Haven't seen a hybrid from him in a while? I'd expect OOAK,L,and BB to be all over these new leaks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 09:20 AM
    Newest he has is BBCrackmans V7.1.4-.151 and it's amazing. Thats what I'm running. I'm sure we'll see something new soon
    08-04-09 09:51 AM
    hopefully theyre trying to encompass all the newest leaks into one hellll of a new hybrid...
    08-04-09 09:56 AM
    hybrids are overrated anyway...i get better functionality with .148 than a majority of the users here anyway, but then again look at the garbage apps they run. that'd ruin any phone, no matter what OS and how much they hybrid it.

fail!
    08-04-09 10:15 AM
    If you want bbcrackmans newest hybrids go to blackberryos.

08-04-09 10:46 AM
    If you want bbcrackmans newest hybrids go to blackberryos.

I had to search for his name so I could post about how good his newest hybrid is. BBCrackman's v8.5 is great. I've used alot of hybrids and I've got to say this one seems to be the best so far.
    08-26-09 08:45 AM
    I had to search for his name so I could post about how good his newest hybrid is. BBCrackman's v8.5 is great. I've used alot of hybrids and I've got to say this one seems to be the best so far.
    real original answer.....everyone always says that but gives no details.
    08-26-09 09:26 AM
    Ok well crackmans hybrid being more responsive and quicker than anything else I've tried makes it better for me, its quickness compares to .140 in my opinion

08-26-09 11:25 AM
    ok then mr. current events, lol, when are we gonna start seeing changes to OS structure completly since the aquisition of the apple guy? ( so much for current events, i dont even know his name. )
    umm, 5.7?

idk, i'm pretty fuming over the massive FAIL that is everything 5.0 so far...

there isn't a single shred of evidence that 5.0 is any good on any phone...
    08-26-09 11:55 AM
    Ok well crackmans hybrid being more responsive and quicker than anything else I've tried makes it better for me, its quickness compares to .140 in my opinion

we call this a placebo effect, mostly noticed by sheeple

and my .148 is faster than .140, and i still have app/theme support, AND carrier support!!!

the issue is the horrible garbage apps that every n00b thinks is a "must have"

god apple must be rolling in the dough with all of the n00bs who buy garbage from their app store.

i'm in the wrong business
    08-26-09 11:56 AM
    umm, 5.7?

idk, i'm pretty fuming over the massive FAIL that is everything 5.0 so far...

there isn't a single shred of evidence that 5.0 is any good on any phone...
    i guess thats my point in going past the failures were seeing now. i know its early as far as seeing anything radical done. i just really believe that rim will do a major overhaul of everything. ive read various threads talking about current structure( java based) and just have to assume rim knows its time to move foward.im more into reading and learning about whats to come as opposed to whats here now. like ya said its dissapointing to see 5.0 not hold up. havent tried the latest. i like using themes, need my phone to feel original. lol
    08-26-09 12:11 PM
    BBOS is a respected site, ditto BerryAddicted. Lets chill on the dissing of other BB sites. CB is not the only game in town. Yea we are the best, BUT there are other good ones too, and BBOS and BA are among them!
    08-26-09 12:19 PM
    Nothing happened to me. I am still here doing what I do. I dont know why several of you have to become so hatefull towards people. I personally have not done a thing to you. If you feel what I do is BS then call BS on everyone that does it. Why is it that you feel the need to single me out. As far as the site goes say, what you want. It was my impression that we are all here to assist members of the BB community and to help them appreciate the devices they have purchased. Or assist them with any questions or concerns they might have. I have not one bad thing to say about any of you. I find that the information you provide the community is very informative and even innovative in some respects. Just because there seems to be some unfounded hatered going on towards me does not mean that it is reciprocated. I just want everyone to know that I will never speak ill of people that either want to help or are helping. I find that you Patches has been very informative and knowledgeable and I appreciate that, you as well howarmat and strmtrooper.

Thanks

BBC
    Last edited by bbcrackman; 08-26-09 at 12:36 PM.
    08-26-09 12:26 PM
    Nothing happened to me. I am still here doing what I do. I dont know why several of you have to become so hatefull towards people. I personally have not done a thing to you. If you feel what I do is BS then call BS on everyone that does it. Why is it that you feel the need to single me out. As far as the site goes say, what you want. It was my impression that we are all here to assist members of the BB community and to help them appreciate the devices they have purchased. Or assist them with any questions or concerns they might have. I have not one bad thing to say about any of you. I find that the information you provide the community is very informative and even innovative in some respects. Just because there seems to be some unfounded hatred going on towards me does not mean that it is reciprocated. I just want everyone to know that I will never speak ill of people that either want to help or are helping. I find that you Patches has been very informative and knowledgeable and I appreciate that, you as well howarmat and strmtrooper.

Thanks

BBC

don't get me wrong, i love the concept of hybrids...and i respect what the hybrid community has to offer...just not for the storm...there aren't enough "good pieces" to make one whole OS that is of any considerable benefit over what actual OS builds we have...like i said, the radio file is where 95% of the bugs lie, and it seems like the radio goes unchanged build after build, so what's even the point?

granted the unlock GSM users rely on hybrids and radio swap (aren't they the same thing anyway?) to get their phone to work (a phone that wasn't meant to be used on domestic GSM frequencies anyway...)

anyway, don't take my opinion of storm hybrids personally, they work wonders for other devices where there is a stockpile of many, MANY OS builds that are interchangable, and there are vast improvements that can be had...
    08-26-09 12:35 PM
    i said it before and i'll say it again : if i hand you 5 phones ,each with a different hybrid on it ,you will never know the difference.

thats not a knock on anyones hybrid building ability. thats a obsevation based on knowing you dont have a clue about your phone other than what someone else tells you is good for it.
    08-26-09 12:59 PM
    and to bbcrackmem ,if ya read this. i apologize for anything you might have taken as a personal attack.you and your site have helped alot of people and i respect that. my bad.
    Last edited by strmtrooper; 08-26-09 at 01:08 PM.
    08-26-09 01:06 PM
    if you think .148 is quicker than .140 than i don't know what to say, i noticed a difference, maybe not extreme, but definitely noticeable. .140 was "snappier" but obviously too buggy to keep.

is it impossible to say something on this forum without getting ridiculed? I mentioned that i like crackman's hybrid and its quicker than anything else I've tried. that doesn't mean i'm suffering from placebo effect at all, it means in my experiences with a lot of different OS I've tried that this one seems to be the best so far, basically a recomendation, whens the last time you tried a hybrid?
    08-26-09 01:16 PM
    if you think .148 is quicker than .140 than i don't know what to say, i noticed a difference, maybe not extreme, but definitely noticeable. .140 was "snappier" but obviously too buggy to keep.

is it impossible to say something on this forum without getting ridiculed? I mentioned that i like crackman's hybrid and its quicker than anything else I've tried. that doesn't mean i'm suffering from placebo effect at all, it means in my experiences with a lot of different OS I've tried that this one seems to be the best so far, basically a recomendation, whens the last time you tried a hybrid?
    all the time. and all run the same. tried almost every hybrid out and cant say i noticed a difference in any. radio is always the same(.151) so cant expect anything to be different.
    08-26-09 01:20 PM
    Now back to the OP.

Yes BBC v8.5 is out and is running great on my phone. No complaints here at all. The transitions from the 140 build are fantastic. I recommend trying it out.
    Last edited by pkcable; 08-26-09 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Content Edit
    08-26-09 01:27 PM

Now back to the OP.

Yes BBC v8.5 is out and is running great on my phone. No complaints here at all. The transitions from the 140 build are fantastic. I recommend trying it out.

here's another issue i have with hybrids, and this is a general statment, a fundamental "beef" if you will...

for those of us who try to help people with phone issues, knowing what OS is loaded is part of the troubleshooting steps...when you're on a hybrid, who the **** knows how it's gonna respond to different settings/scenarios....ya know?

so when i get to a thread, and the guys' like, "yeah i just loaded this snazzy new v95,000 series hybrid by wtfever, and now so and so is broken, plz help!!!!!" my response is "you're on your own, kid"....

anyway, that and the fact like strm said, they're all basically the same at this point, it's not like there is any major headway being made with hybrids in the storm OS, and personally i believe that the underlying problem is RIM and how they write/develop these OS builds...they've put out two worthwile builds in over a year (counting pre-release development for the storm as well), .148 and .151....everything else has serious service impacting flaws that prevent general usability of the phone...so you're in turn, the hybrid is the sum of all of it's parts, and all of it's parts are garbage, therefore you're just gonna get garbage, repackaged...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f139/wh...inking-276932/
    Last edited by pkcable; 08-26-09 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Content Edit
    08-26-09 01:34 PM

Now back to the OP.

his answer is old also....I asked a valid question IMO. WTF answer is "its the best yet" give me proof and back up your damn statement is all i ask. I am not going to try a product with feedback as crappy as that. I want some more meat to it. Does it fix any major glitches, does it have any special features that would make me run it over the standard 151 or 140 etc.
    Last edited by pkcable; 08-26-09 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Content Edit
    08-26-09 01:35 PM
    his answer is old also....I asked a valid question IMO. WTF answer is "its the best yet" give me proof and back up your damn statement is all i ask. I am not going to try a product with feedback as crappy as that. I want some more meat to it. Does it fix any major glitches, does it have any special features that would make me run it over the standard 151 or 140 etc.
    sorta like a log of changes, that indicates what improvements and benefits and fixes are implemented?

surely no such thing could exist!!!
    08-26-09 01:37 PM
    yeah, hybrids are pointless...they provide no actual fix for the major issues, since they're in the radio files, and the radio file never seems to be changed very much, none of the bugs are resolved there...so you keep getting re-hash of the same garbage, but add a v.8.9.suck my ***.4.1 to the end and it's all of a sudden steve job's gift to the storm or something...

and strm, what do you mean copycat site?

the fact that they were a blatant copy of crackberry forever? or that they tried to jack berryaddicted's theme and look and organization?

oh, but it was just a pre-purchased template lol!
    Don't know what we did to you Patches. You were a regular there for a while. We actually had a site wide vote for colors and layout and such. Light Blue is a very common color. It's easy on the eyes and looks professional. We were trying to get away from the dark feel and I believe we did just that. Not sure where your copycat comment comes from. We just used this template and tweaked it to our liking. We have a good relationship with BA. But we most definitely DID NOT copy them.

Template we used below
    Seven Skins
    Last edited by Natemz; 08-26-09 at 02:41 PM.
    08-26-09 01:42 PM
    Yes i am quoting myself but i want to point out its for all OSs hybrids or not. 5 minutes after people load an OS they post "its so fast, the best yet!' and such. These answers as BS and most knowledgeable people know that, but many people dont and just jump on the bandwagon. I want solid answers with specifics that make you say its good. Preferably ones that you can demonstrate and not experience 'placebo' on
    08-26-09 01:43 PM
    Heres the thing and I am not degrading or bashing anyone in this thread... I am making one and only one post and will try to be as respectful as possible. That being said howart, patches, strm what nate, shane, and bbc are sayin is they dont care about the hybrid part of it. It was the bashing of a site that bothered them and you have all perfectly danced around answering any question on why you feel that way and go right back to the hybrid thing. SO I guess it would make sense that if you are going to keep going back to how hybrids are garbage, which is fine, no one cares that you think that. The question they are asking is why the bashing of one..just one other site. There is a very very nice site call CRACKBERRY Addicted, hmm Berry addicted, Crackberry?? but BBOS is the site you bash, I am not bashing any site. I am a member of I think all of them, and they all serve a different purpose. So like I said I hope this was respectful and I am not going to be pulled into this anymore than I am , but I think you guys are missing the point of what they are asking.
    08-26-09 01:49 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD