log into the internet site (BIS) and add the email manually from there. My site was http://www.alltel.blackberry.com.

My work uses an Exchange server but also has Outlook Web Based Access. When adding the email address all I had to do was provide a link to this web based access site and then provide my username and password.

Unfortunately only folders are supported with Exchange so my folders weren't coming through. To get around this I followed another tip I got from a different thread here. I setup a filter to send a copy and not to move the email to the appropriate folder. This does create some redundancy but now I can have a copy archived in the appropriate folder and get the emails on my phone. Easy enough to delete the inbox copy.

Hope this helps.
    10-21-09 08:17 AM
    I am only able to access my email from my work computers can't access from outside. I have no http address because there isn't one ?.... Any suggestions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-09 05:25 PM
    When responding or flagging a message using the Outlook client on the PC, the email gets "repushed" to my device. Is anyone else having this issue?
    11-12-09 03:06 PM
    Yes, it drives me crazy, anyone know how to fix the issue of repushing?
    11-13-09 10:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD