So about three days ago I got this symbol on my home screen of my storm underneath the time and date. The best way I can describe it is that its a black circle with a silver/white arrow pointing south west. It also has a red * which signifies something new such as an update or something that is unseen. And it also has a 3 in front of it? Has anyone else seen this or does anyone know exactly what it signifies?

Thanks I'd appreciate it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 09:12 PM
    i think its app world telling you there is an update for one of your apps
    08-03-09 09:21 PM
    i think its app world telling you there is an update for one of your apps
    Yes it most definitely is app world telling you to update an app i just got it for Viigo the other day...
    08-03-09 10:05 PM
    agreed. It is definitely AppWorld letting you know there is an update for something. Click on your messages icon and it should be listed in there.
    08-03-09 10:06 PM
    go to bb app world and go to my world and look at which apps need updating. its a new notice with the newest update of app world
    08-03-09 10:34 PM
    The update will be in your message folder. You have to open it and click on the link to get the message off your phone.
    08-03-09 11:38 PM
    The update will be in your message folder. You have to open it and click on the link to get the message off your phone.
    Gahhh! I was looking for a fix for this since I downloaded App World 1.1.. how gay is that? I update Viigo, like it said I should, but the icon just wouldn't go away. It never even dawned on me to look in Messages to find the update and clear it.

Thanks.
    08-04-09 07:28 AM
    haha GAHH!! Sounds about right. Thanks for your help. Funny how obvious it was but I still didnt think to look in my message folder even after I did all the updates.
    08-04-09 08:09 AM
    I know that this should probably be in another forum but it's a real quick question. I tried downloading something and lost connection in app world. Now in my world it says starting download but it hasnt change for a couple of days now. Is there anyway I can initiate the download?
    08-04-09 08:40 AM
    if its a free program.. it would be as simple as deleting app world, and then deleting the program from your bb-berry (if it shows up)
    then reinstall appworld (after a reboot) and try to dl again
    08-04-09 10:09 AM
    Thats kinda what I thought but I was just wondering if there wouldnt be a simpler way. Thanks though!
    08-04-09 11:16 AM
    The App world let's you know when there's an update! I never see it!

08-04-09 12:25 PM
    The CB Store sends me email when an app gets updated!
    08-04-09 12:27 PM
    Yes it most definitely is app world telling you to update an app i just got it for Viigo the other day...
    there's an update for viigo. Why didn't i get this?
    08-04-09 03:02 PM
    Ok, so I figured out that the icon meant Appworld was notifying me of an update, and I did the update, but the icon didn't disappear. I tried battery pulls and reinstalling the app over again, but the icon's still there. Any Idea what's going on here? The update was for the free Weatherbug app, btw.

08-04-09 03:13 PM
    Ok, so I figured out that the icon meant Appworld was notifying me of an update, and I did the update, but the icon didn't disappear. I tried battery pulls and reinstalling the app over again, but the icon's still there. Any Idea what's going on here? The update was for the free Weatherbug app, btw.

if you read the post it says before to clear it thru your messages...

I think they should make it so that if you update the stupid icon goes away...i like having it tell me theres an update but it shouldnt take fifteen steps to remove the message.
    08-04-09 03:28 PM
    if you read the post it says before to clear it thru your messages...

I think they should make it so that if you update the stupid icon goes away...i like having it tell me theres an update but it shouldnt take fifteen steps to remove the message.
    I see it now. I never noticed it before in my messages. It's gone now, thanks.

08-04-09 08:15 PM
    it means you have an application that needs to be updated somewhere on your phone
    08-04-09 09:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD