I recently purchased the tour and hated it. Coming from my curve I found the vibrate and trackball to be terrible! There basically was zero vibrate and the trackball was so jumpy. Also, the plug placement is just plain stupid. I also miss the raised buttons of the curve.

Soooo....

Are there any new blackberrys in the near future for verizon? I returned the tour and I activated my friends old 8130. I would love if an updated curve came to verizon soon.

Thanks,
    NYU02
    08-04-09 07:02 AM
    The Storm 2 is supposedly coming in November. The new Curve (entry-level) is supposed to come in February. Other than that, the Tour's the big show.

And as for the location of the charger plug... get used to it. That's going to be where it is moving forward. The trackballs on the Tour are bad unfortunately, but I'm waiting until they start getting spares in VZW stores so I can get my trackball swapped out.

Other than the trackball issue, I don't have any complaints with my Tour and I am definitely addicted to it.
    08-04-09 08:00 AM
    same here just the trackball and we should b getting storm in september or november. come on the tour isnt that bad dude its waaayy better the the curve or storm dont u think?
    08-04-09 09:37 PM
    ...The new Curve (entry-level) is supposed to come in February...
    Are you referring to the 85xx?
    ...(The Tour) its waaayy better the the curve or storm dont u think?
    Yeah, not really. The Tour is for former Curve owning n00bs who aren't technically inclined. (or bored people)
    08-05-09 05:26 AM
    tours the best blackbery to ever be on verizon....what u talkin bout
    08-05-09 02:52 PM
    As far as external hardware, the Tour is primitive as hell. (I had both the Tour & the Storm.) A trackball?? Oooh, yeeeaah...real CUTTING edge.
    08-05-09 04:17 PM
    I am new to blackberry and want to purchase one. What do you reccommend? I am a verizon customer!
    08-05-09 05:01 PM
    I have had my Tour for almost a month and it doesn't hold a charge for more than eight hours. Any ideas?
    08-05-09 05:14 PM
    The Pearl is for newbies. The Tour is for the power user.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    THE POWER IS IN THE USER NOT THE PHONE! My first BB was a PEARL and I rocked until I went on to the TOUR!
    08-05-09 06:05 PM
    THE POWER IS IN THE USER NOT THE PHONE! My first BB was a PEARL and I rocked until I went on to the TOUR!
    i agree with you dude.
    08-05-09 06:08 PM
    I cannot believe that with all the updated curves and the bold 9000 we are stuck to choose between the curve 8330 (old) or the 8830WE (old and huge).
    I want to get my wife a BB and i do not think she will want to deal with the bugs of the storm or tour. I why cant verizon have a mid level phone like that three other carriers?
    08-05-09 06:24 PM
    And you upgraded to a Tour instead of the next Pearl why? I'm guessing because you wanted a more powerful phone.

I miss the size of the Pearl, So we will have to see when the next and updated Pearl comes out I might be gong back.
    08-05-09 08:20 PM
    The Pearl is for newbies. The Tour is for the power user.

Power users don't use BBs.

08-05-09 08:59 PM
    The Curve is mid-level.

I am saying that the curve is mid level...my argument is that the curve being offered is old. I want a newer model like the other carriers offer.

08-05-09 09:56 PM
    I am saying that the curve is mid level...my argument is that the curve being offered is old.

You sound like my kids telling me I am old at 38. The 8330 is a great phone, even if it has been out a year or two. I don't understand what is wrong with the 8330, love that phone.

Newest is not always better.
    08-06-09 07:25 AM
    You sound like my kids telling me I am old at 38. The 8330 is a great phone, even if it has been out a year or two. I don't understand what is wrong with the 8330, love that phone.

Newest is not always better.
    True 8330 was and is a solid phone. People are looking for the flashy/shiny like the storm was untill they use it for a month...
    08-06-09 07:33 AM
    8830WE is one of the best phones ever made.
    08-06-09 11:36 AM
    Are you referring to the 85xx?

Yeah, not really. The Tour is for former Curve owning n00bs who aren't technically inclined. (or bored people)

I had to laugh. I'm not bored, nor am I technically inclined.
    08-06-09 11:59 AM
    I am saying that the curve is mid level...my argument is that the curve being offered is old. I want a newer model like the other carriers offer.

I SO SO SO agree! I have a pink Curve that, I have to say, I am happy with, but I never like to keep a phone for more than a year, because I always want the latest and greatest, next generation phone that is released. I held off on getting the Storm, because I was trusting Big Red to release a new and improved Curve, only to find out that the one they will be offering is not that much of an upgrade. How disappointing.......

I also wanted to get my daughter the new Pearl flip to upgrade from her current one, but she doesn't like the Smart keys. Wish there was some balance here......SHEESH!
    08-06-09 12:09 PM
    Agreed.
    08-06-09 12:20 PM
    +1
    He sounds bored and technically challenged
    08-06-09 12:26 PM
    I have had the curve and used the tour. I am quite surprised you are disappointed with the tour considering just how much more it can do than a cure (especially browsing, media and speed)??? Huh? I do understand the trackball being a little more recessed than the curve, but I don't remember it being jumpy? Maybe your phone is defective?
    08-06-09 12:27 PM
    i agree...the trackball on the Tour is really bad (jumpy)...whenever i highlight things or try to scroll to certain areas, once i press down on the trackball, it jumps to a whole different area...sometimes it's frustrating and takes a very long time getting to the area i want to. and soemtimes i even select the wrong options in the menu screen so it screws up everything. BB & VZW should find a solution to this problem cus this has been a big downside to my BB Tour experience. Maybe offer the trackball to be swapped out? i dont know.

Also the second biggest problem i have with the Tour is that I am noticing that the reboot time is dramatically becoming longer. Fist it was like 3.5 minutes. Now it sometimes takes around 10 minutes. My first guess is that I have too many apps installed on my device so it takes a long time to load the OS. But I dont know how to troubleshoot this problem to figure if that is really the case without uninstalling all my apps.

If anyone has a solution to this problem, please reply to THIS post. Thanks in advance! =D
    08-06-09 12:46 PM
    I recently purchased the tour and hated it. Coming from my curve I found the vibrate and trackball to be terrible! There basically was zero vibrate and the trackball was so jumpy. Also, the plug placement is just plain stupid. I also miss the raised buttons of the curve.

Soooo....

Are there any new blackberrys in the near future for verizon? I returned the tour and I activated my friends old 8130. I would love if an updated curve came to verizon soon.

Thanks,
    NYU02
    OMG, you don't like the Tour? My brother and I both upgraded from the Curve to the Tour on last Wednesday and it has been GREAT...I have been a BB user for the past 4 years and out of all of them, YES, the Curve has been the best of the best, but now that the Tour is out, I feel like this is the BEST and most POWERFUL one that I've used...sorry you're not enjoying it b/c I LOVE the Tour and it was my first choice over the Storm b/c #1, I hate touch screens and #2, the Storm is still buggy IMO. My sis-n-law has the Storm and I'm wondering if she's going to keep it OR take it back for the Tour after checking out our Tours...

08-06-09 01:19 PM
    Yes, da Onyx and Storm 2 are gona be the next two BBs to hit the market
    08-06-09 01:34 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD